Work Permit Cancelation

Hi all,

Due to health issues I have to unfortanely have to resign fron the firm I work for in Pattaya. i have a work permit and a non cat B visa I have been told that I must cancel the wp and will have to do that at the Labour office in Choburi. I am also told that I need a tor 10 and then i can apply for my retriment visa, i have a pension of 75.000 baht a month so " shouldnt" be a problem. I apparently need a letter fron the british consulate confirming my pension rights.. Can anybody confirm all of the above ?

cheers all

Paul

Are you on a 90 day visa stay or an extension of stay from Immigration? If extension of stay for work you must leave country within 24 hours of work ending or extend again.

For retirement extension you would require a letter from your Embassy confirming your retirement income. I have no idea what a tor 10 is (but perhaps something to do with returned work permit to allow change of extension)? It is not something required for normal retirement extension.

Yes, you need to cancel your work permit and get a form from the labour office confirming you have canceleld your WP to give to immigration. That is if you are on a 1 year extension of stay based on employement, (not if you are on a 90 day visa entry. In that case you don't need to go to immigration, till you current permisison to stay ends).

I asume you eman you are on 1 year extension of stay absed on employement, in that case you go to immirgation after having visited the labour office. Immigration will then cancel your permissiont to stay and at that moment you can apply for a permission to stay based on retirement. if your incoem is from abroad, you will indeed need a letter from the consul confirming your income. if it is from within Tailand, yu proof it with tax documents.

If you cannot arrange it all within 1 day, you can get a 7 day "extension" from immigration for 1,900 baht to get your paperwork in order.

I asume you eman you are on 1 year extension of stay absed on employement, in that case you go to immirgation after having visited the labour office. Immigration will then cancel your permissiont to stay and at that moment you can apply for a permission to stay based on retirement. if your incoem is from abroad, you will indeed need a letter from the consul confirming your income. if it is from within Tailand, yu proof it with tax documents.

If you cannot arrange it all within 1 day, you can get a 7 day "extension" from immigration for 1,900 baht to get your paperwork in order.

of course for the first year could also show THB 800k in a bank account and not have to run around getting letters and/or tax documents

The Tor Tor 10 form is the receipt from the Labor Department showing that you have cancelled your work permit. Make sure that you get it. When I changed jobs I didn't have one and it was a 1000 kilometer trip back to the old labor office to get it before they would extend my visa.

Why on earth an employee should have to pay for a work permit?!?

Local goverment offices where I live asked me to do some part time work for them,hours and wages have been ageed but now they say that they want me to pay for the work permit,I am not happy with this and might tell to stick it.How much is a work permit?.

The Tor Tor 10 form is the receipt from the Labor Department showing that you have cancelled your work permit. Make sure that you get it. When I changed jobs I didn't have one and it was a 1000 kilometer trip back to the old labor office to get it before they would extend my visa.

hi,

thanks for the reply, can i just turn up in person at the labour office or does my employer have to be there ?

regards

Paul

of course for the first year could also show THB 800k in a bank account and not have to run around getting letters and/or tax documents

I wish I had that in the bank !!