Not Sure Which Visa To Ask For?Apply Tomorrow!Urgent.

I am undertaking a TEFL course in February and the school have sent me a letter which is addressed to the Thai embassy in Kuala Lumpur stating that I should be given a 3 months Non-Immigrant B visa with multiple entries. I am planning on working in Thailand once I've completed the course but as of yet I do not have an employer, even though the school say they will help with this.

I was going to just ask the embassy for a double entry Tourist Visa, as this secure me enough time to complete the course and look for work. However I have three tourist visa's in my passport already, 2 triple entries and one double.

I'm in a flux as to which to go for tomorrow, I'm not sure i have enough documentation for the Non Im or if the school is correct in requesting it.

Would I be able to ask assistance at the embassy?

If anyone can help as soon as possible I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,

You will probably get a non-ED visa with documents from the school, for your study. That would give an entry of 90 days and after that you can extend every 90 days with paperwork from the school as long as you study. Once you have found a job you then go abroad again and apply for a non-B visa.

I doubt that you will get a non-B at this moment or a multiple entry tourist visa. Maybe a single tourist visa. My advise would be to apply for an ED-visa.

If your school advised you to apply for a 3 month non-B with multiple entries, they do not know what they are talking about.

It's just a one month TEFL course, which I think is not enough to apply for the ED-Visa.

I have a copy of my degree, a letter from the TEFL school to the embassy requesting a 3 months non immagrant B visa, I have a copy of my account showing sufficient funds, I have a copy of my flight out of KL to Thailand.

Is it just best to try for a tourist visa? Or can I ask the embassy about the Non immigrant B?

*immigrant

Is it possible to ask the embassy what to apply for in my situation? I understand that the school are not correct in requesting a 3month multiple non imm b , but the letter is proof that I am doing a course in February - maybe they will grant a double or single entry tourist visa?

I have been in Thailand for around a year with one break in April to England for about 2months. I was just worried my tourist application might be declined because I've had 3 before. I wanted to weigh up whether the Non immigrant B was the better option, but it doesn't seem like it could be possible.

A single entry tourist won't be long enough as the course finishes early March, even though the dates are not stated on the letter.

If I apply for the double entry Tourist Visa because that's what's required so I can stay in Thailand until the course starts and finishes, my letter from the school contradicts what I'm applying for.

You say your course will end early March. A single-entry tourist visa will give you permission to stay for 60 days, which you can extend by 30 days for THB 1,900. With such visa issued on 29 December, this would let you stay until 27 March. If you want a double-entry tourist visa, recent reports from members indicate that the Thai consulate in Savannakhet is giving them, regardless of how many the applicant has had previously.

You say your course will end early March. A single-entry tourist visa will give you permission to stay for 60 days, which you can extend by 30 days for THB 1,900. With such visa issued on 29 December, this would let you stay until 27 March. If you want a double-entry tourist visa, recent reports from members indicate that the Thai consulate in Savannakhet is giving them, regardless of how many the applicant has had previously.

Do you think it's best I just attempt to get a Tourist Visa without showing any of my other documentation? No letter from the school, no emails of conformation of the course.

If the embassy decline my double entry do they give then a single entry? Or is it just a safe bet to apply for a single.

You will most likely not get a double entry tourist visa in KL. However receiving a single entry there should be a safe bet.

If you have any concerns about getting approved for your non-imm B visa, then why chance it, you will still only get 90 days stay out of it.

A tourist visa will also permit you to stay 90 days, granted you do need a 30 day extension for 1900 Baht.

You’re also talking about a multiple entry non-imm B visa, these are not issued in the region, only single entries.