2012 Track Days

sbk

Oki doki.

HAVE FUN GUYS - i'LL BE WORKING and think of yer.

Take it easy Harley23 our Newf is super quick!!!

He's done 5k track kms in a year!!

WOW! jap.gif

thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Made it down to BIRA this morning, had the track to myself for most of the morning other then Narve on his K5 who showed up around 10am. Managed to set a new PB on my second session in the morning 1:10.06, tried to hit single digits for the rest of the morning but my YSS shock was letting me down and my rear tire was ripped to shreds. I think 09s are possible but will need to push alittle harder.

Would an Ohlins be any better or was it that you were pushing so hard that that was the limit?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oki doki.

HAVE FUN GUYS - i'LL BE WORKING and think of yer.

Take it easy Harley23 our Newf is super quick!!!

He's done 5k track kms in a year!!

WOW! jap.gif

thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Made it down to BIRA this morning, had the track to myself for most of the morning other then Narve on his K5 who showed up around 10am. Managed to set a new PB on my second session in the morning 1:10.06, tried to hit single digits for the rest of the morning but my YSS shock was letting me down and my rear tire was ripped to shreds. I think 09s are possible but will need to push alittle harder.

Would an Ohlins be any better or was it that you were pushing so hard that that was the limit?

Not sure, my YSS is the street version so I might need the upgraded version with compression chamber and adjustable ride height to dial it in better. Luke will be down on Monday with his ER6 and he has the better YSS shock, so I'll see how it goes for him. I had to flip my tire after 3 sessions today so a new rear tire per trackday would get expensive.

Just a heads up that Myself and 2 others from chiang mai will be heading to BIRA on the Monday 6th, then following that up with a visit to Bonanza in Khao Yai on the Tuesday 7th. Since my CBR1000 is in a million pieces then I will be on my trusty ER6nRR trying to beat the flying canadian's 1m10.06 lap at BIRA!!

Hopefully see some folk out at the track...

Edited by sundaypsychos

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Regarding Bonanza circuit at Khao Yai. A friend is planning a couple of track days there this month. He was curious as to track surface grip. He has Pirelli SC2's fitted and wants some insight on optimum tyre pressures for that track. Also is fuel available (race gas perhaps?). first Aid, medical facilities etc etc.

Thanks in advance,

Garry

Hey guys,

Regarding Bonanza circuit at Khao Yai. A friend is planning a couple of track days there this month. He was curious as to track surface grip. He has Pirelli SC2's fitted and wants some insight on optimum tyre pressures for that track. Also is fuel available (race gas perhaps?). first Aid, medical facilities etc etc.

Thanks in advance,

Garry

Ha ha! Dude, it's in the middle of a jungle. Seriously!

There are NO facilities yet, though they are slowly building some. The surface is a bit slippery, compared to say BIRA and Thailand Circuit. It's not a track you want to come off on a bike- they've put arco around most of the track and most of the runouts are very shallow.

Still, it's a beautiful spot and worth a visit. I just wouldn't recommend pushing it too hard there. No idea where the nearest medical facilities might be. I imagine nearest hospital might be in Pak Chong?

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance,

Garry

Ha ha! Dude, it's in the middle of a jungle. Seriously!

There are NO facilities yet, though they are slowly building some. The surface is a bit slippery, compared to say BIRA and Thailand Circuit. It's not a track you want to come off on a bike- they've put arco around most of the track and most of the runouts are very shallow.

Still, it's a beautiful spot and worth a visit. I just wouldn't recommend pushing it too hard there. No idea where the nearest medical facilities might be. I imagine nearest hospital might be in Pak Chong?

Thanks Tony, I'll pass that on to my mate.

Hi,

I just heard that Bangkok Circuit (the one behind Seacon Square) will be completely renovated the coming 2-3 months (March-May) including new asphalt etc.

Anyone knows more or can confirm this? Would be too good to be true. Although the track is located just 20min from my house, I never really wanted to ride it due to its poor condition.

Nicky

Edited by Nickymaster

Hi,

I just heard that Bangkok Circuit (the one behind Seacon Square) will be completely renovated the coming 2-3 months (March-May) including new asphalt etc.

Anyone knows more or can confirm this? Would be too good to be true. Although the track is located just 20min from my house, I never really wanted to ride it due to its poor condition.

Nicky

I was there a week ago and they've trucked in a lot of dirt so it certainly looks like they've got something planned. It could be a great little track if they'd fix it up and maintain it! As it is now, it's in pretty bad shape, but for only 300 baht/day it's hard to expect much ;)

429533_10151265889360710_508210709_23049450_1312030866_n.jpg

Hello track-day guys

I've never been on a track so I have a few questions regarding a day on the track.

I'm not looking to race my bike, but I would like to improve my riding skills and gain confidence. I don't own a race bike, just a little Yamaha SR400 with tracker tyres.

Is any bike suitable for the track? Anything I have to do to the bike before I enter the track? Are there any rules concerning the riding gear? I have a good helmet and a light leather jacket with some protective inserts. But what about trousers, boots and gloves?

Is it be possible to rent the riding gear or even a bike there?

Anything else a newbie should know before turning up at a track?

thanks for the help!

Hello track-day guys

I've never been on a track so I have a few questions regarding a day on the track.

I'm not looking to race my bike, but I would like to improve my riding skills and gain confidence. I don't own a race bike, just a little Yamaha SR400 with tracker tyres.

Is any bike suitable for the track? Anything I have to do to the bike before I enter the track? Are there any rules concerning the riding gear? I have a good helmet and a light leather jacket with some protective inserts. But what about trousers, boots and gloves?

thanks for the help!

TiT mate, pretty much anything goes on the tracks here in Thailand. Only one time did I see a couple Russian squids refused entrance to BIRA when they showed up on Beach Road supersport rentals wearing sneakers, shorts and t-shirt.

Usually you pay your money and take your chances and if you happen to come off you're pretty much on your own so best to go with some friends, just in case.

I'd recommend wearing full gear, because even if you are taking it easy, you also have to worry about the other folks you are sharing the track with. The only track where there is gear available for rent is BIRA Circuit. Contact Graham at highsidetours to make a booking in advance as they're not open every day.

The BRC in Bangkok can be a fun little track to cruise around on. Take it easy as the surface is rather slippery! I hear Thailand Circuit is in tough shape after being under water for weeks... Kaeng Krachan seems to be a popular destination for track days recently. Bonanza Circuit is beautiful, but not a place you want to crash.

Have fun!

Tony

Hi everyone, whats the current track status at Bonanza? Is it officially open and how much does it cost to ride there?

My riding buddy is heading out there tomorrow. I'll find out tomorrow what the timings and prices are, unless someone jumps in beforehand :)

Thanks! That would be great. Also are the roads on the way there more or less decent? Thinking of riding there.

I reckon it's going to be a $hithole after the red mob concert there last night.

It's a nice ride, except for the access road which is <deleted>.

Price will depend on who's "working" there when you arrive and how rich you look ;)

Whatever you do, don't wear yellow! hit-the-fan.gif

Thanks! That would be great. Also are the roads on the way there more or less decent? Thinking of riding there.

Just heard from my mate. Opening hours 0800-1700, 1,000 baht for all day. Beautiful setting he reckons but awful 5 km of rough road in the last part to get there.

Supposedly has some shitty corners messed up by cars. I haven't seen it so can't confirm.

I imagine that info helps :)

I reckon it's going to be a $hithole after the red mob concert there last night.

Price will depend on who's "working" there when you arrive and how rich you look wink.png

Supposedly the concert was not near the track and it has been cleaned up. So all good :)

Hello track-day guys

thanks for the help!

TiT mate, pretty much anything goes on the tracks here in Thailand. Only one time did I see a couple Russian squids refused entrance to BIRA when they showed up on Beach Road supersport rentals wearing sneakers, shorts and t-shirt.

Usually you pay your money and take your chances and if you happen to come off you're pretty much on your own so best to go with some friends, just in case.

I'd recommend wearing full gear, because even if you are taking it easy, you also have to worry about the other folks you are sharing the track with. The only track where there is gear available for rent is BIRA Circuit. Contact Graham at highsidetours to make a booking in advance as they're not open every day.

The BRC in Bangkok can be a fun little track to cruise around on. Take it easy as the surface is rather slippery! I hear Thailand Circuit is in tough shape after being under water for weeks... Kaeng Krachan seems to be a popular destination for track days recently. Bonanza Circuit is beautiful, but not a place you want to crash.

Have fun!

Tony

Thank you Tony, always helpful!

Price will depend on who's "working" there when you arrive and how rich you look wink.png

Supposedly the concert was not near the track and it has been cleaned up. So all good smile.png

So how did your friend like Bonanza?

Supposedly the concert was not near the track and it has been cleaned up. So all good smile.png

So how did your friend like Bonanza?

He enjoyed it, but was by himself on the track, so nothing to gauge against. He watched your video of your lap. He seems to think that there is more concrete & armco that has been added and the surface is worse in two bends. He was ecstatic doing his first track day. I hope to be there for the next one, so we can gauge ourselves and compare notes.

Edited by Garry

Myself and Luke are heading up to bonanza on Thursday if anyones interested in joining. Will be taking the ER6 for a little fun.

Looks like I might have a few days of work so also planning to take the Blade to Thailand circuit on Sat/Sun to prepare for the 1st round of R2M Thailand Superbike race, then hopefully finish up with BIRA on Monday.