Ricky Hatton

Ricky Hatton hammered Carlos Mausser in 9 rounds to retain his IBF lightweight title and add the WBA title to his collection. He got cut over both eyes though and will need 6 months out to heal. Shame but I reckon a fight with Arturo Gatti will happen in August with a superfight between Hatton and Cotto happening in November.

Ricky Hatton hammered Carlos Mausser in 9 rounds to retain his IBF lightweight title and add the WBA title to his collection. He got cut over both eyes though and will need 6 months out to heal. Shame but I reckon a fight with Arturo Gatti will happen in August with a superfight between Hatton and Cotto happening in November.

Good fight glad I paid sky the £15 :o

and what is the fighters record ??....still took Hatton 9 rounds.......again it must be said, that Hatton isnt a hard puncher.....??? maybe he is.......but good luck to him....

and what is the fighters record

http://www.rickyhitmanhatton.com/index2.php

And he is a huge Man City fan :o

and what is the fighters record

http://www.rickyhitmanhatton.com/index2.php

And he is a huge Man City fan :o

yeh, but what I was refering to was the challenger's record......

Erm, Hatton Stopped Maussa (who was previously undefeated) in 9 rounds and Stopped Tzsyu (who was widely tipped to beat Hatton eh Superfly!?) and he can't punch??

If I were you I'd learn a little about boxing before comenting on the sport Superfly.

I suppose because Tyson was taken the distance by Bonecrusher Smith, James Tillis, Tony Tucker he couldn't punch either........ :o:D:D:D

Erm, Hatton Stopped Maussa (who was previously undefeated) in 9 rounds and Stopped Tzsyu (who was widely tipped to beat Hatton eh Superfly!?) and he can't punch??

If I were you I'd learn a little about boxing before comenting on the sport Superfly.

I suppose because Tyson was taken the distance by Bonecrusher Smith, James Tillis, Tony Tucker he couldn't punch either........ :D  :D  :D  :D

ok...he was undefeated before the Hatton fight...., but who had he fought ? was he just the local boy who picked his fights...

800 punches from Hatton, and after 11 rounds ZU was still up.....think about it...

9 rounds to stop this guy...... :o ...

As for Tyson...he has had around 40+ Pro fights.....Hatton has had 1 American fight, and before that Zu was his biggest fight.....so dont even place Hatton's name on the same page as Mike Tyson.....Hatton has along long way to go until he can even be considered "GREAT"......Tyson is one of the greatest of all time......

Good luck to Hatton.......I hope that he fights Mayweather....might shut u up Pro Fart..... :D

I suppose because Tyson was taken the distance by Bonecrusher Smith, James Tillis, Tony Tucker he couldn't punch either........ :D  :D  :D  :D

ok...he was undefeated before the Hatton fight...., but who had he fought ? was he just the local boy who picked his fights...

800 punches from Hatton, and after 11 rounds ZU was still up.....think about it...

9 rounds to stop this guy...... :o ...

As for Tyson...he has had around 40+ Pro fights.....Hatton has had 1 American fight, and before that Zu was his biggest fight.....so dont even place Hatton's name on the same page as Mike Tyson.....Hatton has along long way to go until he can even be considered "GREAT"......Tyson is one of the greatest of all time......

Good luck to Hatton.......I hope that he fights Mayweather....might shut u up Pro Fart..... :D

:D:D

Point taken Fly, i think there is merit in what your saying, look beyond what nationality Hatton is and then offer an objective opinion......

No chance of that. I think his grandmother was English and interferred with him as a child. Or his Grandad.

I need to clarify, i agree with the fly, i think others should look beyond Hattons nationality and watch him enter the world arena and then comment. A long ways to go.

As for Tyson...he has had around 40+ Pro fights.....Hatton has had 1 American fight, and before that Zu was his biggest fight.....

My point here Superfly is that you keep on rattling on about Hatton being a non puncher yet he keeps on beating guys inside the distance. I pointed out some of the mediocre men who took Tyson the distance and asked 'does that make Tyson a non puncher in your eyes?'

Well?

Hatton stopped Tszyu i.e he hit Tszyu hard enough that Tszyu could not complete the fight.

I think you need to know the difference between a puncher and a non puncher.

Are 'American' fights any tougher than fights elsewhere?

If you really want a decent debate about boxing I'd reccomend you actually learn the basics first....... :o

Edited by ProfessorFart

As for Tyson...he has had around 40+ Pro fights.....Hatton has had 1 American fight, and before that Zu was his biggest fight.....

My point here Superfly is that you keep on rattling on about Hatton being a non puncher yet he keeps on beating guys inside the distance. I pointed out some of the mediocre men who took Tyson the distance and asked 'does that make Tyson a non puncher in your eyes?'

Well?

Hatton stopped Tszyu i.e he hit Tszyu hard enough that Tszyu could not complete the fight.

If you really want a decent debate about boxing I'd reccomend you actually learn the basics first....... :o

PRO fART....U FORGET TO MENTION THE 33+ Heavyweights that Tyson knocked out....and Tyson was younger than Hatton is now.....

And yes.....fighting in America is where the money is....and thats where u will find the best fighters....no matter what u say Fart....

U sum up the Zu fight as if Zu was smashed......800 PUNCHES...and still ZU WAS STANDING UP....so how hard does Hatton punch.......THINK ABOUT IT....!!!!

and Hatton's last fight...took 9 rounds to stop the guy and Hatton got hurt to... Hatton isnt even fighting the top guys yet...hmmmmm..WHAT DOES THAT TELL U......he may struggle against the world class guys.....we shall see if he fights Mayweather just how good he is......

Hatton was lucky that he fought a ring rusty Zu.....or he wouldnt have got a chance to take 11 rounds to slow up Zu with 800 punches...if u knew much about boxing, u would know that.....

but I dont play that game of telling someone they know nothing, unlike u....but by ur posts, I dont need to say that.......

Hatton is fast and he is fit...he is game and ready to take on the best...good luck to him.....thats doesnt make him a hard puncher.....he will have to do alot better to win in his future fights in America, if he wants to fight the top fighters....

I recall you saying at the time that Hatton beat Tszyu that I knew nothing about boxing. I proved you wrong then.

You are yet again displaying your ignorance of the sport if you think that a fighter who stopped your unbeatable Aussie (your words not mine) Tzsyu can't punch.

Know what it is to be punched to a standstill, be it after 800 hits you take or just the one, before you comment on boxing again.

I recall you saying at the time that Hatton beat Tszyu that I knew nothing about boxing. I proved you wrong then.

You are yet again displaying your ignorance of the sport if you think that a fighter who stopped your unbeatable Aussie (your words not mine) Tzsyu can't punch.

Know what it is to be punched to a standstill, be it after 800 hits you take or just the one, before you comment on boxing again.

Hatton would have had it different if he had fought a IN FORM Zu....but thats all been said....800 punches,11 rounds...is not the same as a ONE PUNCH knockout....which doesnt look like Hatton has come anywhere near throwing yet......or is he able to throw ( power), or right on the button....and child can knock u out if a punch lands in the right place...

We shall see, when Hatton steps u in class in the near future....Good luck to Hatton, and u never did inform The Fly of the record of the fighter that Hatton beat in his last fight....had he fought any big names before he took on Hatton..?

Edited by Siam_superfly

Zu didn't whine or offer excuses after the Hatton fight.

I thought Zu would hand Hatton his ass but RH proved he's got something.

Anybody who beats Zu has to be good AND tough.

I hope Hatton fights Mayweather and gives him a beating.

Nothing to be gained by fighting Gatti except a payday.

Superfly doesn't understand that a KO in 1 round can be a lucky shot but making a guy like Zu quit after 11 suggests a sustained hammering by Hatton.

Superfly also doesn't understand that a win is a win is a win and that's all that matters.

In any case RH is a welcome new face.

Superfly doesn't understand that a KO in 1 round can be a lucky shot but making a guy like Zu quit after 11 suggests a sustained hammering by Hatton.

Superfly also doesn't understand that a win is a win is a win and that's all that matters.

Do u understand that Zu had not fought for 2 years before the Hatton fight....that makes a differnce in Boxing.....The Best man won on the night, I have ALWAYS said that....

As for ur KO, IN 800 PUNCHES, ur man Hatton never KO'D Zu with a PUNCH.......read some other threads on this fight, and u will understand a wee bit more.....

But he is ur great hope, and u lot can see him as the complete package, which he is not.....

Ho yes, lets see a Mayweather fight ( Mayweather in 5 ).....it will be a good fight....and yes Hatton is breathing life into the junior welterweight divison, I like him, but he has yet to prove himself...in America...

Edited by Siam_superfly

So this brings me around to Tyson.

A hard puncher according to you.

He Hit Bonecrusher 900 times and never stopped him. Hit Tony Tucker 690 times. Never stopped him either.

Now........

Was Tyson a big puncher or a Pitty Pat boy?

Work it out........

Start to understand boxing superfly..........

There are some guys tougher than others out there.........

You sure ain't one of them.........

You've never been near a ring in your life, nor laced a glove on and I know that through your posts.

Edited by ProfessorFart

So this brings me around to Tyson.

A hard puncher according to you.

He Hit Bonecrusher 900 times and never stopped him. Hit Tony Tucker 690 times. Never stopped him either.

Now........

Was Tyson a big puncher or a Pitty Pat boy?

Work it out........

Start to understand boxing superfly..........

There are some guys tougher than others out there.........

You sure ain't one of them.........

You've never been near a ring in your life, nor laced a glove on and I know that through your posts.

U still are forgetting the other 33+ heavyweights that Tyson KO'D....but just like what u shout about Hatton, that doenst fit into ur arguement, so u just blank it out...

Fart I have been in the ring, Im not going through the internet for my info ( unlike u).....

now I will re-post my earlier for u, so that u can read it, and start to grasp what is going on in the big world of Boxing....

Well?

PRO fART....U FORGET TO MENTION THE 33+ Heavyweights that Tyson knocked out....and Tyson was younger than Hatton is now.....

And yes.....fighting in America is where the money is....and thats where u will find the best fighters....no matter what u say Fart....

U sum up the Zu fight as if Zu was smashed......800 PUNCHES...and still ZU WAS STANDING UP....so how hard does Hatton punch.......THINK ABOUT IT....!!!!

and Hatton's last fight...took 9 rounds to stop the guy and Hatton got hurt to... Hatton isnt even fighting the top guys yet...hmmmmm..WHAT DOES THAT TELL U......he may struggle against the world class guys.....we shall see if he fights Mayweather just how good he is......

Hatton was lucky that he fought a ring rusty Zu.....or he wouldnt have got a chance to take 11 rounds to slow up Zu with 800 punches...if u knew much about boxing, u would know that.....

but I dont play that game of telling someone they know nothing, unlike u....but by ur posts, I dont need to say that.......

Hatton is fast and he is fit...he is game and ready to take on the best...good luck to him.....thats doesnt make him a hard puncher.....he will have to do alot better to win in his future fights in America, if he wants to fight the top fighters....

For ur viewing pleasure Pro Fart......

The Fly :D

Do u understand that Zu had not fought for 2 years before the Hatton fight....that makes a differnce in Boxing.....The Best man won on the night, I have ALWAYS said that....

As for ur KO, IN 800 PUNCHES, ur man Hatton never KO'D Zu with a PUNCH.......read some other threads on this fight, and u will understand a wee bit more.....

But he is ur great hope, and u lot can see him as the complete package, which he is not.....

Ho yes, lets see a Mayweather fight ( Mayweather in 5 ).....it will be a good fight....and yes Hatton is breathing life into the junior welterweight divison, I like him, but he has yet to prove himself...in America...

No, he's not my man.

As said, I thought he would get his ass handed to him as he had fought nobody.

Zu wasn't off 2 years, you forget he wiped out Shamba Mitchell in November '04.

But even after a long layoff Zu is a very tough nut to crack.

Don't forget, a long layoff also means no punishment.

I agree, he needs to fight in the USA where there are many more skilled fighters than in the UK (no Mexicans fighting in the UK).

He will go across the pond because its where the money is AND until you make it in the US boxing world you aren't anybody...bit like Cliff Richard, never had a hit in the US therefore a zero.

Anyway, if you're a fan its all good.

• 3 months later...
Another Hatton thread..... whats on the cards just now for Hatton ??...Pro Fart ?

Hi Fly how's tricks?

Hatton will make a madatory defense of his belts in May.

The WBA and IBF light welterweight champion said three men were in the frame for the contest.

They are IBF mandatory challenger Ben Rabah, WBA lightweight champion Juan Diaz and the former holder of the WBA light welterweight title Vivian Harris.

Did you see the Calzaghe - Jeff Lacy fight btw ?

:o