Thermal Pain Windows

WilliamCave

Hi

to start happy newyear 2012 to every body.

I am looking to change my windows in my main level in my house.

Went to home pro and got some companies from there called i think it is Lynn windows.

Bad experience getting an estimate from them, payed them a thousand baht for the estimate and the price was so high that i asked if they were gold plated, I also told them it must be a scam to charge the money for the estimate is how they make money sure isnt selling the windows, hehe

because the pricing and conduct of the estimator were very poor so with a bad feeling about them i will not buy there product,,

but they do make good windows

Any info on other companies that sell Aluminum windows , looking for good quality .

And can any one tell me the pros and cons from Aluminum vers PVC windows .

thanks in advance

The aluminium extrusion that is needed to support the weight of double glazing is expensive, Sun Paradise Windows are usually 25-30% more than most uPVC, aluminium is also a great conductor of heat and the frames do pass the heat through. A lot of the uPVC has single point locking systems similar to the cheap Aluminium windows, their hardware is also low quality and things like rollers on sliding units break down very quickly.

• Like 1

As for charging for estimates? You did not mention the terms of them giving the estimate. Many companies I think will agree the money spent for the estimate will be deducted from the final invoice if you decide to buy their products. Depending on where you live and the time and fuel expense why would a contractor give away this service and get nothing in return? Thai contractors or any other good business person is in the business to make a profit and feed the family.

Also is it possible this guy giving you the estimate is pocketing the 1k and the company he works for never knows hes charging for estimates?

Do you dismiss the refurbishment of your old windows using a thicker reflective glass.?

White coated enamal alumium is better looking in most cases IMO double glazed or fitted with thick reflective glass.

PVC in this climate if exposed to facing hot sun wouldn't last long at my guess.

Without sizes it would be hard to say whether the price you were given was a high one.

I really don't mean any disrespect when I say to use the Search function at top of this WIndow, as there have been numerous threads that should answer your questions, including PVC versus Aluminum. The Search function accesses a huge knowledge-base of dedicated expats here in the DIY Housing Forum.

In the Search Box, click on the words 'This topic" and then select 'This Forum"

I think you'll get many results.

As for charging for estimates? You did not mention the terms of them giving the estimate. Many companies I think will agree the money spent for the estimate will be deducted from the final invoice if you decide to buy their products. Depending on where you live and the time and fuel expense why would a contractor give away this service and get nothing in return? Thai contractors or any other good business person is in the business to make a profit and feed the family.

Also is it possible this guy giving you the estimate is pocketing the 1k and the company he works for never knows hes charging for estimates?

Its a concept you and a lot of Thais obviously dont understand................"customer service", its normal in the UK.

When you buy a car do you ask for a written estimate and expect to pay for it?

Edited by travelmann