Anyone Interested In Starting A Beer And Wine Making Club?

stevehaigh

i make beer and wine at home and was thinking if other people are interested, it would be cool to get together, sample brews, share ideas, etc?

anyone interested?

and lets not get into the legality of it questions, so long as you are not selling anything, its ok to make and drink your own beer and wine in thailand in small quantities.

also, don't bother telling me there are no ingredients in thailand, there is a wine making supply shop in Bangkok and you can get anything you need on ebay and some uk sellers. but the fun part is working out creative ways to use local ingredients.

steve

local malted barley supplier?

that's the hard one, i use DME at the moment but the postage makes it expensive, i'm intereseted to try local barley but that's a project for down the road

the shop in bangkok is called lek11, look it up

Sounds interesting, you can make wine out of all sorts of things

not just grapes, i have make wine from lemons and Kiwi fruit

passion fruit wine is awesom

but the point of this post was to find like minded boozers to share ideas and tastings, please PM me if interested

Edited by stevehaigh

but the point of this post was to find like minded boozers to share ideas and tastings, please PM me if interested

Very strange, I asked a question re making wine on TV a few months back and it was pulled by the moderators as an illegal activity. That being in the past please tell me how you cope with the high temperature in Thailand for wine making? I understand that yeast dies at 92 F.

Steve, can you post a recipe for that passion fruit wine, sounds great.

Very strange, I asked a question re making wine on TV a few months back and it was pulled by the moderators as an illegal activity. That being in the past please tell me how you cope with the high temperature in Thailand for wine making? I understand that yeast dies at 92 F.

It is an illegal activity.I got into serious trouble many years back.It is a long story. I only made it for my own use {and my friends) . I would be very careful if I were you.

It is an illegal activity.I got into serious trouble many years back.It is a long story. I only made it for my own use {and my friends) . I would be very careful if I were you.

I suspect this is an illegal activity. I'll seek advise. For now this topic is closed.

//update - yes beer/wine making in Thailand needs a licence, even for own use consumption. This topic remains closed. Discussed here ...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/393027-brewing-and-distilling-at-home/