Sukhumvit Beggar/scammer Revisited

The Dude

But you must admit these people have to have the gift of the gab to be able to scam in the first place? If they have been doing it for months or years? You have to give it to them - they know how to lay it on - I know i couldn't do it - not once. But that does not mean that i support them in any way. Just that it must take alot of b-alls to have the b-alls to do it and over and over again.. Especially in a foreign country miles away from mummy's house.. and where everybody sees them and recognises them.. They just have to remember faces, that way they cannot ask the same person twice or three or whatever times for money or clothes etc. They seem, to me, a very naive brood of beggars.

But you must admit these people have to have the gift of the gab to be able to scam in the first place?  If they have been doing it for months or years?  You have to give it to them - they know how to lay it on - I know i couldn't do it - not once.  But that does not mean that i support them in any way.  Just that it must take alot of b-alls to have the b-alls to do it and over and over again.. Especially in a foreign country miles away from mummy's house.. and where everybody sees them and recognises them..  They just have to remember faces, that way they cannot ask the same person twice or three or whatever times for money or clothes etc.  They seem, to me, a very naive brood of beggars.

Its gotta take a bit of balls at first but I bet after a few times on it they find it pretty easy. I imagine they dont have problems with same faces all the time coz I expect its quite easy to hang around places like hotels and spot the new tourists and hit on them. I bet some of them do alright cash really, few good hits might net 2k, thats 60k a month.

I've never been approached by one yet, but looking forward to it, just gonna wind the dude up. :o

Edited by bkkmadness

Sukhumvit beggar saga continued tonite as I walked to the same 7/11 where I confronted the loser a few nights ago, I noticed 3 dudes having a discussion; as I passed by I heard my name called, it was the dude that I had warned about the beggar on the said night. "hey dude" the guy said. He had remembered my name cause we had hung out and had a few brews the night of the incident. He continued, "that scammer guy was back feeding these 2 guys a line about needing some cash". This guy was pretty riled up now knowing full out what the scammer was all about. I was proud of him for warning new potential scamees. Clearly it rubs off. One of the new scamees said that the scammer seemed like a nice likeable guy who was down on his luck. I guess that's how the scammer come off to some people. Oh and also on this occasion the scammer was lugging around several shopping bags as though he had been on some kind of shopping spree. The nerve of this hosebag. The Dude (me) handed out a shovel to all 3 dudes who rebuffed the scammer's attempts to extort cash; this way they can dig not supporting this behavior

This goatie guy hangs around nana hotel lobby after hours approaching people for 100 for taxi fare.

Looks like a serial killer.

That's a good point, El Tel, this is a scary looking mfer. I think that caution should be used if anyone confronts or is confronted by said MFer. I will say that the dude who did the warning to the new potential scammees said that this MFer was grabbing his arm as he exposed him. Be wary of him, I'm sure he's perturbed that 2 people in less than a week have spotted him and stepped in to stop his BS. He made a reference to me about what a nice guy he was and that someone else might clock me.

Oh and about this pic I have of him; I am fortunate to have this in The Dude's Sukhumvit pic archives. The pics in this archive were taken during the month of May when a friend of mine was in town for a few weeks and we snapped a few hundred pics over the course of several nights. I snapped this scammer pic myself not knowing that this dude was a beggar (I found that out a month later), I just had seen this fool before and knew he was a really strange MFer. I had seen him around several times acting odd. He has a wicked case of the shakes like he may be a drug addict or something. Beware. Oh and thank you eddie and prof fart, it is my pleasure to try and warn as many people about this guy as possible. What he is doing just aint right. highly undiggable

post-17985-1133573576_thumb.jpg

We don't need a picture gallery of these leeches....

Everyone should JUST SAY NO.

Okay. I'm a heartless b.....

Got ripped off by someone in Connecticut once. Came out of a bar late one night and he said he needed $20 to get his car out of the pound. I gave up the dosh, even went to the ATM to get it, and he said he'd leave it at my hotel nearby the next day. Within the hour I've lost my feeling of goodwill and realise I've been scammed - and then the dude actually calls me at the hotel asking me for another $20.....

There is a new scam in town...

They are working as a team: One of them asks tourists, packed in a hard- luck story, for money, if the victim don't believe or not give some money, the Du.. aah.. partner will appear on the scene and scare the other away accusing him to be a scammer.

The victim, happy to meet a new friend is very willing to take the offer from the safer to let him show the real nightlife of BKK... allways good for a few beers :o

Patex

There is a new scam in town...

They are working as a team: One of them asks tourists, packed in a hard- luck story, for money, if the victim don't believe or not give some money, the Du.. aah.. partner will appear on the scene and scare the other away accusing him to be a scammer.

The victim, happy to meet a new friend is very willing to take the offer from the safer to let him show the real nightlife of BKK... allways good for a  few beers  :o

Patex

roflmao not, hey Playtex, you're a funny MFer, I mean you're really a card

Edited by The Dude

• 4 weeks later...

I think I saw this guy last night at Sala Daeng station begging for cash. Didn't read the full sign he had in front of him, but the gyst was that need Bt5,000. Sad thing was my wife almost gave him cash, just because he was foreigner and she wants him to have good impression of Thais :o

I bet some of them do alright cash really, few good hits might net 2k, thats 60k a month.

Well since from Canada does he not have to show an income of 60,000 baht a month to get the Work Permit renewed. The profession is not on the fobidden list. :D:o

I have seen people doing much worse by stooping to things that you would not want to hear about. There is a lot of lowlife in this lovely part of the world and will leave it at that.

I posted a pic of this character in another thread about a different beggar a few weeks ago. I had told a story about this Sukhumvit farang ghetto beggar/scam artist. I had seen this person around Sukhumvit for a few years when in june he sits down at a street table and starts telling my tourist friend some elaborate story about how he has a plane ticket but no departure tax cash. My friend saw holes in the story and called him on it and pissing off the wacko who buggered off.

OK so last night as I was walking into the Soi 3 7/11 near the Nana crossing and just as I'm about to go inside the store I realize that the beggar dude is standing in front of the table where books are sold in front of the 7/11. He is talking with a 20ish English chap. I decide that I will listen in for a bit and see what the discussion is all about. Sure enough I hear the words "need 500 baht for departure tax" come out as part of some elaborate story. The Dude (me) at this point intervenes and tells the Brit that the said beggar/scammer has pulled this be4. The scam dude claimed that he never ever did that be4 and that his story was genuine. This dude is looking mighty frail these days also. Not that it matters but that dude say he is Canadian.

I bet he is a member of Thaivisa :o

I posted a pic of this character in another thread about a different beggar a few weeks ago. I had told a story about this Sukhumvit farang ghetto beggar/scam artist. I had seen this person around Sukhumvit for a few years when in june he sits down at a street table and starts telling my tourist friend some elaborate story about how he has a plane ticket but no departure tax cash. My friend saw holes in the story and called him on it and pissing off the wacko who buggered off.

OK so last night as I was walking into the Soi 3 7/11 near the Nana crossing and just as I'm about to go inside the store I realize that the beggar dude is standing in front of the table where books are sold in front of the 7/11. He is talking with a 20ish English chap. I decide that I will listen in for a bit and see what the discussion is all about. Sure enough I hear the words "need 500 baht for departure tax" come out as part of some elaborate story. The Dude (me) at this point intervenes and tells the Brit that the said beggar/scammer has pulled this be4. The scam dude claimed that he never ever did that be4 and that his story was genuine. This dude is looking mighty frail these days also. Not that it matters but that dude say he is Canadian.

When i saw the picture I thought looks like a ponce who approached me down by soi 8ish in around september, the guy asked me for the 500 baht for airport tax,, I told him then to do one, Unreal he is at it 24/7,, good one for informing every one dude,,, dig on