Debate On Referendum Is Hotting Up: Thailand

webfact

Well they don't want debate....any voice which dissents from their established view is the target of attempts to drive it off the forum - as you observed with Nick Nostitz.

Ironically they claim to be ardent supporters of freedom of speech!

Maybe their behaviour mirrors their concept of how Thailand would be, if heaven forbid they ever achieved their utopian state!

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Saturday expressed ambiguous support for a referendum,..........."

Just for once I would like to hear a clear, definitive and truthful statement from this perjuring puppet.

You make the claim of perjury. Substantiate or retract the statement.

If one is incapable of understanding Thai or unable to understand what is said because the statements are beyond his/her ability to comprehend, this does not mean that the speaker has not made a clear, definitive and truthful statement.

She said "These assets are mine." The court said that they belonged to her brother and this a tax evasion rort. That sir, is perjury, for which the DSI was preparing a case before the change of government. The fact that the case has not proceeded does NOT indicate that the charge was unfounded.

Are you capable of grasping that?

Until such time as a verdict of perjury is rendered, it is inappropriate for you to claim perjury. It is defamation, an act of libel.

A charge has not even been brought. If the Democrats thought they could make a case, I can assure you they would be demanding charges be brought. Take the hint.

I tremble in fear! If she wishes to sue me for defamation, she should also get hold of the petition mentioned below, that will give her something to work on, yet somehow IMHO she really wants to keep this issue out of a court less she be forced to perjure herself once more. I tend to agree with Tul, especially if the person involved has any connection with the Shinawatra clan.

The Nation on Sunday June 19, 2011 12:00 am

Many people showed up at Thammasat University yesterday to sign a petition calling for a legal review of alleged perjury - lying to a court - by Pheu Thai Party's prime ministerial candidate Yingluck Shinawatra.

The campaign was led by Kaewsun Atibhodi, a former member of the now-defunct Assets Examination Committee, which looked into controversial deals involving former premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

The petition will be submitted to Tarit Pengdit, chief of the Department of Special Investigation on Tuesday.

Kaewsun said he had launched the campaign because no state agency had taken action against Yingluck.

He said Yingluck's elder brother, the ousted and convicted former premier, had "betrayed" the people once and he would not allow Yingluck to do the same by becoming prime minister.

Tul Sittisomwong, a leader of the so-called anti-Thaksin multi-coloured shirts, was a key figure in the campaign at Thammasat University.

He said corrupt people had got away by being virtually "untouchable" over the past decade and he would also do his best to revive the case against Yingluck.

Some petitioners have also said they will write letters to condemn Yingluck's past behaviour

On a personal note, get a tissue and wipe your nose, brown doesn't suit you.

I tremble in fear! If she wishes to sue me for defamation, she should also get hold of the petition mentioned below, that will give her something to work on, yet somehow IMHO she really wants to keep this issue out of a court less she be forced to perjure herself once more. I tend to agree with Tul, especially if the person involved has any connection with the Shinawatra clan.

Many people showed up at Thammasat University yesterday to sign a petition calling for a legal review of alleged perjury - lying to a court - by Pheu Thai Party's prime ministerial candidate Yingluck Shinawatra.

The campaign was led by Kaewsun Atibhodi, a former member of the now-defunct Assets Examination Committee, which looked into controversial deals involving former premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

The petition will be submitted to Tarit Pengdit, chief of the Department of Special Investigation on Tuesday.

Kaewsun said he had launched the campaign because no state agency had taken action against Yingluck.

He said Yingluck's elder brother, the ousted and convicted former premier, had "betrayed" the people once and he would not allow Yingluck to do the same by becoming prime minister.

Tul Sittisomwong, a leader of the so-called anti-Thaksin multi-coloured shirts, was a key figure in the campaign at Thammasat University.

He said corrupt people had got away by being virtually "untouchable" over the past decade and he would also do his best to revive the case against Yingluck.

Some petitioners have also said they will write letters to condemn Yingluck's past behaviour

Has Dr Tul ever spoken out about inappropriate army procurement such as the fake bomb detector? Has he ever spoken out about the illegal (and utterly disgraceful) land procurement in Phuket that implicated senior Dem politicians? Why are you trying to present him to the forum as some sort of shining light against corruption, Mick?

Edited by Siam Simon

each other! No other bugger takes the blindest bit of notice. Least of all the Thai electorate.

I think you're quite right, jag. It's just a silly rant-fest at times. But it's bloody annoying because there are a lot of quality posters on this forum. The ones who refuse to join the rant-fest are trolled to hell (the treatment of Nick Nostitz by some on here is truly astonishing). Other posters who clearly have insight seem to get dragged into the ranting. Why can't we just have sensible, good-natured debate?

You make it sound like there are only tantamount from one side of the fence.

Has Dr Tul ever spoken out about inappropriate army procurement such as the fake bomb detector? Has he ever spoken out about the illegal (and utterly disgraceful) land procurement in Phuket that implicated senior Dem politicians? Why are you trying to present him to the forum as some sort of shining light against corruption, Mick?

In fact I said that I agreed with one statement made by him, to wit:

Tul Sittisomwong......... said corrupt people had got away by being virtually "untouchable" over the past decade..........

That is not " trying to present him to the forum as some sort of shining light against corruption" nor does it mean that I support his every action. It is akin to saying that if I hold a girl's hand, then I should marry her, pledging undying love for eternity.

OTOH you do seem to adhere to this principle in your own political stance.

Tul Sittisomwong......... said corrupt people had got away by being virtually "untouchable" over the past decade..........

That is not " trying to present him to the forum as some sort of shining light against corruption" nor does it mean that I support his every action. It is akin to saying that if I hold a girl's hand, then I should marry her, pledging undying love for eternity.

Fair point, Mick, I accept it. but what do you think about Dr Tul? Do you think that he and his grouping take issue with all corruption in Thailand? They don't seem to do so to me.

Having re-read your post, I have to add:

Are you REALLY asking why I don't support a person's IN-actions?

Do I ask you "Do you support Thaksin for NOT committing suicide which would solve many of Thailand's political problems?"

Fair point, Mick, I accept it. but what do you think about Dr Tul? Do you think that he and his grouping take issue with all corruption in Thailand? They don't seem to do so to me.

From the little that I know of him, you may be correct. OTOH being focused on one or two major sources of corruption is not necessarily a bad thing.

Having re-read your post, I have to add:

Are you REALLY asking why I don't support a person's IN-actions?

Do I ask you "Do you support Thaksin for NOT committing suicide which would solve many of Thailand's political problems?"

Oh dear. And there was me thinking that we had a reasonable debate going.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Saturday expressed ambiguous support for a referendum,..........."

Just for once I would like to hear a clear, definitive and truthful statement from this perjuring puppet.

If one is incapable of understanding Thai or unable to understand what is said because the statements are beyond his/her ability to comprehend, this does not mean that the speaker has not made a clear, definitive and truthful statement.

Show me where she has made a truthful and sincere statement relating to her brother since she was projected into government on the sole premis of bringing him back to Thailand and what about her blatant perjury in the shares debacle where she has so far escaped on a technicality about the size of her holding not being disclosable!!!!

I wish the government and the opposition (and the gov. apologists here) saw the light and understood that the only proper way to do this is to allow each specific change to be voted for. No package-voting of any kind.

Anything else is bound to contain one supposed main issue and then lots of less highlighted amendments that severely alters the playing-field, often without the voters having a clear understanding about this fact.

" often without the voters having a clear understanding about this fact."

Here we go again with 'the voters are stupid'. What an utterly lame debating tactic.

Pheu Thai's election platform was as plain as daylight. What they aren't delivering on should be the big concern for this discussion forum.

You mean the election promises they broke in the first 2 weeks of office? Or are you referring to the Democratic Fascist Republic of Shingapore? That takes time. After all, one only has so many relatives to fill key government posts with. But downsizing the management team to say one post should help.

I'm referring to ALL the election promises they've backtracked on so far. The current government should be judged on their merits, and they are not doing awfully well at the moment. The seemingly endless vitriolic propaganda rants on this forum are just plain tiresome. Just who do you guys (and you all know who you are) think you're impressing with your boring rants?

That's just your opinion. It's not boring to me.

Show me where she has made a truthful and sincere statement relating to her brother since she was projected into government on the sole premis of bringing him back to Thailand and what about her blatant perjury in the shares debacle where she has so far escaped on a technicality about the size of her holding not being disclosable!!!!

Careful g'kid, someone might demand that you provide evidence for many of your statements.

Careful g'kid, someone might demand that you provide evidence for many of your statements.

Or God Forbid most of them.

Or God Forbid most of them.

Happy to oblige where possible. While I admit she hasn't been charged as of yet, I put that squarely to political interference on the part of the AG. The perjured statement was quite clear, as was the judges decision in the case - it is a case of "if A is true, B cannot be true." to use logic diagram terms.

Wouldn't it be a nice change when politicians and HiSo are liable for their actions?