New Kichen

IGCKorat

Does anyone have any experience of granite or marble worktops for a new kitchen? These would have to be custom made, and would have to accommodate the usual sink / hob etc. Any past experience would be much appreciated. Not saying exactly money is no object, but would like good quality and would very much like to work with a company who know what they are doing! Any recommendations in or around the Korat area?

Morning IGCK!

We are in the quarter-way process of our new [and second] house, in which we're also planning on a thin granite kitchen counter top covering an almost semi-circular area of about 10 metres.....

What I've already learned regarding custom-cut material of this sort might be to do some very diligent and careful searches as it applies to craftsmanship [if you know what I mean] and quality as you desire.

Though yet, we've not made any such commitments towards this part of the house - we know we will have to venture off and investigate the right folks for top-notch custom work.

If you find a satisfactory craftsman in Korat, by all means make it public here.

Edited by zzaa09

Morning IGCK!

We are in the quarter-way process of our new [and second] house, in which we're also planning on a thin granite kitchen counter top covering an almost semi-circular area of about 10 metres.....

What I've already learned regarding custom-cut material of this sort might be to do some very diligent and careful searches as it applies to craftsmanship [if you know what I mean] and quality as you desire.

Though yet, we've not made any such commitments towards this part of the house - we know we will have to venture off and investigate the right folks for top-notch custom work.

If you find a satisfactory craftsman in Korat, by all means make it public here.

Morning IGCK!

I can recommend a place in Surin zzaa09,about 1/2 - 1K up the road from IQ Modern Trades on the left hand side heading towards Lamdaun.My friend used him and I helped fit them .The guy came out to his house and measured up and they fitted like a glove .

I can recommend a place in Surin zzaa09,about 1/2 - 1K up the road from IQ Modern Trades on the left hand side heading towards Lamdaun.My friend used him and I helped fit them .The guy came out to his house and measured up and they fitted like a glove .

Thanks A...

I'll give them a look.happy.png

Their are plenty of people in Korat that can build a kitchen. We built a new house in 2010 and had a kitchen put in with granit counter tops. Total price including the granit was 44,000 Baht. We used the granit place in JOHO since that's where we live. The granit people come out and measure, cut and install the granit counter tops, after your kitchen is built.

Barry