• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bangkok Racing Circuit Bangkok

3 Soi Sanamgolf Srinakarin Rd. Nongbon Pravaj

Bangkok, Thailand 10250

02-721-8149

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=13.692982,100.650923&num=1&sll=13.694244,100.649217&sspn=0.009736,0.016512&ie=UTF8&ll=13.69513,100.648048&spn=0.019472,0.033023&z=16

Coordinates: Verified Per ttakata

13.692982, 100.650923

+13° 41' 34.74", +100° 39' 3.32"

Bira Circuit Pattaya

BIRA CIRCUIT one Co.,ltd.

111 Moo 5 T.Pong A.Banglamung, Chonburi 20150. THAILAND

Tel: 085-110-1000, 037-367-748

Fax: -

E-mail : [email protected]

Location: Unverified. Could someone please verify if the google link below is correct for bira. Pm me either way, if incorrect please include the google maps web link for the coorect location. Thnx

http://maps.google.c...=N&hl=en&tab=wl

If anyone can think of additional information for the following tracks. Pm me and I will edit/add additiona tracks to the above information.

Edited by Newguy70

I will probably be in Hua Hin with my Ninja 650 for the weekend. Anyone know where the track in Petchbury? is located and if it is open?

GPS co ords were posted a few threads back - KAENG KRACHAN CIRCUIT: ..... very nice circuit as long as you don't try and hone your late braking technique. :rolleyes:... was there a few months back and we stayed in some bunglows next to circuit ( expensive) ... only about 40 kms from Cha am if you fancy a bit more civilization as the circuit is seriously in the sticks ...but can't wait for my next trip :D

5 of us showed up to BRC for some practice this morning, no rain after all.

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

Good times, although for me expensive as I dumped my friend's Ninja.

Edited by ttakata

I will probably be in Hua Hin with my Ninja 650 for the weekend. Anyone know where the track in Petchbury? is located and if it is open?

GPS co ords were posted a few threads back - KAENG KRACHAN CIRCUIT: ..... very nice circuit as long as you don't try and hone your late braking technique. :rolleyes:... was there a few months back and we stayed in some bunglows next to circuit ( expensive) ... only about 40 kms from Cha am if you fancy a bit more civilization as the circuit is seriously in the sticks ...but can't wait for my next trip :D

Thanks

40 km from Cha Am should be approx 70 km from my Hua Hin home. Looking forward to it :P

5 of us showed up to BRC for some practice this morning, no rain after all.

Good times, although for me expensive as I dumped my friend's Ninja.

Thanks for the pix, Ted! And sorry to see you low-side! Its never much fun to surf asphalt, but main thing is you're OK. I m'self had several close calls on that not-quite-dry track! Had the rear slip out twice on the wet, bumpy, dirty patch at the apex of Turn 3 and damnnear center-punched a dog at full boogie through Turn 1. Interesting... but it was fun chasing him off the track w/ the bike biggrin.gif

Woot jap.gif and many thx to the Moderator for pinning the thread!

Now if peeps would keep an eye out for, and post upcoming trackday dates far enough in advance for reasonable planning, we could have some fun!

Bira has a new policy where all day Monday is open for bikes only.

Always a few turn up on Sunday mornings if track is free (open to bikes till noon) so have look on the website to check availablity !

Now if peeps would keep an eye out for, and post upcoming trackday dates far enough in advance for reasonable planning, we could have some fun!

Always a few turn up on Sunday mornings if track is free (open to bikes till noon) so have look on the website to check availablity !

Hiya Dec!

That's great news! Thanks so much for letting us know BIRA is open to bikes all day on Mondays!

Mebbe I'll make it down next week!

Ride On!

Tony

Hiya Dec!

That's great news! Thanks so much for letting us know BIRA is open to bikes all day on Mondays!

Ride On!

Tony

Hi Tony,

Was there today.. late start due to weather but got some good sessions in late afternoon....

Should be back next Sunday morning and Monday again... see you there !!

declan

Hiya Dec!

Ride On!

Tony

Hi Tony,

Was there today.. late start due to weather but got some good sessions in late afternoon....

Should be back next Sunday morning and Monday again... see you there !!

declan

Cheers Declan!

I'll see if I can round up some of the hooligans and hope to see you next Monday!

Ride On!

Tony

Bira6FebTonyGixxerSSR.jpg

Hiya Dec!

Ride On!

Tony

I'm free the 7th and 14th - yipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! jap.gif

I will be able to follow our Tony with my GoPro and finally get some footage of the speedster (if I can keep up) hehehe. biggrin.gif

Keep those good times rolling. wink.gif

Tony

I'm free the 7th and 14th - yipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! jap.gif

I will be able to follow our Tony with my GoPro and finally get some footage of the speedster (if I can keep up) hehehe. biggrin.gif

Keep those good times rolling. wink.gif
Edited by NormanW

Good to see Declan and the other regular guys at BIRA yesterday.

Full day Mondays is a great deal for only 1200 Baht.

dam_n I was frustratingly slow on the Gixxer... I was a good 4 seconds off my best time. Need to get out and practice practice practice!

Thanks for the pointers Dec- I need to get my cornering confidence back.

Will try and hit the BRC tomorrow morning if the weather cooperates.

Ride On!

Tony

Good fun at the BRC today- a ton of bikes out on account of the holiday. Then I crashed... :whistling:

April6thBustedUpK5SSR.jpg

Grabbed too much brake at the end of the straight and the front end went out from under me. I dunno... I brake way harder at the end of the straight at BIRA and have never managed to lock up the front wheel there- the surface at the BRC must be a bit slippery compared to BIRA...

Track fairings are pretty knackered but hopefully they can be patched up.

April6thBustedUpK5aSSR.jpg

Snapped off my Pazzo brake lever, slider, swingarm spool, mangled the throttle grip, bent the right rearset and a nice dent in the tank, shouldn't be hard to fix.

Thank goodness I was wearing full gear- I slid a good 30-40 meters down the pavement before ending up in the dirt. Bruised hip is my only complaint, but man did my suit and gloves and boots get rashed up. There were a lot of fellows out riding in jeans and sneakers- I hate to think what would happen if one of them goes down...

Woohoo! Can't wait to hit it again!

Ride On!

Tony

Good fun at the BRC today- a ton of bikes out on account of the holiday. Then I crashed... :whistling:

April6thBustedUpK5SSR.jpg

Grabbed too much brake at the end of the straight and the front end went out from under me. I dunno... I brake way harder at the end of the straight at BIRA and have never managed to lock up the front wheel there- the surface at the BRC must be a bit slippery compared to BIRA...

Track fairings are pretty knackered but hopefully they can be patched up.

April6thBustedUpK5aSSR.jpg

Snapped off my Pazzo brake lever, slider, swingarm spool, mangled the throttle grip, bent the right rearset and a nice dent in the tank, shouldn't be hard to fix.

Thank goodness I was wearing full gear- I slid a good 30-40 meters down the pavement before ending up in the dirt. Bruised hip is my only complaint, but man did my suit and gloves and boots get rashed up. There were a lot of fellows out riding in jeans and sneakers- I hate to think what would happen if one of them goes down...

Woohoo! Can't wait to hit it again!

Ride On!

Tony

Glad to hear you're OK mate. Yeh, doesn't look too bad actually and yes good job you had the gear on. Now we can go shopping for some Alpinestars gear eh???????

Does sound like an oil induced tarmac surface mate.

Keep those good times rolling - sorry about the pun jap.gifjap.gifjap.gif

Glad to hear you're OK. That turn one is a bumpy one, and it's the most likely place to dump a bike. I always brake amply before I enter it since I've run off in the dirt going in too hot.

I've oddly crashed entering turn 5 and its very smooth there. My slow lowside crash tore through my mesh pants in only ~5 meters of sliding. I hope your crash will influence the other riders to wear proper safety gear now.

Thank guys- bruised hip from where I smacked the pavement but that's it, and I slid a good distance- the gear absolutely did what it's supposed to do.

Embarrassing as hell as it was a national holiday and the BRC was packed - around 100 bikes I'd estimate along with a lot of folks just there to watch. icon_redface.gif

Have to say I was impressed with how many people ran over in the mid day heat to help me out and check to see if I was ok. They walked my bike back to the paddock area and even brought me a cold drink. Nice guys all around.

Picked up new sliders, stock brake lever, MRA windscreen and a throttle grip and new bar ends from Red Baron earlier today.

Ordered new race rearsets and some other goodies from Moth Racing today but alas they won't be ready until after Songkran. TT-TT.gif

-20081118-104157.jpg

Dun worry- I ordered mine in Black ;)

Perhaps that will give me enough time to get the tank and fairings repaired. Ordered two sets of new shorty levers, cuz it sucks when you snap one and don't have a spare handy.

I managed to snap off the bracket that holds the RH Swingarm spool...

April6thBustedUpK5dSSR.jpg

Bit bummed about that- hopefully I can find a shop that can weld a new bracket on- doesn't have to be pretty, but has to be strong enough to support the weight of the bike on a stand.

I was tempted to get some of these Gilles Tooling Chain Adjusters until I found out how much they cost- Yikes!

P1020262.JPG

Fortunately I've got the ER6n "RR" as back-up till the Gixxer gets sorted.

Gonna hit BIRA again for another FULL DAY MONDAY on the 11th. Woohoo!

Ride On!

Tony

Can anybody report on upcoming Pirelli, Kawasaki or other upcoming track days? The websites are mum on the subject, or it's all in Thai...

Don't know bbradsby, I asked the question the other day.

But, myself and a few others are going up on Monday to have a play if you fancy it?

1200 baht for the day.

Not the same as a Pirelli day but practise none the less wink.gif

Can anybody report on upcoming Pirelli, Kawasaki or other upcoming track days? The websites are mum on the subject, or it's all in Thai...

Don't know bbradsby, I asked the question the other day.

But, myself and a few others are going up on Monday to have a play if you fancy it?

1200 baht for the day.

Not the same as a Pirelli day but practise none the less wink.gif

Which track?

Two of us will be at Bira this Sunday. All are welcome to join in the fun, and if ya do, drop by and introduce yourself - I'll be the one on a Honda NSR-150sp in Repsol colors.

Hi, what tires (manufacturers, models) and sizes are you using for your NSR at Bira and where do you get them? I've had no confidence with my Michelin Pilot Sportys: 90/80, 130/70.

I'd like to send my bike down from Chiang Mai to Pattaya - NSR same as yours - for a week or 2, do you know if I can keep it at the track - safely - perhaps with another guy who rents a 'garage' there?

Anyone you can put me in touch with there? How many laps or days to you put on your tires before changing them? Do you just ride your bike there?

Thanks,

Jeff Beck

Next Kawasaki MiniGP is scheduled to take place at the BRC on Saturday April 30th.

ShowPow has not yet confirmed the next Pirelli Track Day.

My leathers got a bit torn up when I crashed on Monday- dropped them for repairs today but alas they won't be ready until after Songkran... :(

dam_n... Guess no track days for me until I get my leathers back.

Ride On!

Tony

Picture-017_resizeSSR.jpg