Welcome To New Members - 2555/2012

Tywais

G'day Members,

What a terrific forum you have going here. Great and informative topics (visas, language,health) and also the good old "general" where I have enjoyed many laughs from very witty members.

Have just spent the first 12 months of my retired life here in Thailand from Oz and absolutely lovin' it.

Happily married to a great Thai lady for 8 years, living out in the sticks on 6 rai, with 4 dogs, 4 cats and several chooks. Beats living in a concrete block as I did for the last 30 odd years in Oz.

Keep up the good work TV members.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello all!

After an absence I'm back to checkout all that T.V has to offer, and in how it differs from other sites.

Looking forward to making a pal or two along the way.

Best regards,

yordyiam.

How it differs from other sites? Well its about Thailand and has some great parties sometimes...

Hi every one,

I am from New York City,

I am fall in love with thai girl for like 3 months but we were chatting on facebook for like 18 months.

hope to share all the experiences from thailand....

best regards....

Don't jump....leap!!

Welcome to Thaivisa everyone!

WPFflags.gif

Sweet!

• 2 weeks later...

Two years lerking is long enough! Thanks to all the great posters that allowed me to make the transition from retired USA, to U.S, expat retired in Thailand. Living along the beach south of Rayong with a great Thai lady and her 12 yo son. Enjoying the experience and wish I had made the move much sooner in life than I did. Enjoy sailing (in Mexico), diving, water related activities. Much respect to the T.V. community.

Hi everyone

Just moved to Phuket after a period back home. Glad to be back! lived in Pattaya, Bangkok and Chiang Mai over the years.

Great info and informative members, helped me out a lot.

After using the forum for years, finally decided to stop lurking and become a proper member! Now I can hopefully pay it forward by sharing my own experience and knowledge.

All the best

Jack

P.S. No, the guy in the avatar is not me! But I feel his pain...hehe wink.png

Swasdee kha,

Hello all,

I am new here...

Perhaps someone can help passing this news to his or her friends.

Chumphon Wittayasan School/Surin (secondary school with 1400 students

M.1-M6) urgently required 2 English native speaker teachers for the 2012

academic year and may be a few more years.

Our school is located right there across the street to the Eel catching

competition pond.

For more information please visit the English resource and instruction centre of

surin2 blog.

Thank you kha.

Hi

I know I have been a member for a number of years and this is my first post......better late than never.

I have been in and out of LOS since 1996 spending quite a lot of time in Phuket hence the Handle. Got married back in 2002 and have a beautiful three and half year old daughter.My wife and little one both have dual nationality ( UK ). I am currently in Phuket on a months holiday catching up with friends whilst the wife and daughter catch up with her family in BKK.

I would just like to say a big Hello to everyone.

Welcome jackkeern

Jasmine rice, if you have vacant position, please advertise via our classified section. And welcome to the forum :)

Also to you Phil :)

I am really new , today.

My account is 'Love is Zero' because I like to see tennis. When I first see my name now, it seems to be Levels Zero, that has different meaning.

Welcome to the forum! smile.png

I am a huge fan of tennis...especially the grass court season. thumbsup.gif

Look forward to a few posts on the Sports Forum!

• Like 1

I'm Anton from Canada. I am new in this forum. I find it very useful, and have some good suggestions to all new comers in this forum. I have never seen this type of forum which help you to travel safe and sound. I think this is the best way for me to improve my knowledge.

Hiya,

Another Canadian here... :] I'm moving to Bangkok in two weeks (mid/late June), to work for (at least) 6-months. Although I wasn't planning on moving anywhere, an opportunity came up in my organization and... in a very short period of time (found out a week ago) have committed to the move. I know very little about Bangkok and Thailand, so will be spending as much time as I can on forums like these. Anyways, am excited to move - and hello to all.

In particular I find the search for accommodation the most daunting... I'm hoping to spend between 10,000 - 15,000 THB for studio or 1 bedroom, ideally with a kitchen... clean, quiet, cool... oh, and near the BTS. :} Otherwise am pretty relaxed... do you think this is realistic? =P

Well, hello all

- J

(btw - is there some way to change my username? Apparently it reads like the name of a sex club something haha >_<...)

Hello from New Zealand

Have been many times to Thailand mainly Bkk and Hkt. Come up regularly for dental work - far less expensive than at home and get a holiday at the same time.

This coming trip (July) also plan a week up north (Udon Thani) to catch up with a lovely TGF and to spend 3 weeks traveling around with her.

I am in the over 50 bracket and somewhat past the butterfly stage but just love the land and its people prefer the non Patts type places and plan this time to visit Laos as well

Greetings to you all from a long time visitor to the forum. I have found the forum so useful, but at last realise the benefits from being a full contributor, especially now with some visa related issues to get clear. Looking forward to hopefully not over robust exchanges of views and opinion.

Hello everyone. I am French (I think I spotted one or two of them on this forum), still not too old (not yet 40) and I work in Bangkok in the Pharma sector, as a legal counsel. I learned to drive and got my driving license for the first time in my life in Thailand... So, I'll probably be lurking around the motoring section (was reading a lot until now).

I am in Thailand since 10 months now, and have been enjoying a quiet life here. Somehow, and for now, I can say I feel enough at home here, despite all the inconveniences of daily life. My training in Thai traffic was even an adequate experience to prepare me for driving in Philippines!

welcomeani.gif to the forum theblether! smile.png

Thanks very much......you do realize we're going to get into trouble from MiG for vandalizing this thread don't you??? crying.gif

Mig16, me and Smokie36 will be over soon, we'll bring you some chocolate, please don't shout at us sorry.gifbiggrin.png

Nah. Smokie has been on here making new members feel welcome for sometime now. He hasn't got into trouble.

Yet. :lol:

Besides......I'm a lady. I dont shout ;)

• Like 1

I am sorta new though not really new but i havent spent much time here much lately. Just got back to check on what's going on about our visa law to expats and yes in order to feed my brain about how to get visa quickly for expat too:)