Requirements To Start Racing Bikes

thhMan

Depends what bike you want to race. Kawasaki hold some small races for Ninja250, ER6n/f but these are more like fun races. Motorcycle mag just held a double race weekend at BIRA circuit on 24/25th, classes include Moto3(CBR250) and SuperBike 1000cc (SB1 Pro, SB2 AM & SB3 Novice). requirements for the Kawasaki race are pretty much upto u, no license needed just show up. Motorcycle Mag or R2M events are run through FMSCT/MSAT so you'll need all the proper safety gear, bike needs to have oil filler & drain plug safety wired. MSAT racing license is 500Baht and you can pay that when you enter your first race. Race fees are 1000baht/race for the AM/Novice classes and increase to 2500baht for the SB1 Pro class. There's also Supercar events that include SuperBike 1,2 &3 classes in one race.

Thanks guys, thats some great info...

I raced motocross and the occasional supercross back home in oz, so supermoto is interesting thought...

I watched some threads with people modding er6n's which looks very appetizing, so I will probably go that route.

Much appreciated !

I raced motocross and the occasional supercross back home in oz, so supermoto is interesting thought...

I watched some threads with people modding er6n's which looks very appetizing, so I will probably go that route.

Much appreciated !

There's a Kawasaki event coming up on Jan 14th at BIRA that you could race a ER6n if you already have one. If not, i might know of two ER6n track bikes that could be forsale in the very near future.

Much appreciated !

Go to a certain jonniethai youtube page to see more rides round Bira. Including Newf. :)

Much appreciated !

Go to a certain jonniethai youtube page to see more rides round Bira. Including Newf. smile.png

Did a 1:04.8 at BIRA on saturday in qualifying on the 08CBR1000rr...racing with the big boys now in SB1, so i'm not sure if kawasaki will let me race at their events anymore....time to sell the ER6n then