Tot Problem: Upload Via Ftp Times Out

Chaam local

I'm trying to upload files to my websites via FTP, or via cpanel file manager, and I only get time outs. I'm also trying to upload files in a databse using a php script, same problem. Anyone experiencing the same kinds of problem with TOT now? It's been like this for 2 days. The files are small, from 15 kb to 200 kb, I'm not even talking mb or gb. I've checked with my remote server, everything is fine there, but traceroute shows problems in and around TOT.

I contacted TOT "technical" support but they don't even know what FTP is, so of course it was hard to explain problem, even in Thai. Amazing Thailand, ISP tech support doesn't have a clue what FTP is.

Speedtest against Singapore looks normal:

Last Result:

Download Speed: 3991 kbps (498.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 369 kbps (46.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 137 ms

TOT seem have a new problem, since few days if I send an e-Mail with attachment 2 - 3 MB (allowed are 10 MB) I get the message ...

552 #5.3.4 message size exceeds limit !!! If I gou out direct with gmail SMTP no problem. I think they need some expert and not amateur IT people because one problem follow the other. angry.png

Last Result:

Download Speed: 3991 kbps (498.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 369 kbps (46.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 137 ms

Less than 400kbps upload speed is kind of slow . You can max it out very easily if you have other transfers going on. I'm thinking of Bittorrent mostly. You sure there's no such thing?

Sorry if I'm saying obvious things here.

I'm getting exactly the same problem as the OP. I'm on TOT and I've been trying to upload web pages for 2 days using Filezilla and everything is timing out.

I can download using FTP and I can delete files on the remote server, so I have connected ok, I just cant upload.

The files are not large, 2-20Kb, and normally upload very quickly.

Less than 400kbps upload speed is kind of slow . You can max it out very easily if you have other transfers going on. I'm thinking of Bittorrent mostly. You sure there's no such thing?

No, nothing else going on.

It's indeed very slow but it's the only ISP in my neck of the woods so I don't have any choice but to bear with it. When it's slow but it's working, at least I can get some work done. But now it's terrible, I had to put my files on a USB key and drive to a friend's who lives in town and has another provider.

At least if tech support could tell me that they're experiencing a problem at the moment, due to bla bla bla... but it really gets on your nerves when you're dealing with people who don't have a single clue about anything. "FTP... it's a software???"

Yes their SMTP is miserable too, and if you're using a POP client I don't think you can use your own or a third party SMTP (last time I checked you couldn't).

IT WORKS both 100% also with Hotmail accounts for Hotmail with Outlook Connector !!! only with all other accounts as @gmx.xxx @yahoo.xxx etc. I must go via TOT ..... even via SMTP gmail I can send out up to 20 MB