Travel Insurance Requirements

exeter

I will soon be returning to the UK for a short holiday and put things in place for my return to Thailand. Yesterday i was looking at travel insurance to cover me whilst I am back here, probably for most of the year, 10-11 months. One of the questions that is asked is "Are you a resident of the UK?" I do have an address (house) in the UK where I have lived for over 30 years and I do have UK bank accounts,but, on the other hand I am spending more time in Thailand as a resident so it may be that there is rider to the question, something on the lines of " have you lived in the UK for the previous 3 months? ".

I will almost certainly need to contact companies when I get back, non of the ones I have looked at seem to have online contacts and telephone calls will be expensive,so, does anyone have any experience of this, thoughts or facts. I am a UK pensioner which as you can imagine will make this a costly but unaviodable excercise!

Thanks for any helpful information

I took out a 7 and half month travel insurance, whilst in the uk to enable me to travel here, cost me £1.00 per day which included previous condition of high blood pressure and high cholesterol, i went through confused.com and went for columbas direct, yes they do have restrictions on being UK resident, you will have to check the terms and conditions, to see if your length of stay in the UK fits. I have had reason to claim for an inpatient operation and after checking i had a return ticket, and checking with my GP, that i had not had that illness before, they settled the claim direct with the hospital. At the moment i do half ( ish) the year here and half (ish) in the Uk, so a little different to your circumstances. A friend of mine is here for 10 and got cover for the same price, but it is his first long trip here. good luck hunting

The resident requirements seem to be ambiguous, at the moment I am here with travel Insurance but I somehow think that my intrepretation of the question which as I remember it was " have you been a resident of the UK for more than 3 months"? I was born in the UK and lived there for over 60 years, so my answer is yes, but, if the implication was the previous 3 months to when you applied then the answer would be no.