Feca

PeaceBlondie

As long as they keep churming out more girls than boys, than I`m quite happy with the statisics.

Anyway, people are having less children these days and the old structure of needing more children to take care of their parents is changing.

How do they then take care?? does the govt provide a pension yet? I saw teachers get quite a good pension also the free or 30 baht healthcare

As long as they keep churming out more girls than boys, than I`m quite happy with the statisics.

Anyway, people are having less children these days and the old structure of needing more children to take care of their parents is changing.

How do they then take care?? does the govt provide a pension yet? I saw teachers get quite a good pension also the free or 30 baht healthcare

A generation ago, parents had more children because later on they hoped that the children would care for them in their old age.

These days Thai people`s living standards have improved, with better wages, the 30 baht scheme healh care and so on, which means that the elderly can be dependant on less children.

Edited by Beetlejuice

As long as they keep churming out more girls than boys, than I`m quite happy with the statisics..............

Don't be so selfish, Bjlicklips.gif

You're quite right though, re the fudamantal reson for the decline in birth rates, and of course the dramatic drop in child mortality rates everywhere mean that there is more chance of all those born reaching maturity. My grandmother had 9 children, 3 of whom died in childhood of various diseases almost unheard of today, my mother had only 2 children, both of us reached old age resonably unscathed.