Please Tell Me Karma Exists

Mosha

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mosquitos cause more harm to me than i would ever want to cause to them.

I hope karma will get them, but meanwhile i use coils.

You don't kill mossies that land on you?! I'm impressed!

Mossies do NOT land on me.

Sometimes i do however walk in against them.

When they have bad karma.

who's to say animals are not spiritual beings?

Where do you draw the line?

Dogs?

Rats?

Insects?

Amoeba?

Germs?

Viruses?

they all are spirit manifested as something physical imo. When the physical vehicle dies they enter another physical vehicle after a time. Humans evolved from algae.... to rodent... to ape to human. The same spirit made that journey through billions of years imo.

Karma: Just more religious mumbo jumbo that is applied very selectively whenever it suits.

Somebody does something bad and something bad happens to them back = must be karma

Somebody does something bad and they live the rest of their lives happy as Larry = Errrm, ahh, errrrr.

It's nonsense.

always chosen on some level

So what's the point in worrying about it then?

If whether or not you have to 'pay' karma is 'chosen' on some level then it sort of defeats the point, doesn't it?

yes never worry about it. That in effect is choosing to repay some karma. But if when you look back on events, now or after death, you might regret somethings you did and if so then that regret is you choosing to repay it imo.

who's to say animals are not spiritual beings?

Where do you draw the line?

Dogs?

Rats?

Insects?

Amoeba?

Germs?

Viruses?

We are unlikely to ever know what other animals 'think' but, they certainly cause less harm to our planet than us...

Mosquitos cause more harm to me than i would ever want to cause to them.

I hope karma will get them, but meanwhile i use coils.

do you not kill mosquitos? They are merely having dinner.

Humans evolved from algae.... to rodent... to ape to human. The same spirit made that journey through billions of years imo.

By this one sentence alone, it is clear that you do not understand the process of evolution, which with all the evidence that backs it, is incontrovertible.

I firmly believe in Karma. Bad people do get what's coming to them, sooner or later.

I lean towards belief in Karma. However, I wonder if bad dogs get what's coming to them also.

A dog cannot be "bad" as it is not capable of understanding right from wrong. When humans do not have that ability we consider them to be mentally disabled. A dog does not deserve to be beaten to death in such a manner, although it can be argues that some humans might merit the treatment.

Who cares what happened to a dog?

Not me.

The reason you should care is that the same mentality that would allow someone to beat a dog to death would allow them to beat you in the event of a dispute. Like you, when I sometimes read the local news and see a story of a farang that dies, I do not care. After all, why should I care about someone I do not know. Not my problem, right?

Humans evolved from algae.... to rodent... to ape to human. The same spirit made that journey through billions of years imo.

By this one sentence alone, it is clear that you do not understand the process of evolution, which with all the evidence that backs it, is incontrovertible.

explain. I thought we evolved from apes.

I firmly believe in Karma. Bad people do get what's coming to them, sooner or later.

I lean towards belief in Karma. However, I wonder if bad dogs get what's coming to them also.

A dog cannot be "bad" as it is not capable of understanding right from wrong. When humans do not have that ability we consider them to be mentally disabled. A dog does not deserve to be beaten to death in such a manner, although it can be argues that some humans might merit the treatment.

I like cats but I think they can be bad. Sarcastic, mean spirited and cruel too. Elephants are nicer. An elephant never pissed in my laundry because I was late with dinner.

No, we did not evolve from apes. Apes and humans have a common ancestor. Not the same thing.

No, we did not evolve from apes. Apes and humans have a common ancestor. Not the same thing.

Its all 'theory' anyway - and has little to do with the point of this thread.

But the reality is there is No right or wrong

we evolved from some ape-like creature, homo erectus I think. Perhaps you think aliens made us in a lab, mixing homo erectus DNA and their DNA like it says in the Sumerian texts? Lol

Karma: Just more religious mumbo jumbo that is applied very selectively whenever it suits.

Somebody does something bad and something bad happens to them back = must be karma

Somebody does something bad and they live the rest of their lives happy as Larry = Errrm, ahh, errrrr.

It's nonsense.

always chosen on some level

So what's the point in worrying about it then?

If whether or not you have to 'pay' karma is 'chosen' on some level then it sort of defeats the point, doesn't it?

yes never worry about it. That in effect is choosing to repay some karma. But if when you look back on events, now or after death, you might regret somethings you did and if so then that regret is you choosing to repay it imo.

So now you're trying to tell me that guilt is karma?

So now you're trying to tell me that guilt is karma?

guilt is how we say that WE feel that we have done wrong. Guilt also says we would like to make amends. But regardless, the feeling of guilt is the mechanism to attract 'bad' things. It could be completely unfounded guilt but that is how you trigger what people call repaying bad karma. Imo of course.

we evolved from some ape-like creature, homo erectus I think. Perhaps you think aliens made us in a lab, mixing homo erectus DNA and their DNA like it says in the Sumerian texts? Lol

Erm actually we evolved from crap floating round the universe, some tart it up and say stardust

No evidence, only a theory.

Other theories include God and aliens, all equally valid theories as no evidence either way.

Other theories include God and aliens, all equally valid theories as no evidence either way.

No evidence for what? Evolution?

There's tonnes of evidence.

there is actually big holes in the survival of the fittest model which says gradual constant change. Evidence points to big/quantum leaps in evolution.

Nope, there is no evidence at all to support the theory of evolution, if there were, it would no longer be called a 'theory'.

No example of one species evolving into another species has ever been observed.

Edited by ludditeman

Nope, there is no evidence at all to support the theory of evolution, if there were, it would no longer be called a 'theory'.

No example of one species evolving into another species has ever been observed.

Wow, how could something be so very misunderstood.

Firstly, just go to any decent museum and you will find thousands of fossils. Many of which can and do demonstrate evolution of one species into another. To say that there is no evidence is bizarre.

Look also at the Cheetah and the Gazelle, for example. Two species that are EVOLVING to become faster than each other through survival of the fittest (fastest)

"Theory". Another enormous misunderstanding. EVERYTHING in science is a theory. Just because it is called a theory DOES NOT make it false. That we even exist is a theory in science

Species HAVE been observed evolving into others through fossil records.

From the mouth of Sir David Attenborough, who knows more than most.

"Evolution is not a theory. It is a fact, every bit as much as the historical fact that William the Conqueror landed in 1066. Indeed, more so, because all we have to tell us about William are a few bits of paper here or there - not very much at all. For evolution we have much more evidence: palaeontology, embryology, biology, geology".

Likelihood, Evolution , highly likely, Aliens highly likely although time scale is a factor ie Aliens existed millions/billions of years before us died out and distance is also a problem...... God unlikely most bizarre theory IMO

there is actually big holes in the survival of the fittest model which says gradual constant change. Evidence points to big/quantum leaps in evolution.

Yeah I go with that a mutation which is far better than the current norm reproduces and passes on its best qualities to its offspring will surely rule over a short time frame