Spell Checker No Longer Works

elektrified

Oddly enough it has just stopped working for me also. The only difference was upgrade yesterday from 8.0 to 9.0.1. Using terryq's suggestion in the linked topic above though did fix it.

"Had to reselect the dictionary. ie right click a word in the reply box. down to languages and click on required dictionary."

Oddly enough it has just stopped working for me also. The only difference was upgrade yesterday from 8.0 to 9.0.1. Using terryq's suggestion in the linked topic above though did fix it.

"Had to reselect the dictionary. ie right click a word in the reply box. down to languages and click on required dictionary."

Many thanks Tywais. My upgrade was several days ago and the spell checker worked fine until the other night...strange... I did try the tips in the other thread but I'll try it again.

On both my office and home machine spell check stopped working after the upgrade to FF 9.0.1. By doing what I posted above they both work now. Below shows the checker working and also by putting your mouse over any word and right click you will see the below popup. Make sure to check Languages > English/United States or Add Dictionaries if you prefer to get the British version.

post-566-0-05273600-1326274830_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...