Attn Yachties, Hunker Down This Weekend

steelepulse

According to windguru, there's to be some serious wind, waves and rain this weekend, especially Sunday with winds gusting up to 40 knots. Wind is supposed to be from the north, north west so Kata will probably be affected again as per King's Cup last year. http://www.windguru....ndex.php?sc=310

Edit, dam_n h key didn't work in topic title sad.png

Edited by LivinginKata
H inserted

Wind Guru are usually quite accurate also, though in my experience their forecasts of more than 48 hours can slide 24 hours or more either way (i.e. in this case, the worst of the weather could come either Saturday or Monday).

Wow, that was quite a revision, including the next couple of days. Impending storm must have veered away. The last two days have shown differing accounts of each other with Sunday saying next Sunday a big storm, then yesterday saying no big storm on Sunday. We'll see.

Wind Guru are usually quite accurate also, though in my experience their forecasts of more than 48 hours can slide 24 hours or more either way (i.e. in this case, the worst of the weather could come either Saturday or Monday).

many times i've seen big rain predicted 5-7 days out, only to end up with a dizzle.

windguru is amazingly accurate for 2-4 days out but after that, its more of a hint as to what might happen

my garden will be happy to see some rain

The garden loved the rain, grass was looking a bit dry up until now.

Funny, I put the sprinkler on last night and then it rained. The last time I put it on, it rained too. I had 3.3 CM in the past 24 at my house, I guess I won't need the sprinkler again for a little while...