Bed Orientation.

bdenner

Which way do your feet point?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’m quite adept with the use of AutoCAD and when designing our home my first draft plan was rejected out of hand by TW. One of the bed rooms had the bed orientated with the occupant laying --- feet pointing East. Relocating a window and door fixed the problem.

I was told that it was not ‘Lucky’ to sleep West to East as that direction was reserved for the deceased.

The point of this poll is to find the number of members who were aware of the belief and abided by it.

To be honest I have not bothered to look at bed orientation in Thai hotels and TW has never passed comment so I would be interested to know if they conform.

I don't think it's so much an unluck thing to sleep in an E-W direction, as sleeping the wrong way around. :o

Your head should point East - towards the rising sun, and your feet West - towards the setting sun.

My missus made me completely re-arrange the furniture in our (rental) house to accomodate this belief.

At the house we've built in an Isaan village, our upstairs bedroom was specifically oriented this way too.

GF thinks head pointing north and feet pointing south is the auspicious way, so that's the way our bed's oriented. I have observed this is also the way the beds were placed when I moved in to my previous condominium.

If I am not mistaken, the orientation of the bed in reference to the bathroom and the staircase is also important.

Dang

Now I know why she likes that side!!

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2005-11-29 09:14:36)

If I am not mistaken, the orientation of the bed in reference to the bathroom and the staircase is also important.

I know that the head should never be pointing towards the bathroom.

The bed should not be pointing to the bathroom.

Surely iy doesn't matter what side you are on?

ok thanx Neeranam

I am just closest.

For practicality of course.

Dang

Now I know why she likes that side!!

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2005-11-29 09:14:36)

I know that the head should never be pointing towards the bathroom.

The bed should not be pointing to the bathroom.

Surely iy doesn't matter what side you are on?

Interesting thread.

My wife and I disagree.

She says it should be east-west and I say it should be north-south

From recent furniture games at the JxP family home - head to the East and feet to the West or head to the North and feet to the South but never the other ways round . . . . .

For what it's worth . . . . :o

JxP

My husband says head to the east, north or south is fine (and since I like to rearrange the furniture we have had all 3 configurations) but will not allow the head to the west as that is for the dead.

Although it's not quite what you meant: My wife makes me sleep on the side nearest the door so that if anyone breaks into the house, I'll get killed first.

TW has other thoughts on that. I get the window for the same reason and she gets the door for a quick escape. That applies to high rise hotels as well if you can figure that :o

Although it's not quite what you meant: My wife makes me sleep on the side nearest the door so that if anyone breaks into the house, I'll get killed first.

I always make sure i sleep nearest the door too, using that reason. But it's really coz I want to be closest to the door when she gets really pissed off.....

• 2 weeks later...