Lottery Funds Needed To Buy 232 New Ambulances

george

Lottery funds needed for ambulances

BANGKOK: -- The Cabinet yesterday approved an additional budget from lottery funds to support an existing fund to buy 232 ambulances, Deputy Prime Minister Pinij Charusombat said.

The Public Health Ministry sum was sufficient for only 131 vehicles, or Bt230 million, following a Comptroller General’s Department regulation, because the final bidding was not conducted through an e-auction process, as originally required.

The Government Lottery Office was previously asked to contribute another Bt178 million to buy the remaining 101 ambulances, and it agreed to assist.

“Cabinet approval today [November 29] will enable the purchase process to commence within this week,” Pinij said.

Each vehicle is priced at Bt1.467 million with equipment worth a further Bt300,000.

--The Nation 2005-11-30

Does anyone know what kind of vehicles these are? Lot Gabow? I have only ever seen private hospital ambulances where I live, I am sure they are not bought via the lotteries fund. But I do see a lot of Lot Gabow with injured folks driving like madmen.