Nobody Enjoy Thai Movies?

Davidabroad

Hello,

I searched some topics about thai movies here but found only one not too old. And most movies that members were talking about were US movies rather than thai.

Nobody never watch thai movies here?

I'm the only one to enjoy them?

As I'm not in Thailand I don't have many information about what are the good movies, what to watch... so when I order some DVDs, it's quite at random. I've bought some good but some rather bad. I would have been happy to see more topics on the thai cinema here.

David

last few thai movies I seen were shi*e - however starting to expect the worse and hope to be surprised. :o

definitely the best policy.

I watch about 50% of the Thai movies that are shown in the cinemas here in Phuket, which is quite a few.

I've sat through a lot of cr@p but also been pleasantly surprised a few times.

Films that for me stand out from the past year or so are:

Sai Lor Fah (Pattaya Maniac)

Kon Pun X (X Man)

The Letter

Puan Sanit

The Shutter

maybe a couple more but they've slipped my mind.

However, u need to bear in mind that i'm fluent in Thai so i'm not sure what these films are like if u have to use the subtitles. I'm sure a lot is lost in translation.

I get Thai movies at home as often as I can to watch them with my wife. Just seen one called "6sixnin9" or something like that. Dark comedy, it was ok. I love Ong-Bak. Not for the story but for the action!

Edited by TRIPxCORE

However, u need to bear in mind that i'm fluent in Thai so i'm not sure what these films are like if u have to use the subtitles. I'm sure a lot is lost in translation.

Yes, as I don't speak thai I need to watch movies with subtitles.

Wouldn't it be good to have a section for movies?

May be we are not enough interested to have one?

We then could talk about the latest movies in the theaters but also the latest release of DVDs.

Does someone know how long it takes before a movie in cinema can be released on DVDs?

Edited by davidrey57000

The Body Guard with Tony Jaa ( Ong Bak ) is one of the funniest films I have seen for years , of any language.

Stars many Thai superstars including Kaosai Galaxy , Kaokor, Samart, and literally dozens from all walks of Thai Glitterazi.

Funny as Fucq!

:o

Yes, as I don't speak thai I need to watch movies with subtitles.

Wouldn't it be good to have a section for movies?

May be we are not enough interested to have one?

We then could talk about the latest movies in the theaters but also the latest release of DVDs.

Does someone know how long it takes before a movie in cinema can be released on DVDs?

SUBTITLED WITH A HOT CHICK THEY ARE GREAT !

teen movies: the red bike story, o-negative, 999-9999

O-Negative has to be one of the best Thai films i have seen. I'd actually forgotten about that one as i saw it some time ago, thanks for reminding me.

So to DJ Pat, i would make a case for this film which has a Luek Krueng in it. I might not think too highly of tata young's music, but in O-Negative imho she gave the most convincing performance i have ever seen from a Thai actress, (or should i say actress in a Thai movie). :o

Last life in the Universe.........Just Sublime!!!

You can rest assured that anything produced or directed by Nonzee Nimibutr will be beautifully shot. For me the guy is pure genius. The way he shot Jan Dara in almost sepia tones was simply brilliant.

Suriyothai is stunning. Far superior to the cliched Bang Rajan although the action in Bang Rajan is far more realistic. Avoid the Coppola balls up though and try and find the full 5 hour version if you can.

Thank you for this list of films. I hope this thread will continue. It would be great to have a category just for that :D

Here are a few of the movies that I've watched.

Blissfully yours. This is one of the best thai movie that I've seen until now. I think many will be very suprised by this choice as I read some bad reviews about it and it is not really the type of US production. Anyway, has been a very good time for me.

Would give 9/10 if I had to give a mark.

Drama. The relationship between a young thai woman, her burmese boyfriend (which is an illegal immigrant) and a woman paid by the thai woman to take care of her boyfriend.

Bangkok dangerous: action. Really loved it too. It is the story of a mute killer, falling in love with a young girl, employed in a pharmacy (8/10).

One of the worst that I've seen (1/10 for the cover of the DVD :o ) Necromancer

Another really boring, some will say that I didn't understand it maybe. Two stories/parts in the movie. The first is a soldier more or less falling in love with a boy. We saw them living with the mother of the boy near her shop. Then, second part, a soldier living in the forest. 2/10

More to follow.

Last life in the Universe.........Just Sublime!!!

You can rest assured that anything produced or directed by Nonzee Nimibutr will be beautifully shot. For me the guy is pure genius. The way he shot Jan Dara in almost sepia tones was simply brilliant.

Suriyothai is stunning. Far superior to the cliched Bang Rajan although the action in Bang Rajan is far more realistic. Avoid the Coppola balls up though and try and find the full 5 hour version if you can.

Nonsee's version of 'Nang Naak' is a must, funny as well as moving and beautifully shot.

I liked the movie made about 10 years ago starring Jintala( I forget her surname),a true story about the first Thai woman to petition the King for freedom to marry the man of her choice.

Regarding dramas, who can forget Sinjai's portayal of a woman driven to grief and madness by the rape of her daughter by a gang in ล่า- la, again about 10 years ago!

This is very, very, very interesting:

Independent Thai movie, English director..  Check out the trailer and music videos:

www.pbar.info

Seems a difficult subject for a major public release.. but I seriously want to see it!

Cheers,

Chanchao

I've actually seen this movie as my Thai teacher at SOAS has a copy. It hasn't been released yet as they are trying to find a distributor for it.

It starts well but descends into a bad B plot movie. The farang who speaks Thai in the film is also the director.

Edited by Jack Jones