Spouse Visa Easy After Tourist Visa In Uk?

My wife (Lao national) has already visited the UK on a tourist visa. We returned to Lao, she honoured the visa agreement.

We are now going to apply for a spouse visa.

Do we really need to prove that we have known each other for a long time AGAIN?

re-submitting all the photos etc?

We are Married both in the UK and Lao.

I can understand that I have to show that I can support her, but re-submit all that stuff again?

I'm finding it dificult to get certain info from official sites.

Can she work whilst having 2 years leave to remain in the UK on a spouse visa?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Wayner :o

She will need to resubmit a full application with all documents, photos etc, either in Laos at her last country of residence before visiting the UK (assuming she meets the residency requirements in that country), she cannot apply in the UK.

I'm not sure about that marriage in the UK thing, as she is not entitled to marry in the UK under a visitor visa - I think the rules changed recently so check that out before using marriage in the UK as evidence of relationship.

Thanks for your time Guesthouse

I'm aware that things changed in the Uk regarding marriage on a tourist visa.

We were married in January this year and the rules were changed in February. This may mean that it could be used as evidence of relationship but not sure, you're right, I'll check that out.

There's no British Embassy in Lao so her application will be made in Bangkok.

Have no problem presenting evidence, just a little loathe to do so after doing it once already.

I was just wondering if it would be easier to get the spouse visa after having a tourist visa and meeting all their demands once already. On the spouse visa form, they ask for the reference number of her last visa, I was hoping that seeing that we'd already shown as much documentation as is humanly possible regarding our relationship that they'd be satisfied more easily.

Thanks again

Wayner,

The fact that your wife has previously visited the UK under your sponsorship and complied with the conditions of the visa will stand her in good stead. I take your point that why should you submit evidence of the relationship again, when, in granting the first visa, the visa officer has already acknowledged one exists, but for the sake of your wife being sent away to get further documentation, I'd supply it all again.

I take it that you're aware that you'll also need to show that you have adequate accommodation in the UK and that you can support the 2 of you without claiming various benefits?

Cheers,

Scouse.

Thanks for your help, it's well appreciated.

When My wife applied for a tourist visa last year, she was able to send the form first and then present all the documentation at the interview some time later. This gave me the opportunity to return to the UK, take up my old job and provide all the relevant stuff in good time for her interview in Bangkok.

Will we be able to do the same thing with the Spouse visa? Would like to avoid having to wait until I re-establish myself in the UK and then apply. This would be time consuming, time being important as my wife is almost 2 months pregnant.

Also I haven’t seen anything on the VAF2 form or in any information offered referring to the applicant being pregnant already. Should I make this known in the "other info" box on the form? Bit worried that they'd see this as her needing immediate help from the NHS or public funds? Or could it add weight to our application?

Thanks again for your time

Edited by wayner

Can she work whilst having 2 years leave to remain in the UK on a spouse visa?

Hi your wife can work in the uk when she gets her settlement visa.

And i was there last week and there was still people paying in cash ,but please check for good ,as iam not sure what they were paying for.

all the best for you both

Edited by cuddleypete

Hi Wayner,

You will be able tp present the documents at the interview stage. With the application, include a covering letter in which you state that your wife is pregnant. Providing a letter from a doctor confirming this, whilst not necessary, will add credence to the claim.

By the way, yes, she can legitimately work during the initial 2 years.

Scouse.