Thai Massages. Is It Just Me That Does Not Enjoy Them?

BookMan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whata bunch of wussies! biggrin.png

It's supposed to hurt but up to the limit of course. If they go too hard, tell them that. Few of the places I've been to ask you beforehand how you want it.

It is a good feeling after the massage, like some mentioned, same like after the exercises, you feel better. Any time I come to Pattaya I have a route to go through, hit a California WOW gym (on a second road and soi 12 or 13 I think), then take a baht taxi to Sauna and Spa place on a second road, across from soi 6, then normally after sauna I walk out and walk back a few blocks and get 2 hrs Thai massage at one of the places there. Later on when you sit at the bar and enjoy your fav drink you feel like you were just born. Great feeling.

Think I am going to try this. Super excited now. intheclub.gif

Try a soapy am sure you will like that massage licklips.gif Haha

What's a soapy?

I don't know but probably the same as boobs massage. licklips.gif

For my 'man boobs' you mean?

Havent heard of that one yet but I have heard of the scrotum massage, or ball massage. 2 hours 1000 baht

after suffering a severe pain in my shoulder from some cheap bed in a Bangkok hotel when we got to my wifes village she said an old lady will be round soon on her bike, i layed on a matress on the floor were she also pulled a chair beside me i layed face down she put her hands on the back of the chair and walked all over my back with stetch movements with her feet she came back the next night with similar methods after a few hours my wife said pain ok i said what pain she was that good bless her,ive tried massages in a lot of different places in Thailand and found them bloody painful even my wife screamed on the next bed to me when she had one.Ive never thought that was relaxing as ive shuffled out the place

My GF is a trained masseuse and if you feel no pain you will have no gain. She won't work on people with broken backs etc as it can do more harm than good.

By the way 2 massages for me in 4 years and one was only to ask her outjap.gif .

glad i am not the only one who does not like them, how trained are they, not very well. years since i had last one, the sit down on a stool at the end and quick twist of the head did it for me. almost upto Stephen Segal standards. maybe should have took the hint when " i have English boy friend before, he no good" words came out.

Edited by marstons

Most people seem to be on the side of not liking them. So I am posting as a true devotee. I usually go to Wat Pho and have never been disappointed there.( Have been at other places though). I live in London and usually come to Thailand 2 or 3 times per year. Inbetween visits I really look forward to my next massage. I admit it can be very painful but I always feel wonderful afterwards. I often tell people who ask what it is like that they get rid of aches and pains that you've lived with so long you don't realise they are there until suddenly they're gone ! I would like to have a massage in London but at between 30 - 60 GBP a time and no guarrantee of efficacy I'm not prepared to chance it.

glad i am not the only one who does not like them, how trained are they, not very well. years since i had last one, the sit down on a stool at the end and quick twist of the head did it for me. almost upto Stephen Segal standards. maybe should have took the hint when " i have English boy friend before, he no good" words came out.

:lol:

Gee, the answers here came as a big surprise to me. I assumed everybody loves a good traditional Thai massage, because I do, really, I do.

I go to the same place opposite NIDA and pay THB 300 for 2 hours. I try to have the same lady give me my msaage, she knows me, how I like it and where my problem zones are. I often fall asleep and feel great after the massage.

If I go to another place or have another lady massage me, I first have to instruct her, exactly how strong I like and what I don't like. So often this "new" massage isn't as good as the usual.

Gee, the answers here came as a big surprise to me. I assumed everybody loves a good traditional Thai massage, because I do, really, I do.

I go to the same place opposite NIDA and pay THB 300 for 2 hours. I try to have the same lady give me my msaage, she knows me, how I like it and where my problem zones are. I often fall asleep and feel great after the massage.

If I go to another place or have another lady massage me, I first have to instruct her, exactly how strong I like and what I don't like. So often this "new" massage isn't as good as the usual.

I was surprised at how many people don't like them either. Good to know it wasn't just me.

English boyfriend no good, he not by a home for my mum in her village where my children are staying with my husband.

he only send me enough money to look after family every month but not enough to entertain all my friends everynight.

even when i tell him my buffalo is sick he not send more, I leave bad man and look for good man with no brain.

Edited by mataus101

I like Thai Massage but I don't love it as much as Swedish Massage. I love Foot Massage though.

I would pay a monthly fee to the massage mafia to avoid EVER having another foot massage! Same feeling about those guys who want to put a snake around your neck on the tourist boats.

Hahaha.... to each his own. The only part that I don't particularly like is when they use a stick to pock between your toes. Sadists these people!

The feeling after a foot massage is really refreshing especially for someone who walks as much as I do when I am in Bangkok.

I finally found a lady to give a proper Thai massage. It's more gentle and more problem specific ie shoulders ankle neck and back muscles. No twisting, no heavy pressure points. An oddity is the stomach pressure points to releive stress, it's amazing how hurtful very little pressure pushing on your innards can be and how relaxed your mind becomes as your innards relax. Her coworker was doing the same to my wife just working on our problem areas. The first time she massaged me was the same old Thai massage, but with my wife getting real specific on this visit as to what we wanted they responded and we felt great with no bruising on my wife the next day from ingentle care with the standard massage. The hot springs a few feet from the massage hut was truly for relaxing and not to recover from the standard thai massage.