Got A New Passport, How Do I Get A Double Entry Easily?

Hello...

I am a UK citizen and just got a new passport. I am currently on a 15 day overland tourist visa (in my old passport). I would like to do another 15 day visa run, hopefully getting a stamp in my new passport, and then go to one of the destinations in Laos or Cambodia to get a (hopefully) double entry tourist visa (2 months x 2 + possibility of extension) in my new passport. Can someone tell me if there are any complications to this or should it work seamlessly by bringing both passports with me?

I would like to stay in Thailand for at least a year more with the new passport but am worried that they will require me to present the old passport with the new passport when I go Laos or Cambodia, thereby reducing my chances of getting a double entry (or even a single entry 60 day) since I already have at least three visas in the old passport.

Thanks for any help...

For your border run to get a new visa-exempt 15-day permission to stay, carry both the old and the new passports with you. Present both to the immigration officer upon leaving Thailand to get the departure stamp in your old passport. The officer may also put a stamp in your new passport to reference your arrival with the old passport. On your return to Thailand and thereafter, always carry only the new passport with you. Consulates will not ask for your old passport when you apply for a visa.

For the double-entry tourist visa, Vientiane will probably good for it for a couple of times, then use Savannakhet if they continue their current practice.