What Is The Delivery Time For A New Car, Not Suv, Not Pickup

khunphil

Hi everybody,

I am now thinking about buying a new car. I read a lot about Toyota, Honda delivery time 3 months to 9 months. So what brand-name are less affected by flood or tsunami ?

Is it possible to buy one for next month ?

I am not interested about expensive car, not too demanding about colour or style, but only for a family car, small to medium, no problem.

If you have some information, let me know.

Thanks

Philip

Well ... I checked, at least in Chiangmai. KIA Picanto, 2 or 4 weeks, depending on colours, for AT, not MT. Full option price is 497.000 and 73 rebate from government in 1 year.

Nissan Almera / March : between 4 and 5-6 months minimum

Picanto looks good, got a test drive, nice small car, but no ABS no Airbags... I think good for city drive and short drive. Really smooth driving, smooth engine.

Almera looks really spacious ,,, didnt test drive.

Just writing here if anyone was interested to know.

I need to check Honda and Mazda for delivery time (Brio / Mazda2)

Philippe

Almera looked quite spacious especially for the class, saw a few on the road. thats a pretty long waiting time, have you checked the ford fiesta? with the KIA or any car (esp smaller) dont think id give front airbags a miss to be honest.

Well ... I checked, at least in Chiangmai. KIA Picanto, 2 or 4 weeks, depending on colours, for AT, not MT. Full option price is 497.000 and 73 rebate from government in 1 year.

Nissan Almera / March : between 4 and 5-6 months minimum

Picanto looks good, got a test drive, nice small car, but no ABS no Airbags... I think good for city drive and short drive. Really smooth driving, smooth engine.

Almera looks really spacious ,,, didnt test drive.

Just writing here if anyone was interested to know.

I need to check Honda and Mazda for delivery time (Brio / Mazda2)

Philippe

Ummm how are you getting the rebate on the Kia it's not Thai made and that is mandatory for the rebate.. I would check the truth of that offer if i were you.

Also the Nissan's and Mazda's are instock available to sell here in Nakhon Pathom and they definitely get the rebate.

My next check will be Mazda 2.

I love the look/style. More expensive, but more rebate from the government compare to Picanto (100,000 instead of 73000).

Fiesta ... I dont really like it, and if I say no mistake, a little bit pricy.

Yes the Kia looks a good choice for a nice small car, even with not top security features (it comes with 7 Airbags in Europe ;-) )

Thanks for comments.

PS : KIA / 25% down payment / no guaranty needed.

My next check will be Mazda 2.

I love the look/style. More expensive, but more rebate from the government compare to Picanto (100,000 instead of 73000).

Fiesta ... I dont really like it, and if I say no mistake, a little bit pricy.

Yes the Kia looks a good choice for a nice small car, even with not top security features (it comes with 7 Airbags in Europe ;-) )

Thanks for comments.

PS : KIA / 25% down payment / no guaranty needed.

phil is the kia the NEW model here..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Picanto

also if it is not made in Thailand it DOES NOT GET the rebate from the government (unless things have changed)

phil is the kia the NEW model here..http://en.wikipedia....iki/Kia_Picanto

also if it is not made in Thailand it DOES NOT GET the rebate from the government (unless things have changed)

Well this is this one : http://www.topspeed....ture396346.html

.. except I did not remember the front light against the fog (sorry for my bad English). It has air-con and heater (I did not try it be he told me and I saw it)

In Thailand, they make the seats, the tires ;-) and some part of the body .. and yes there is the rebate (see attachment).

Philippe

Ummm how are you getting the rebate on the Kia it's not Thai made and that is mandatory for the rebate.. I would check the truth of that offer if i were you.

Also the Nissan's and Mazda's are instock available to sell here in Nakhon Pathom and they definitely get the rebate.

Well they confirm to me, and show me the from to fill in but I will double check for sure.

Nakhon Pathom is far from Chiangmai ... but interesting to know they have the March in stock ... this is the first time I can hear this news for long long time.

Philippe

Well they confirm to me, and show me the from to fill in but I will double check for sure.

Nakhon Pathom is far from Chiangmai ... but interesting to know they have the March in stock ... this is the first time I can hear this news for long long time.

Philippe

OK looks like Kia did some leg work to get their 'KOREAN 'car made in THailand...I wonder how much it cost thembiggrin.png

Honda at Ekkamai quoted me Feb for delivery of Japan made Jazz, City and Civic... But most likely at prices that are around 10% due to shipping, etc... No free road insurance anymore as well. For Thai made versions, they mentioned another 6 months or so.

CRVs and Accords are in stock though.

Mazda 2/3 sport & Sedan in stock in Nakhon Sawan

Mazda2 Elegance in Chiangmai-Mahidol, delivery one month (any color) to 2 months (for white model). Not that long but of course, I would like the white one. At those price, we getting close to the VIOS AT J by the way.

I tried to call Nakhon Sawan for check but busy sales rep on phone. Around Chiangmai, if anybody know another good Mazda dealer, I will give a call. Maybe we should have a look at Lamphun...

Philippe

Mazda 2/3 sport & Sedan in stock in Nakhon Sawan

Mazda2 Elegance in Chiangmai-Mahidol, delivery one month (any color) to 2 months (for white model). Not that long but of course, I would like the white one. At those price, we getting close to the VIOS AT J by the way.

I tried to call Nakhon Sawan for check but busy sales rep on phone. Around Chiangmai, if anybody know another good Mazda dealer, I will give a call. Maybe we should have a look at Lamphun...

Philippe

The delivery times you've been quoted sound about right/normal - if you want/need a car sooner than that, my suggestion would be to call Mazda head office and ask them to try and locate a dealer that has the model/color you're after in-stock.

The delivery times you've been quoted sound about right/normal - if you want/need a car sooner than that, my suggestion would be to call Mazda head office and ask them to try and locate a dealer that has the model/colour you're after in-stock.

Exactly, we went to see the Mazda Elegance, really nice car and many accessories included compared to Vios. Dealer was already offering some freebies as rear sensor, tint glass, etc... and we went only to have a look. Another dealer told me to let my number, the day I am decided to buy then she will try to find a car faster.

Actually, this is more or less 2 to 3 months, depending on the colour.

Next step, discussing pricing and credit as I would like Madam to put on her name so we can have the rebate 100,000 Bht. But her salary is sure not enough for this, so we will have to find a way on how to handle it.

Philippe

PS : after reading a lot about KIA after-sales, and sadly as I really love the small K1 Picanto, I decided to deal with a serious brand-name.

Edited by khunphil

The delivery times you've been quoted sound about right/normal - if you want/need a car sooner than that, my suggestion would be to call Mazda head office and ask them to try and locate a dealer that has the model/colour you're after in-stock.

Exactly, we went to see the Mazda Elegance, really nice car and many accessories included compared to Vios. Dealer was already offering some freebies as rear sensor, tint glass, etc... and we went only to have a look. Another dealer told me to let my number, the day I am decided to buy then she will try to find a car faster.

Next step, discussing pricing and credit as I would like Madam to put on her name so we can have the rebate 100,000 Bht. But her salary is sure not enough for this, so we will have to find a way on how to handle it.

Philippe

PS : after reading a lot about KIA after-sales, and sadly as I really love the small K1 Picanto, I decided to deal with a serious brand-name.

If you feel you could qualify for finance, all "Madam" needs is to be married to you (same surname) and your signature as guarantor, and you'll be golden to get both the finance and the rebate in her name.

I'm curious though - you've mentioned the VIOS J a couple of times now - what delivery time have you been quoted for it? I can't for the life of me imagine that it could *actually* be delivered any faster than a Mazda2 ?!?

Also, it appears you're in Chinagmai (if I recall your posts correctly), in which case I'd recommend calling Toyota in both Chiangrai and Phrae for a potentially better deal, if the VIOS is the way you decide to go... (All toyota Dealers in CNX are the same company [Niyom], and the deals they offer are infamously poor).

;)

If you feel you could qualify for finance, all "Madam" needs is to be married to you (same surname) and your signature as guarantor, and you'll be golden to get both the finance and the rebate in her name.

Being married is enough, you don't need to have the same surname.

Being married is enough, you don't need to have the same surname.

True, but that's going to be a complication, as it's against all expectations in this country.

True, but that's going to be a complication, as it's against all expectations in this country.

I don't see why there should be a complication. We've never had any problem with cars or house. It's not required for women to change their surname after getting married and many don't.

I'm curious though - you've mentioned the VIOS J a couple of times now - what delivery time have you been quoted for it? I can't for the life of me imagine that it could *actually* be delivered any faster than a Mazda2 ?!?

Also, it appears you're in Chinagmai (if I recall your posts correctly), in which case I'd recommend calling Toyota in both Chiangrai and Phrae for a potentially better deal, if the VIOS is the way you decide to go... (All toyota Dealers in CNX are the same company [Niyom], and the deals they offer are infamously poor).

wink.png

Vios is minimum 3 months delivery, but I did not investigate more, as I know this car well (company car), and it is more expensive than Mazda2, for less options. Except this, nice car to drive, with no mechanical problem for 150,000 km !

Philippe

Philippe

wink.png

How can a foreign spouse of a Thai citizen be a secure guarantee for a Thai finance company?

Philippe

Do anybody know the rools when come to buy the car with downpay and the rest on credit? Can a foreigner pay the downpay and let the rest be in the woman's name? And finally; When we get back the taxmoney after one year,- do we have to use the woman's bank account number? Or can I use my own?

Do anybody know the rools when come to buy the car with downpay and the rest on credit? Can a foreigner pay the downpay and let the rest be in the woman's name? And finally; When we get back the taxmoney after one year,- do we have to use the woman's bank account number? Or can I use my own?

If the finance is in the woman's name, the car is in the woman's name, and so it the tax rebate. In this scenario, the only thing the foreigner gets is the liability to make the repayments (in being the guarantor).

If the finance is in the woman's name, the car is in the woman's name, and so it the tax rebate. In this scenario, the only thing the foreigner gets is the liability to make the repayments (in being the guarantor).

and the woman can sign the transfer forms to make foreigner carowner when paid. If ID card is valid this long and she does not take off with car. Until you see your name in reg book and have the car, its her car for your money. Its called a gift

my b.i.l.just bought a new mazda elegance base model,from the doors to the front look ok.but the back end has an enormous boot which put me off staight away.i am interested in the toyota vios trd sportivo,also the new mazda2 sports [spirit]1.5,is the new mazda2 bigger than last years model,its slightly longer than the jazz at 3913mm.but not so high1485mm.