50 Baht Parking Fee At Central From 010112?

Felt 35

It's true.

You can see the new booths at the exits now have cash registers installed but its free if you have a receipt of purchase.

I think its fair.

Makes sense because after what I was told many people use the garage parking area at Central and then leave the car there for the day and are not near any of the shops in the centre.

Correct starts today.

I believe the first 3 hrs are for free with shopping receipt.

I also think it is a good move as it is always full.

But this is also because so many parking spaces is used and blocked by all the rubbish they put in storage in the carpark.

And the all the areas that are blocked off for the construction vendors.

Edited by merijn

So I bet it will be even more difficult to get out to the Bypass-Road from Central. The left lane (the one with the red-white painting!) will be blocked completely. If I remember right the no-parking was enforced just for one day there, that's it. mad.gif

They give you a card on the way in, the first 3 hours are free, ( i believe no receipt needed) the 4th hour is also free if you have a cinema ticket stub. Each additional hour is charged at ฿30 i think.....

Central should have installed an automatic parking pay system with a road barrier The above will be abused before we are to second week of January.

They give you a card on the way in, the first 3 hours are free, ( i believe no receipt needed) the 4th hour is also free if you have a cinema ticket stub. Each additional hour is charged at ฿30 i think.....

yep, a few days ago we got a card at entrance, and left within a few hours, free

they have a problem with capacity, among them shopowners parking for 12 hours, and solve it like Jungceylon did some years back

works fine with me

i park at homeworks and walk across the bridge, or on the road

home pro only has farangs parking.. thais are too busy driving around untill 6pm in central's parking or causing accidents by parking in the road while using 3 lane to backup 20 to 30 times until they finally get the right distance

an official study should be done on intelligence and choice of parking space by race

Although they hand out a card when you go in fees will not be charged until next month. I made the mistake of going in there on Monday thinking parking would be OK considering one now has to pay but it was the normal chaos including cars parked all over the place on the roads outside.

• 5 weeks later...

Went to Central yestrday and again today. New parking policies in place and the car park was half empty. Excellent.

But where have all the other cars gone?

they are parking a tesco before taking a shuttle/bike to work

Tesco even more full than before.. go there before it opens and its already half full

Went to Central yestrday and again today. New parking policies in place and the car park was half empty. Excellent.

But where have all the other cars gone?

they are parking a tesco before taking a shuttle/bike to work

Tesco even more full than before.. go there before it opens and its already half full

Seems to be a good observation. All the shop owners/workers who used to park in Central are now parking elsewhere. Tesco & Big C may have to follow suit although Big C have that large space outside that is always empty which could be utilised. Having said that the mall owners should provide a separate parking space for their leaseholders & workers.

Went there yesterday[miday] got my card at entrance booth,drove straight into parking space[plenty of them ] near the entrance to the escalators,stayed for about 2 hours, got out quickly.. no charge...What a big changeclap2.gif

havnt been there in a while but the illegal parking on bypass must be crazy now? probably a ton of car parked in front of the main entrace, making it impossible for people to turn in without going back to the middle lanes?

Sure is getting worse, now even double parked dropping & picking up. It's just crazy time.

havnt been there in a while but the illegal parking on bypass must be crazy now? probably a ton of car parked in front of the main entrace, making it impossible for people to turn in without going back to the middle lanes?

Sure is getting worse, now even double parked dropping & picking up. It's just crazy time.

Solve 1 problem,create Another BIGGER PROBLEM..TIT

Ok, that's good to know, So is it like Jungceylon, spend 100 baht, get a couple of hours free. So long as there are more parking spaces, that's fine by me. I find it's a nightmare finding a space even at 11.00.

post4946333= well, now that they have made sure, one has to go to a ticket booth, with cones every where, its worse than it ever was, they have gone cone happy ,its single lanes. parking is a nightmare now, hard work before, as well as getting out ,I don't mind the fee, its the joy of the money collectors marshaling the cars into giant tail backs, i wanted to do a u turn, impossible, its coned, parking was bad, now, its for sure worse I like central i wont be going there again with my car, park in makro big c and walk or join the parked vehicles out side Thainan please lets have public transport across the island, yes i know there are sort of buses , even the tuk tuks are fighting for space

I am sure one of you will find it ok do tell, you wont believe the chaos. i was going to a meeting to night there, but not now. riley 76

Ok, that's good to know, So is it like Jungceylon, spend 100 baht, get a couple of hours free. So long as there are more parking spaces, that's fine by me. I find it's a nightmare finding a space even at 11.00.

post4946333= well, now that they have made sure, one has to go to a ticket booth, with cones every where, its worse than it ever was, they have gone cone happy ,its single lanes. parking is a nightmare now, hard work before, as well as getting out ,I don't mind the fee, its the joy of the money collectors marshaling the cars into giant tail backs, i wanted to do a u turn, impossible, its coned, parking was bad, now, its for sure worse I like central i wont be going there again with my car, park in makro big c and walk or join the parked vehicles out side Thainan please lets have public transport across the island, yes i know there are sort of buses , even the tuk tuks are fighting for space

I am sure one of you will find it ok do tell, you wont believe the chaos. i was going to a meeting to night there, but not now. riley 76

Came back from central 30 min ago, free parking space everywhere. I go there about 6 times a week, never had a problem to park my car.

If now with the new parking system someone is not able to park his car in central, then it is better for him to give his driving license back and hire a taxi or tuktuk.

Came back from central 30 min ago, free parking space everywhere. I go there about 6 times a week, never had a problem to park my car.

If now with the new parking system someone is not able to park his car in central, then it is better for him to give his driving license back and hire a taxi or tuktuk.

I went to the IBAP meeting at Central last night. Parking was a breeze as was exiting.