Thai Government Gets Poor Rating For Honesty

webfact

Well I guess the protesters are/can be considered everyday people as are the truck drivers, taxie drivers, motorcycle taxies, famers, labors, etc. Everyday may be too often for them but every week we seem to have another protest which has resulted in fires, blocked roads, dismantled flood gates and the list goes on.

My point was/is that the Thai laid back attitute which many seem to prescribe to, seems to be waning.As far as your relocation advice, I do that when I see the idoits ganging up for another protest which has and does turn into a riot, several times. (normally across town is adequate)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The people were offered the opportunity for change........they took it......if you guys believe the perfomance of the previous government,or their ill-conceived election campaign, focusing on Thanksin and too little on the issues at hand, all played no part in the result.....I too promise not to laugh

Played a part, but i don't think it was by any means the deciding part.

Deceitful posters like these probably were:post-48298-0-72081500-1326618984_thumb.j

I think I recall the Dems were in favour of raising the mimum wage, just not so quickly......didn't get them elected, deceitful or not! Why was that then?

Realistic proposals are not counter to pie in the sky promises, given to the under-informed or credulous.

Edited by animatic

You show a picture of a poster, you call it deceitful, you then go on to admit the government may yet deliver on the promise.......what exactly are you saying? Your judgement was premature?

I don't think there is a snowflake in hell's chance that they will be able to deliver what they advertised they would, and i don't think you do either. It is simply impractical to ever think they could implement 300 baht minimum wage or 15,000 baht starting salary for uni grads across the board so suddenly, and they effectively admitted this when they started adding parameters that they made no mention of prior to the election. So they have already been deceitful, but the extent of the deceit, won't fully be known until they reach the end of their term... so on that, i do reserve judgment.

The people were offered the opportunity for change........they took it......if you guys believe the perfomance of the previous government,or their ill-conceived election campaign, focusing on Thanksin and too little on the issues at hand, all played no part in the result.....I too promise not to laugh

Played a part, but i don't think it was by any means the deciding part.

Deceitful posters like these probably were:post-48298-0-72081500-1326618984_thumb.j

I think I recall the Dems were in favour of raising the mimum wage, just not so quickly......didn't get them elected, deceitful or not! Why was that then?

Realistic proposals are not counter to pie in the sky promises, given to the under-informed or credulous.

473 seems oblivious to the blinding obvious fact that if you have one man offering you 100 baht, and another offering you 200 baht, the general inclination will be to chose the one offering more. The Dems, upon seeing the 300 baht / 15,00 baht posters from PTP, should have simply knocked a batch of their own posters out offering 600 baht / 30,000 baht. Totally unscrupulous and unethical, not to mention totally deceitful, but if there are enough who think like 473 out there, it seems none of that matters. Get in power on lies, and then spend the next four years saying, "you can't say it's a lie until the end of the government's term".

The last that I read said that the min wage is due in April, & that it has been slowed down due to the floods and opposition from business groups.Has that changed?

Personally i think they are just trying to buy time, and hope that people forget or just get used to the idea that it will never happen. Better than just turning around straight after the election and saying, "sorry people, we lied". Perhaps though they will prove me wrong. What do you think?

It looks to me like the gov't has been trying with the platform. For example, the minimum wage was being pushed before the big floods, despite the business lobby against it. I think they will get a minimum wage implemented - one way or another and probably with some (loop-)holes in it.

I'm pretty sure that the strategy is not "hope people forget".

The last that I read said that the min wage is due in April, & that it has been slowed down due to the floods and opposition from business groups.Has that changed?

Personally i think they are just trying to buy time, and hope that people forget or just get used to the idea that it will never happen. Better than just turning around straight after the election and saying, "sorry people, we lied". Perhaps though they will prove me wrong. What do you think?

It looks to me like the gov't has been trying with the platform. For example, the minimum wage was being pushed before the big floods, despite the business lobby against it. I think they will get a minimum wage implemented - one way or another and probably with some (loop-)holes in it.

There already IS a minimum wage implemented,

the argument was about how much to raise it.

One side The Dems, said gradually and not so much to induce nullifying inflation.

The other side said bump it up beyond your dreams...

They won with pie in the sky,

and now has no chance of hitting anything higher than the Dems proposed numbers.

There already IS a minimum wage implemented,

the argument was about how much to raise it.

One side The Dems, said gradually and not so much to induce nullifying inflation.

The other side said bump it up beyond your dreams...

They won with pie in the sky,

and now has no chance of hitting anything higher than the Dems proposed numbers.

Can you tell me, what were the numbers proposed by the Democrats? I don't honestly recall.