"Like System" Enabled On Thaivisa Forum

george

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being one of those curmudgeonly and grouchy old men who sometimes dislike things, even intensely, I think it's a pity not to have a Don't Like function as well as Like. In our local forum we have a Thank You button, which somehow I feel is more positive than the ubiquitous Like.

• Like 2

Where is the counterpart.. i dont like this

"Do not like" button is unavailable on most social networking sites like Facebook and Thaivisa.

But a lot of websites have a + and - or an up arrow and down arrow so members can like and dislike.

You are talking about comment sections. Different animals.

Next ...

• Like 1

Forget to mention, that your reputation points (number of Likes you have recieved) will also show up on your Member profile page. Just mouse-over a member name and you see the current score. This means that good, well written and informative posts increases your "karma" or "reputation" on the forum.

Forum reputation is visible to all members.

• Like 2

"Do not like" button is unavailable on most social networking sites like Facebook and Thaivisa.

But a lot of websites have a + and - or an up arrow and down arrow so members can like and dislike.

You are talking about comment sections. Different animals.

Next ...

And you're not making comments on this forum?

• Like 2

Do you remember the Red and Green feature we had before? Turned into a headache with cliques patting each other on the back and general abuse of the system.

Seems like the reputation function is back

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/523350-like-system-enabled-on-thaivisa-forum/page__view__findpost__p__4952256

• Like 1

This is a forum site. Different format than people commenting on a base article.

So when is a comment not a comment?

On comment sites people are mostly reacting directly to the base article. Here the situation is much more dynamic with members verbally interacting with each other directly. It's an executive decision whether to allow negative indicators. I am happy with the decision here. You are not. Oh well.
  • Like 1

This is a forum site. Different format than people commenting on a base article.

So when is a comment not a comment?

On comment sites people are mostly reacting directly to the base article. Here the situation is much more dynamic with members verbally interacting with each other directly. It's an executive decision whether to allow negative indicators. I am happy with the decision here. You are not. Oh well.

You obviously haven't read many comments sites where commenters directly comment about other commenters comments in the same way as this forum reacts with comments to the original poster (base article), or other posters comments.

I'd suggest BBC, or 606.

The flames will take care of the "dislike" part. wink.png

You obviously haven't read many comments sites where commenters directly comment about other commenters comments in the same way as this forum reacts with comments to the original poster (base article), or other posters comments.

I'd suggest BBC, or 606.

OK. But its not going your way anyhow. I feel your pain.