Movie Software

donna

Does anyone know of an easy software that I can buy which will enable me to take a video from a camera, put it onto my PC where I can edit it by adding music etc?

I have Windows Movie Maker, and whilst this is OK for still photos, adding effects etc, I am having trouble with the type of format for music to be put on the CD. Does anyone know what format the music files need to be in?

Or, is there a simple, idiot proof software that I can simply load and play with?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know of an easy software that I can buy which will enable me to take a video from a camera, put it onto my PC where I can edit it by adding music etc? 

I have Windows Movie Maker, and whilst this is OK for still photos, adding effects etc, I am having trouble with the type of format for music to be put on the CD.  Does anyone know what format the music files need to be in? 

Or, is there a simple, idiot proof software that I can simply load and play with? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You're a bit shy on telling what kind of camera you are using, but you might upgrade first to Windows Movie Maker 2.1 (if you have Service Pack 2), it is a nifty little program with some nice features, and best of all it's free.

If you are a bit more serious then have look here at pinnacle, it is straight forward and has a lot of handy features, available in Thailand, and easy to use

goodluck with it

Edited by bangbuathong

Thanks Bangbuathong.

I have Windows Moviemaker 2.1 already, but am having trouble with actually creating the DVD. I can put the movie onto my PC, edit it and add titles etc. But when I come to writing it to DVD, I am having trouble.

I have tried using Nero, but it only plays on a PC, not on a regular DVD player.

Am I just being a bit thick and not realising that there is a really easy way to do this within the Moviemaker software?

I use Sony Vegas which will take videos from your camera using a standard USB connection. You can then edit and include still images and music.

Vegas is used by professional production houses so has a huge range of features, but is also easy to understand by simple idiots like me. I produced a seven minute movie for our local windsurfing club and it looked pretty cool. Having made your movie you can use Sony DVD Architect to produce a DVD with multiple menus and even subtitles if you wish.

The software is expensive however, but I would not encourage you to purchase copies for a couple of hundred baht because that would be illegal.

Thanks Bangbuathong.

I have Windows Moviemaker 2.1 already, but am having trouble with actually creating the DVD.  I can put the movie onto my PC, edit it and add titles etc.  But when I come to writing it to DVD, I am having trouble. 

I have tried using Nero, but it only plays on a PC, not on a regular DVD player. 

Am I just being a bit thick and not realising that there is a really easy way to do this within the Moviemaker software?

I've got to ask (do not know how far your knowledge leads :o ) did you just write it on a dvd or did you make a dvd movie, quite a difference. you need a plugin for Nero click here

If you did burn a video dvd then i might be not compatible with the DVD player you are using (older players and format of DVD disc)

let us know

Edited by bangbuathong

hi'

movie maker is nice but output in wmv ... not very compatible with any dvd format :o

use it to capture the video then transform it to dvd files with nero vision or pinnacle as mentionned above and burn it as dvd files(nero express) or simply as a video dvd(pinnacle) :D

for nero you need the full version from version 6.3 up to 7 now, in the 6.x reloaded and further you get the dvd plugin included :D

hope it can help you a bit..

francois

Thanks, gents, for all your help. I have Nero 6.0.0.19. I don't have the plug in.

I suspect that I just 'wrote' it to the DVD, not made a DVD movie. That's where I am going wrong. I think I will either get the plug in, or buy the Pinnacle software. Their demo looks impressive, and it APPEARS to be not TOO hard to use. (We'll see).

Another question on the Movie Maker software, what format to music files need to be in in order to import them into the movie? I can't seem to import files straight from an audio CD onto the movie.

Thanks again.

Thanks, gents, for all your help.  I have Nero 6.0.0.19.  I don't have the plug in. 

I suspect that I just 'wrote' it to the DVD, not made a DVD movie.  That's where I am going wrong.  I think I will either get the plug in, or buy the Pinnacle software.  Their demo looks impressive, and it APPEARS to be not TOO hard to use.  (We'll see). 

Another question on the Movie Maker software, what format to music files need to be in in order to import them into the movie?  I can't seem to import files straight from an audio CD onto the movie. 

Thanks again.

I use Pinnacle also. What's nice about it is that it is an 'all in one' application. Contains import/convert of most video file formats, allows you to edit the clips, then chapter the DVD and burn it. Before this I had to use a large toolbox of multimedia tools to get that done. Also allows you to import directly from your video camera if you have the interface hardware (USB, FireWire, etc.) which usually comes with the camera.

Edited by tywais