Assist Thai Visa Services

M71

I used them for my first Retirement Visa extension...

They made it a 10 minute process - No need to even collect a que ticket!

Worth every penny...

I knew there was a reason I feel no sympathy for the supposedly 'overworked' immigration officers.

I'm hoping for more replies. I dislike traveling and can use the saved time for projects here. My double entry tourist visa + extension expires Jan. 29.

What you are trying to do is to send your passport with an agent to get a visa outside of Thailand. This would be illegal as far as I know. You must in person leave Thailand when your visa expires. Fell free to correct me if I'm wrong.

And as you say, you could use the saved time for "projects". This is exactly why they are reluctant to hand out more than 2 or 3 tourist visas, as they may think you are working in Thailand.

Edited by Semper

I'm hoping for more replies. I dislike traveling and can use the saved time for projects here. My double entry tourist visa + extension expires Jan. 29.

Assist Thai Visa is not in the business of going out of the Country for visas...

They are a liaison between you and the LOCAL immigration office in Chiang Mai

Edited by sfokevin

I used them for my first Retirement Visa extension...

They made it a 10 minute process - No need to even collect a que ticket!

Worth every penny...

That's what I hoping to get - an answer from somebody who has used them before.

I work here and don't have time to be running off on hit or miss "visa runs" based of unreliable information.

Thanks sfokevin!

I used them for my marriage visa, only went to immigration for less than 20 minutes during the entire process. Perfect service. 5,000thb (plus standard visa fee's) and well worth it. Reece is a nice guy too and helps with plenty of advice and knowledge.

Edited by thaimiller

Assist Thai Visa is not in the business of going out of the Country for visas...

Good to know. I will use them when I apply for a retirement via.

All they will do is liaison with the immigration people for you. Most of the time it takes to get a retirement visa you will have to do yourself.

Like get a medical check up and verification of income from your bank or Embassy. For your initial visa you will still have to make a appearance at the immigration office. 90 days you can mail in or they can go in and get them for you.. Plus they will fill out the one page application form and get you all the needed copies and photographs. Those you can get yourself at the immigration office just go to the back of the building and tell them what you are getting and give them your passport to copy and they have a camera right there to take your picture.

Not sure about renewing it yearly. I think you still have to go in for that.

I did my 90 day reporting in Mukdahan yesterday.

Only customer, they where pleased to see me.

The gent was ex Chiang Mai Immigration and we had a pleasant chat on CM and where I lived.

Without doubt the nicest and most cheerful Immigration Police I have met in over 30 years.

john

I use them for 90 day reporting - worth EVERY satang! 2,000 baht for 4 times. Why go queue for 500 baht a shot?

This is their November ad in City Life.....seems you're paying double the price!! unsure.png

If you are sick of having to go to immigration for your 90 day reports, let Assist Thai Visa handle it for you. We charge 1000 baht for the year(4 reports), and we only need a copy of your passport not the original!

If you want an easy hassle free approach to 90 day reporting please call or visit our website www.assistthaivisa.com which has all our contact details.

Edited by uptheos

I use them for 90 day reporting - worth EVERY satang! 2,000 baht for 4 times. Why go queue for 500 baht a shot?

udonguy: do they do it all for you or did you have to go to Immigration with them?

they do it ALL - sorry it's 1,000 not 2,000 my typo. They then send a colour scan of the slip which i cut out and attach to my passport

This is their November ad in City Life.....seems you're paying double the price!! unsure.png

If you are sick of having to go to immigration for your 90 day reports, let Assist Thai Visa handle it for you. We charge 1000 baht for the year(4 reports), and we only need a copy of your passport not the original!

If you want an easy hassle free approach to 90 day reporting please call or visit our website www.assistthaivisa.com which has all our contact details.

my mistake sorry

udonguy: do they do it all for you or did you have to go to Immigration with them?

they do it ALL - sorry it's 1,000 not 2,000 my typo. They then send a colour scan of the slip which i cut out and attach to my passport

Plus 500 a shot is a typo. wink.png

All they will do is liaison with the immigration people for you. Most of the time it takes to get a retirement visa you will have to do yourself.

Like get a medical check up and verification of income from your bank or Embassy. For your initial visa you will still have to make a appearance at the immigration office. 90 days you can mail in or they can go in and get them for you.. Plus they will fill out the one page application form and get you all the needed copies and photographs. Those you can get yourself at the immigration office just go to the back of the building and tell them what you are getting and give them your passport to copy and they have a camera right there to take your picture.

Not sure about renewing it yearly. I think you still have to go in for that.

HelloDolly -- you don't need a medical check to do a 12-month extension for an "O" or "O-A" visa at Thai immigration. The only medical check that I know of it the one required to obtain an "O-A" visa in your home country.

But otherwise, I agree with your post. It's very easy to maintain your own visa. I can understand how some people might want to use a visa agent for the initial application, if they're new to Thailand and not comfortable with the teaming mass of humanity at the local Immigration office. But, once you're done a few 90 day reports yourself, you begin to understand the place and build up your confidence to handle your own 12-month extension.

Of course, some people may have limitations -- physical, mental or with availability of their time -- where it makes sense to use a visa agent for every interaction with the Immigration office. To answer the OP's question -- Assist Thai Visa has a very good reputation. I haven't used them personally, but know others who have.

I used them for my marriage visa, only went to immigration for less than 20 minutes during the entire process. Perfect service. 5,000thb (plus standard visa fee's) and well worth it. Reece is a nice guy too and helps with plenty of advice and knowledge.

Wow, 5000 baht!

I`d be willing to do the service for you for half that amount.

Last week I visited Immigration for my retirement visa extension, already booked online, walked in, handed my cue number to an officer, within 4 minutes I was called in, 10 minutes later all done and completed.

So what`s the benefit of using an agency?

Wow, 5000 baht!

Last week I visited Immigration for my retirement visa extension, already booked online, walked in, handed my cue number to an officer, within 4 minutes I was called in, 10 minutes later all done and completed.

Some of us (me included) are homebody's. I will do anything to avoid going almost anywhere unless it is to a place I really want to go (golf course, my favorite bar, to the music studio, etc.) Even if you are in and out in 15 minutes, an hour of your day is wasted when you could have been doing something much more engaging. That's the benefit as I see it. It also disturbs me to see some of the characters there, but I'm getting use to it. I can't wait to turn 50.

Wow, 5000 baht!

Yes, exactly my thoughts. 5,000 baht is a lot of money to me, I have always dealt in person with every branch of Thai government , I enjoy the experience (and the challenge) and the fact that I only pay the actual fees. Oh well, that's just me.

Wow, 5000 baht!

In thaimillers case, non whatsoever as he had to go to the Immigration albeit he paid for the service.

Wow, 5000 baht!

In thaimillers case, non whatsoever as he had to go to the Immigration albeit he paid for the service.

Like I say I was there for 20 minutes and to me that is almost perfect (perfect would be not having to go admittedly), I didn't have to get a ticket, I just arrived and met the assist staff signed some papers outside, walked inside behind the counter and then signed 1 form in front of the immigration lady inside. Has you know with a marriage extension you usually get a month, then at the end of that month they give you the rest of the year, which means having to go back to immigration again to get the remainder of the year, with this service you don't have to go again, Reece and his staff go for you and you just pick up your passport the next day from his office. They even did my 90 report while they were there. I know people circumstances are different but 5000thb is not a lot of money for me, in fact I would lose more in lost revenue if I had to go to immigration on 2-3 occasions.

Edited by thaimiller