Bittorent Slow On International Peers !

Petch01

Hi guys,

Have you noticed that bittorent is very, very slow when connected to international peers only.

Generally I have nice speeds (10-85 kBps) on good torrents. I have at TOT 1024/256. I analysed the IP addresses where the high speeds came from.

They all came from inside Thailand.

To test a little more, I made a block list of some Thai IP addresses and found out that my bt-speed was dropping to a maximum of 9 kBps.

What are your experiences on this issue?

Petch01

Hi guys,

Have you noticed that bittorent is very, very slow when connected to international peers only.

Generally I have nice speeds (10-85 kBps) on good torrents. I have at TOT 1024/256. I analysed the IP addresses where the high speeds came from.

They all came from inside Thailand.

To test a little more, I made a block list of some Thai IP addresses and found out that my bt-speed was dropping to a maximum of 9 kBps.

What are your experiences on this issue?

Petch01

International link is slow in Thailand, nothing you can do about that, but you might have a look at the expathub, more users every day and steadily growing (3.x Terabyte)

Since international lines for P2P such as Kazaa and Bit Torrent are slow a few of us have set up a Direct Connect hub specifically for people in Thailand. File transfers go at full speed at advertised TRUE rates since it is local traffic. Files are whatever people share - mostly latest hollywood stuff. Direct Connect is one of the main P2P file sharing platforms

unquote

see these threads