Retirement Visa (Extension) Question..Again

I asked this question before but another reply to essentially the same question has confused me.

Here is my situation.

I originally had a 1 year multi-entry non O which I used to enter Thailand. That expired in October 2011.

Before it expired I applied for and recieved a retirement "visa"...actually an extension of stay based on retirement...correct?

I have done a 90 day reporting since that time...and my next reporting is due in March.

Now, I want to take a short trip to Singapore in February. I know I will need an exit re-entry permit. No problem there.

My specific question is regarding my visa...which as I said shows it expired in October 2011.

It was my understanding that as long as I am here on that retirement extension that visa is no longer important.

If I leave for that trip to Singapore, with a valid exit re-entry permit and have that retirement extension/visa in my passport...will I be considered as being on overstay or not at that time by immigration when i exit Thailand?

I asked this question before and I understood the answer as being that I would NOT be on overstay...because I had that retirement extension.

What is confusing me specifically is that the piece of paper stapled in my passport from my last 90 day reporting says clearly, "This is not an extension of stay"...but also tells me to return again on (date stamped) March.

It would make me rather unhappy to get to the airport and be told that i had been on overstay since October../because I assumed I was here legally due to that extension.

So please reassure me....as I am here on a retirement visa...and I'm doing my reporting...even though my original visa has expired...I am NOT on overstay.

All they will be interested in is the expiry date of your extention to stay, they probably will not look at your report form - I don't even present mine.

When you return use the info on your re-entry permit not on the extention, if they don't spot the re-entry permit, they will just give you 30 days.

All they will be interested in is the expiry date of your extention to stay, they probably will not look at your report form - I don't even present mine.

When you return use the info on your re-entry permit not on the extention, if they don't spot the re-entry permit, they will just give you 30 days.

===================

Thanks....that's what I wanted to know. I thought that would be the case, but if I had to pay at the airport I would have been p-ssed off....and I don't need any more high blood pressure problems.

Equanimity...evenness or quiet and unperturbed "right action"...is a Buddhist virtue, and I'm trying to learn it.

Hopefully, sometime I will.

licklips.gif

the criteria for a retirement visa is you must have a non-o first,my non-o expired 6 years ago,but they still transfered in to my new passport,just to prove i suppose you met the imm rules,as long as you have a re-entry permit in force,happy days.