Overnight In Kl - What To Do?

livingthedream

Get a room in the are of the thai embassy that is near the twin tower which has a chili's in it, ther are plenty of local bars to eat and drink at as well, taxies are metered and walking is easy. enjoy KL is easy and english is 1st language

Taxi is metered but they don't use meter all the time especially when you spoke to them in English they will ask for 100 - 300 baht for around town and 600 - 1000 baht for town to airport. English is not their first language but most of the will failry understand what you need.

In Malaysia English is a 1st language and in KL they do not ask for baht.

My mistake for saying in baht 10 - 30 rinngit for going around town 60 - 100 ringgit from town to airport. I say it in baht to better illustrate the amount easier as 1 Malaysai ringgit equates to alost 10 Thai baht.

It's quite a drive from the airport into town, as l recall the taxi fare is around 120 Ringgit each way.. The Twin Towers is quite a sight at night and worth a look. A ten minute walk from the towers there is a Hard Rock Cafe on the ground floor of The Concorde Hotel. Forget China Town, all selling the same stuff and not worth the hassle.

I know a Malay guy who will pick you up at the airport, take you where you want to go, wait for you if you want and return you to the airport. He's cheaper than taxi's. I used him before, a nice guy.

PM if you want his number. jap.gif

You have not given much info as to flight times but I assume you plan to spend it in town, I suggest you do not get a taxi into Town but use the airport shuttle as it is unaffected by traffic as I recall it was around 35 ringgit and took 25 minutes or so - look at a map and decide where you want to get off and then perhaps use a short taxi ride. I think you MUST see the Petronas Towers and nearby are some good bars I liked one Irish bar out the back side of the KLCC under the towers (forgot name) - google (beach club kl) last time I got a taxi to the Airport it was 70 Ringgit but will be more now - It's great fun there and worth the effort of getting out of the airport

have fun

They adviced you already - to take airport express train from/to airport.For convinience you should stay

around SentralStation(terminal for airport express) - there is good choice of hotels there:YMCA,Hilton/Meridien,MyHotel,Sentral - better book in advance.From there - to explore town - take monorail up and down to the last station,on the way down get off at Bintang and enjoy yourself.

if you fail to find accomodation in sentral - you can look blind in Bintang,always you will find something there.

HappyNewYear!

Went last month for the 1st time, is easy to get about by train, underground and bus, everyone appears to speak English and are very helpful..

I used the Rapid train 35 RM, from/ to airport and underground and buses, meet someone from Phuket that used a Taxi, he said cost 120 RM from the other airport the one for Air Asia, did notice at Sentral that the train to this station was 27 RM, he had also been to the Thai Embassy by Taxi 20 RM, cost 1.60 RM by underground train. The Rapid train from airport goes to Sentral [only stop] go to KLCC by underground well worth a look at the twin Towers + big shopping Mall + many shop under the building. [don't drink so no idea about bars if your into that]