Idiot Farangs Spraying Artificial Snow

JSixpack

The farangs have discovered spray cans of artficial snow! Walking down Beach Road tonight, I got sprayed right in the face by some fat idiot farang playing Songkran. I shoved him and gave him some choice words and threats, resulting in an apology. Fortunately I suffered no ill effects. While dealing w/ that idiot, his friend sprayed my clothes.

Sigh. What next?

I had more than enough idiot Farangs to deal with on the beach watching the fireworks. None of them had the sense to light their fireworks close to the water but rather insisted the place to light them was just in front of us and even behind us. It resulted in our group being sprayed with ash, sand and embers and nearly bursting our eardrums. I decided moving away was the best option - not so much to avoid being injured by fireworks, but to avoid getting into a fight.

Alcohol and fireworks are a bad combination.

Edited by tropo

Only Foreigners that are idiots?...........angry.png

If you live in PTY you know that farangs are the group with the biggest idiots and the largest percentage of idiots and bad drivers.

Yep have to avoid getting into a fight, just leads to $oi 9.

I had earplugs to deal with the fireworks in the street--but gotta be careful too.

I'm tempted to bring a can of spray paint next year to respond to being "snowed.":

Only Foreigners that are idiots?...........angry.png

If you live in PTY you know that farangs are the group with the biggest idiots and the largest percentage of idiots and bad drivers.

Yep have to avoid getting into a fight, just leads to $oi 9.

I had earplugs to deal with the fireworks in the street--but gotta be careful too.

I'm tempted to bring a can of spray paint next year to respond to being "snowed.":

Agreed...probably around 90% (with the qualification that it's the tourists mainly).

Sat on Pattaya beach for the New Year celebrations last night, directly opposite the Police station, I was shocked to see one Drunken Farang guy, run from the bars like a madman, onto the beach, waving his arms, singing, dancing, holding 2 very large fireworks, he lit up the first one, dancing very close to it, then the second one, he kicked it after he had lit it, it was shooting into the water,, he was not happy, so he kicked it the other way, onto hundreds of people sat enjoying themselves including small children. The firework bolted into the crowds along the floor, everyone was petrified, it hit one lady on her head. This behaviour is disgusting, and the guy walked off back to the bar. The trees were also on fire with the chinese lanterns, the market stalls had to pack up as the tents were catching alight. I never saw one policeman all evening. A very dangerous evening.

Sat on Pattaya beach for the New Year celebrations last night, directly opposite the Police station, I was shocked to see one Drunken Farang guy, run from the bars like a madman, onto the beach, waving his arms, singing, dancing, holding 2 very large fireworks, he lit up the first one, dancing very close to it, then the second one, he kicked it after he had lit it, it was shooting into the water,, he was not happy, so he kicked it the other way, onto hundreds of people sat enjoying themselves including small children. The firework bolted into the crowds along the floor, everyone was petrified, it hit one lady on her head. This behaviour is disgusting, and the guy walked off back to the bar. The trees were also on fire with the chinese lanterns, the market stalls had to pack up as the tents were catching alight. I never saw one policeman all evening. A very dangerous evening.

+1, my wife was so scared with all the big fireworks being mishandled by Farangs and Thais that we went home well before Midnight.

Edited by MJCM

+1, my wife was so scared with all the big fireworks being mishandled by Farangs and Thais that we went home well before Midnight.

Its the actions of some of these Drunken over excited Farangs that spoil it for us good ones that live here permanently, and we get called Ting Tong Farang !! I bet he wouldn't do it back in his own Country.

So at least there was some good come out of it. The Market should have been cleared out in the daytime, just too many people and not enough space. Really not a good idea to have the market there on NY Eve. Or if they wanted to keep the Market then at least the road should have been closed.

Edited by kevkev1888

its been the same every where i have been in thailand last 10 years, why go to thses places when you know all this is going to happen. no way was i going anywhere near pattaya last night because of this. the dregs of the earth come here, same as songkran. simply stay away and accept it as part of living here,

Edited by marstons

why go to thses places when you know all this is going to happen.

I didn't go there knowing "this is going to happen". I have a young wife who doesn't want to spend New Year's Eve at home watching TV - which is what I would have prefered to do.

^Me neither. Haven't been in many years--since before idiots starting spraying artificial snow at people. I knew enough from my early years in PTY to stay away from the beach proper. And I didn't walk around much at all--I remember fireworks being thrown.

Now, there IS something to be said for going downtown for the occasion. Otherwise, crowds wouldn't attend. It was pretty colorful, to say the least. Enjoyed watching the fireworks from the other side of Beach Rd and MOST of the antics of the revelers. I don't see why my being sprayed in the face was necessary to the celebration, however.

Why is this BS only happening in Pattaya? So far I haven't seen and heard nothing like this behavior in the other major Tourist destinations here in Thailand. Maybe it's just because of the quality tourists Pattaya in general does attracts.

Muang Pattaya, please rethink your advertisement strategies of promoting this city as a Family destination, which it clearly isn't "yet".

I and others were sprayed by Thai women in the World Bar. Sprayed on the legs only.

No stains, no ill effects. Brushed the snow off and carried on drinking and having fun.

There is obviously a difference in attitude with some who do not give two hoots who they upset by spraying it in peoples faces.

I didn't go there knowing "this is going to happen". I have a young wife who doesn't want to spend New Year's Eve at home watching TV - which is what I would have prefered to do.

I'm extreemly fortunate as my you wife preferred to stay home avoiding the fireworks, drunks and traffic jams. I am very fortunate.

I'm extreemly fortunate as my you wife preferred to stay home avoiding the fireworks, drunks and traffic jams. I am very fortunate.

It can be a little tricky knowing what a Filipina really prefers. My wife would have "gladly" stayed home too without protest but I know better. There's a reason why 10's of thousands of young people go out and celebrate - they're young. If I was 20 something I would want to be out there with the revelers too.

I try very hard not to prematurely age my wife.

You probably wanted to say, my wife you ,isn't it?biggrin.png

3 special nights when it's better to stay home: New year, SONGKRAN, and LOY KRATONG !

Situational Awareness Alert: You do realize you are posting in the Pattaya Forum, and in Pattaya SONGKRAN lasts far longer than a single "special night:!" Bah Humbug. annoyed.gif

its been the same every where i have been in thailand last 10 years, why go to thses places when you know all this is going to happen. no way was i going anywhere near pattaya last night because of this. the dregs of the earth come here, same as songkran. simply stay away and accept it as part of living here,

Yes, absolutely the sensible thing to do