Two Russian Street-Racers Blamed For Late Night Road Crash Close To Pattaya

Rimmer

Two Russian street-racers blamed for late night road crash close to Pattaya

09_01_55_2_3.jpg

PATTAYA:-- Seven people, including two Russians were injured following a road accident in the Plu Ta Luang area, just outside of Pattaya in the early hours of Sunday morning. Police and rescue workers were called to the scene of the crash involving two high-powered motorbikes driven by Mr. Denis Fatykhov aged 27 and Mr. Vadiv Shitchenko aged 26. Witnesses claimed the two men were driving at a high rate of speed and appeared to be racing each-other when they collided with the motorbike and side-car of Khun Permpon aged 32 who was with his wife and three children and were returning home. One of the children aged 13 was seriously injured and rushed to the Queen Sirigit Hospital. The other children and four adults were later taken to Hospital suffering from a variety of minor injuries including cuts and bruises.

Full story and pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-01-09

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

When will they stop renting these bikes to tourists ,they are a bloody menace

The day after they stop scamming people with Jet Skis.

A few weeks ago I saw 3 step through scooters and a big powerful bike like the one pictured hairing through Jomtien past the Rompho Market on the new 2nd road. I would hazard a guess at max throttle for them all. The riders were obviously young Africans. Mid 20's ?

Sadly as we can all see in the news article, They do not just kill and maim themselves, poor innocent individuals are sentenced to a life of crippled misery because of these senseless, reckless morons.

A pox on all people that behave in this manner on any roads anywhere on the planet.

When will they stop renting these bikes to tourists ,they are a bloody menace ,i hope that they fine them a massive amount and make them pay for the poor childs hospital bills and compensation ,then deport the idiots.

In this case I agree, but also many skilled bike riders come here and they should be allowed to rent whatever they want and enjoy their holiday.

Russian & Indians among others are not used to high powered bikes. The 2 Russians are very likely in for a huge bill, hospital and repair of bikes.

I hope the child will recover soon.

Edited by guzzi850m2

Many of those sidecars don't have lights. We don't know if that was the case here. They are up there as one of the most dangerous vehicles for other road users and are very often involved in accidents.

A full accident investigation will reveal all the facts. giggle.gif

Many of those sidecars don't have lights. We don't know if that was the case here. They are up there as one of the most dangerous vehicles for other road users and are very often involved in accidents.

A full accident investigation will reveal all the facts. giggle.gif

Will probably read Falang fault!!!!! Head straight to Prison and collect your fine as you pass GO.

Here is hoping for the maximum possible handed out here regardless if the side car had no lights the fact is these two clowns are guests in Thailand and should respect that. Hope all the Thai's involved are well and not seriously injured long term and pull through.

Would be good if there was better laws for renting these bikes.