Honda Crf 250L

RED21

What Kawasaki motorcycle can you buy at Red Baron for less than what Kawasaki, Thailand charges?

Answer: None

Red Baron doesn't import any of the Kawasaki models that are sold by Kawasaki, Thailand.

Kawasaki Thailand sellls the ZX14R for 850,000 THB, Red Baron Bangkok has the same bike (new) for 715,000 THB See here

Holy crap that's a big tampon on that bike....

I'm sure it's a great bike, but that thing is fugly!

At the risk of derailing the thread, I have read up on this bike and it's a great slingshot/drag bike. Really amazing numbers put down at the drag strip.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@SumetCycle - excellent info, thank you so much! That was my guess too.

As for Chiang Mai prices I just so happened to walk by a shop I'd never really noticed before, and they had a CRF on show. Price 234,000 includes a 200 baht helmet, a jacket (didn't see but I guess nothing special) and mandatory and accident insurance, and registration. The accident insurance brings it in pretty close to what I was going to pay, 130k. The very nice lady didn't want to go down to that, but theft insurance would be an additional 2,000 baht. I don't know why the insurance is so cheap - but I'll take it!

I am expecting a call with prices for nearly all the accessories. She asked me which one I liked and I went through the list and with one or two exceptions checked all of them ;)

The talk about the "promotion price" is just talk - it's a sales tactic. Nothing is stopping them from later offering another, even better "promotion". It's just supply and demand - wares need to be moved. Prices are always negotiable.

PS: I've got the feeling that ramp up for this bike is going to be really fast. All dealers that want it seem to already have one show model, and all of them say they have a couple coming next month. This is much better than was the case with the CBR250.

Nickster if your talking about the accessories listed on ap Honda website I would wait a while most of itlooks crap in my opinion , the sump guard there selling is a waste of time doesn't even protect the frame much better accessories will come available in the coming months

As for sales most of the Thais that have lookef at my bike have just found it to big for them ,they now have the klx 150 out in Kawasaki showrooms which obviously doesn't compare or compete with the crf but for Thais it's alot smaller and I can see a lot of the ksr crowd upgrading to these simply cause of it's size and price of 79,500 bht

P.S my gold coloured renthal bars should be arriving Friday think I try and take the head light off as well when I'm fitting them

Edited by taninthai

Hello again hehehoho/sTROLLing/Baand - good to see you back!!

Not sure about taking over the market, the CBR seems to be doing well in terms of sales, primarily due to it being somewhat underpriced here in LOS but it is in my opinion an inferior bike to the competition, if slightly better value in Thailand.

The CRF seems much more closely matched to the KLX, and unlike the CBR it's also a good looking bike and it's still a bit cheaper (not sure how much yet) than the KLX. In my opinion it's a much better offering than the CBR was - and yet I suspect it won't reach anything like the sales figures of the CBR, but then being the best selling bike and being the best bike are 2 completely different things.

As a Honda employee can you advise if they'll be bringing out a 650 to compete with the Kawi?

Seeing as how Honda managed to outsell ALL of Kawasaki's big bikes (7 or 8 models right?) with their 'inferior' 250cc bike, I'd imagine that if the CRF only had 1/4 of the sales that the CBR provided they could possibly do exactly what the GP is suggesting.

And as all reports in so far have the CRF as the better bike, isn't your statement that the CRF seems more closely matched to the KLX a bit...wrong? Isn't the KLX, which is an older model now, having to play catch-up to the Honda?

I do agree with you about Honda's layered look though! You can also get the CRF for 24K cheaper than the KLX if you don't mind the travel; would make a nice break in ride back home for many of the boardmembers.

The only reports I've seen so far are from a couple of trail rides with a brand new CRF and an older, modded KXF in Chiang Mai, I haven't seen any extensive reviews yet or any indications about the long term reliability of the Honda, so I'm afraid you might be letting the red tint on your glasses affect your judgement again. My feeling is that the Honda is going to prove to be the slightly better bike but I think you might be getting a bit excited when you say my comment that they are closely matched is wrong. I would say that they are obviously closely matched, but then I am able to judge the product based on the relative merits of each, rather than taking the biased approach from a self-confessed 'Honda whore' such as yourself smile.png .

In terms of sales, Honda could release pretty much anything in Thailand and the Thai's would lap it up as you well know. In other markets the sales are much more closely matched although as I would expect, the CBR is outselling the Ninja as it's a brand new model (the Ninja is 4 years old now) and gets better fuel economy which matters to a lot of people in this financial climate. But as I said earlier, sales figures have never been an indication of relative quality of product, why do you think you see more Honda Accord's on the road than C class Mercedes?

any indications about the long term reliability of the Honda

This is Thailand, when Thai people see a Honda they know the reliability... that some people think that the Honda CRF250L is better than the Kawasaki KLX250 is just a bonus... Most Thai people are Honda lovers, already Honda cannot keep production up with demand... meaning that for every KLX250 Honda sells probably 20 CRF250L's

Not sure about taking over the market, the CBR seems to be doing well in terms of sales, primarily due to it being somewhat underpriced here in LOS but it is in my opinion an inferior bike to the competition, if slightly better value in Thailand.

The CRF seems much more closely matched to the KLX, and unlike the CBR it's also a good looking bike and it's still a bit cheaper (not sure how much yet) than the KLX. In my opinion it's a much better offering than the CBR was - and yet I suspect it won't reach anything like the sales figures of the CBR, but then being the best selling bike and being the best bike are 2 completely different things.

As a Honda employee can you advise if they'll be bringing out a 650 to compete with the Kawi?

Seeing as how Honda managed to outsell ALL of Kawasaki's big bikes (7 or 8 models right?) with their 'inferior' 250cc bike, I'd imagine that if the CRF only had 1/4 of the sales that the CBR provided they could possibly do exactly what the GP is suggesting.

Considering that almost every Honda franchise sells the CBR250, i think it's not surprising that they have sold so many.

I can only think of two Big Bike (250cc+)Kawasaki dealers in Bangkok (Excluding Rama 9 HQ) :)

I have now way to back this up but my gut feeling is that you will never see these CRF's for cheaper than B135 000. That is their promotion price which is due to end today. If they sold them cheaper then that is a slap in the face to all the people who rushed out and bought them at this special price. It is already B18 000 cheaper than the competition.

If we're sharing gut feelings I'm going to go on a limb and state that we'll see 120K soon. All that it takes is getting out of the city and away from the apparent price fixing that Mityon (?) seems to be engaging in. You can already buy it for 130K in Nakhon Sawan.

Was in Sri Racha today, and on the way back to Patts, i stopped at the Honda dealer on the left (not far from Robinsons Superstore). They had 2 Reds and 2 Whites out on show.

The bike price was 139k + 1700 for the book/registration.

Insurance was 2500 for 1yr and 3500 for 2yrs.

They do finance, which was 32k down and 24mth payments of 6855.

I asked about laying down more, and an 80k down payment had a 24mth payment of 3995. They were willing to accept a copy of my house book as proof of financial status, and i could of driven one home.

(The reason im interested in finance etc is that my income comes from the UK, and i'd rather not blow all my Thai cash in one hit).

Not sure what to do now with some BM's predicting a drop at some stage in the basic price. I sat on one of those on show for the first time. Obviously standing still doesnt mean all, but i found the CRF very comfortable for my 6' 2" 115kilo lump, compared to the KLX. I will state that im a roady that prefers dirtbike style and handling and will only ever use the bike on light offroad terrain. Someone asked the other day why i wanted a dirtbike to use around Pattaya....i just pointed at the potholed <deleted> excuse for a road outside the cafe in Soi Chaiyapoon. I lost count of the number of holes and god-knows what i hit today on the major Sukumvit Road whilst on my girlie-bike. As a resident of the Darkside, every main road is a minefield of holes and sunken/raised drains.

My point is that regardless of all the chitchat on this forum about the off-road capabilities of this bike, i think it will be just as beneficial for use on the road.

Edited by StGeorge

This is Thailand, when Thai people see a Honda they know the reliability... that some people think that the Honda CRF250L is better than the Kawasaki KLX250 is just a bonus... Most Thai people are Honda lovers, already Honda cannot keep production up with demand... meaning that for every KLX250 Honda sells probably 20 CRF250L's

I would suggest that they assume reliability as opposed to 'know', as far as I know the CBR250 has quite a few issues compared to the rock solid Ninja. I would agree that this is the perception in Thailand though, and some farang forget their ability to think critically when they land in LOS for a few months as we have all seen. Others are paid to spam here on TV.

20 to 1 is also unlikely, unless the RRP turns out to be 110k. Hope it does, I like the CRF a lot, hopefully detuning that thumper engine a bit and putting it back where it belongs (in a dirt bike chassis) will fix the issues they had with the CBR. I'm guessing it will, that engine should have gone straight from the CRF250R to the CRF250L, the detour into the CBr 'sportsbike' was unfortunate.

I have now way to back this up but my gut feeling is that you will never see these CRF's for cheaper than B135 000. That is their promotion price which is due to end today. If they sold them cheaper then that is a slap in the face to all the people who rushed out and bought them at this special price. It is already B18 000 cheaper than the competition.

If we're sharing gut feelings I'm going to go on a limb and state that we'll see 120K soon. All that it takes is getting out of the city and away from the apparent price fixing that Mityon (?) seems to be engaging in. You can already buy it for 130K in Nakhon Sawan.

Was in Sri Racha today, and on the way back to Patts, i stopped at the Honda dealer on the left (not far from Robinsons Superstore). They had 2 Reds and 2 Whites out on show.

The bike price was 139k + 1700 for the book/registration.

Insurance was 2500 for 1yr and 3500 for 2yrs.

They do finance, which was 32k down and 24mth payments of 6855.

I asked about laying down more, and an 80k down payment had a 24mth payment of 3995. They were willing to accept a copy of my house book as proof of financial status, and i could of driven one home.

(The reason im interested in finance etc is that my income comes from the UK, and i'd rather not blow all my Thai cash in one hit).

Not sure what to do now with some BM's predicting a drop at some stage in the basic price. I sat on one of those on show for the first time. Obviously standing still doesnt mean all, but i found the CRF very comfortable for my 6' 2" 115kilo lump, compared to the KLX. I will state that im a roady that prefers dirtbike style and handling and will only ever use the bike on light offroad terrain. Someone asked the other day why i wanted a dirtbike to use around Pattaya....i just pointed at the potholed <deleted> excuse for a road outside the cafe in Soi Chaiyapoon. I lost count of the number of holes and god-knows what i hit today on the major Sukumvit Road whilst on my girlie-bike. As a resident of the Darkside, every main road is a minefield of holes and sunken/raised drains.

My point is that regardless of all the chitchat on this forum about the off-road capabilities of this bike, i think it will be just as beneficial for use on the road.

So 175,760 total

Rather you than me don't really know why you are worrying about prices then really, if your going to finance it your gonna pay over the odds anyway if ypu like it by it you only live once

Considering that almost every Honda franchise sells the CBR250, i think it's not surprising that they have sold so many.

I can only think of two Big Bike (250cc+)Kawasaki dealers in Bangkok (Excluding Rama 9 HQ) smile.png

thats it,other shops sell the old ksr 110cc and the small klx /dtrackers but apart from the two places ,i dont think you can buy from

anywhere esle

What Kawasaki motorcycle can you buy at Red Baron for less than what Kawasaki, Thailand charges?

Answer: None

Red Baron doesn't import any of the Kawasaki models that are sold by Kawasaki, Thailand.

Kawasaki Thailand sellls the ZX14R for 850,000 THB, Red Baron Bangkok has the same bike (new) for 715,000 THB See here

Kawasaki, Thailand does NOT sell the ZX14R in Thailand.

We MIGHT see it in the next year or so, but no guarantees. Oh, and the price shown at the Bangkok Motor Show was 790k Baht, not 850k...

For someone who claims to be in the mc biz you sure do get it wrong a lot...

I did post these on the other channels thread but in case you haven't gone there I also found these on a Brazilian site:

crf250lmotardforum.jpg

This one seems likely to be photoshopped but nice all the same.

crf250lmotardblackwhite.jpg

I punched in CRF250-L into ebay just for a giggle and this came up:

!B0LGNZg!2k~$(KGrHqR,!i!Ew5Gng6BZBMZJjoluZQ~~_35.JPG

But it then goes onto say it suits the CRF230-L.....At the price I will get one if it fits which it probably doesn't....I guess they will be available soon. A full system made locally will be about B5000....incl. power bomp header but this just looks great.

http://www.ebay.com/...814413734643352

In the meantime I reckon taninthai should pop the rivets off the end of his stock can and rip the guts out of it. smile.png Well, he is removing the headlight etc after all.

C'mon, don't be shy!

Edited by Bung

I would suggest that they assume reliability as opposed to 'know', as far as I know the CBR250 has quite a few issues compared to the rock solid Ninja. I would agree that this is the perception in Thailand though, and some farang forget their ability to think critically when they land in LOS for a few months as we have all seen. Others are paid to spam here on TV.

20 to 1 is also unlikely, unless the RRP turns out to be 110k. Hope it does, I like the CRF a lot, hopefully detuning that thumper engine a bit and putting it back where it belongs (in a dirt bike chassis) will fix the issues they had with the CBR. I'm guessing it will, that engine should have gone straight from the CRF250R to the CRF250L, the detour into the CBr 'sportsbike' was unfortunate.

Sumetcycle said somewhere that he did not have to honour 1 single warranty claim yet on the cbr250.

Can you please give us some examples of the cbr's problems that you know of .

Why is it many times i read your posts i hear biggbikebkk speaking

Sumetcycle said somewhere that he did not have to honour 1 single warranty claim yet on the cbr250.

Can you please give us some examples of the cbr's problems that you know of .

Why is it many times i read your posts i hear biggbikebkk speaking

How about the engine knocking on our very own CBR thread reported by multiple owners? Bikes sent back to Honda and they're unable to fix it. There's one for you. Anyway, this is getting off topic and I'm not here to bash the CBR, I'm hear to discuss what will possibly be my next bike but it's normal to hope that they've fixed some of these issues, whether you believe they exist or not.

But it then goes onto say it suits the CRF230-L.....At the price I will get one if it fits which it probably doesn't....I guess they will be available soon. A full system made locally will be about B5000....incl. power bomp header but this just looks great.

In the meantime I reckon taninthai should pop the rivets off the end of his stock can and rip the guts out of it. smile.png Well, he is removing the headlight etc after all.

C'mon, don't be shy!

Lol makin me laugh so early in the morning

The problem I have is I live in a national park and do alot of my riding on other peoples land coconut and rubber plantations etc so although I do want a complete whole new exhaust system I definitely do not want something that is to loud ,just a nice throuty rumble will do me so I will not be buying anything until I have heard the sound of it or other peoples opinions of it.

And just had phone call from kawa dealer to say my gear pedal is in ,the new kawa dealer in krabi seems on the ball only ordered it 36 hours ago and they are ringing me at 8.30 in the morning telling me it's there

In there lovely new showroom in krabi they had 2 baby ninjas,d tracker x 250,klx 250 ,klx150 and ksr compared to the old shop we had in krabi I had honestly seen better thai roadside shops seems kawa are trying to up there game in our province.

Edited by taninthai

Makes me wonder - Will Honda come up with a competitor for Kawasakis wildly popular KSR 110? Or the KLX 150 (125) etc for that matter? Have to hand it to Kawasaki, they had the guts to put out a range of bikes people want. Like the Fino, took Honda a couple of years to copy that.

C'mon, don't be shy!

Lol makin me laugh so early in the morning

The problem I have is I live in a national park and do alot of my riding on other peoples land coconut and rubber plantations etc so although I do want a complete whole new exhaust system I definitely do not want something that is to loud ,just a nice throuty rumble will do me so I will not be buying anything until I have heard the sound of it or other peoples opinions of it.

And just had phone call from kawa dealer to say my gear pedal is in ,the new kawa dealer in krabi seems on the ball only ordered it 36 hours ago and they are ringing me at 8.30 in the morning telling me it's there

In there lovely new showroom in krabi they had 2 baby ninjas,d tracker x 250,klx 250 ,klx150 and ksr compared to the old shop we had in krabi I had honestly seen better thai roadside shops seems kawa are trying to up there game in our province.

C'mon! The throaty rumble will make the coconuts fall out of the trees and the locals will be happy not having to send monkeys up to do it! There may even be a few baht in it (and some pissed off monkeys..)

FWIW we have 3 cbr 250's in the family and none have exprienced this "issues " that anti-honda posters are whining about

My honda dealer in pattanakarn hasnt had any problems

Sumet cycle says the ones they sold hasnt had any problems

I know a few others (thai and farangs ) who also are clocking up the km on cbr250's and they also ,hasnt had any problems

who makes up this bulshit about the cbr 250 ? i cant see anything better for 100k thb ,not even the ninja 250 for 60% more

money

FWIW we have 3 cbr 250's in the family and none have exprienced this "issues " that anti-honda posters are whining about

I know a few others (thai and farangs ) who also are clocking up the km on cbr250's and they also ,hasnt had any problems

who makes up this bulshit about the cbr 250 ? i cant see anything better for 100k thb ,not even the ninja 250 for 60% more

money

Your rant probably belongs in the CB'r' 250 thread. There are a number of reports in that thread from CB'r' 250 owners about the problems they experienced with their bikes. Most of them sold their bikes and moved on to something a bit more solid. I have absolutely nothing against Honda, though I think AP Honda in Thailand are quite clueless and inept. Honda makes some fantastic bikes. I've just never been a fan of the new CB'r' 250. It's such a disappointment and step backwards compared to the original CBR250RR screamer. Always thought that the new thumper engine would make more sense in a dirt bike or dual sport like the new CRF250L. Happy Trails! T

money

Your rant probably belongs in the CB'r' 250 thread. There are a number of reports in that thread from CB'r' 250 owners about the problems they experienced with their bikes. Most of them sold their bikes and moved on to something a bit more solid. I have absolutely nothing against Honda, though I think AP Honda in Thailand are quite clueless and inept. Honda makes some fantastic bikes. I've just never been a fan of the new CB'r' 250. It's such a disappointment and step backwards compared to the original CBR250RR screamer. Always thought that the new thumper engine would make more sense in a dirt bike or dual sport like the new CRF250L. Happy Trails! T

stop back peddaling when you have made thousands of anti honda posts and many of them are commenting on the (lack of quality ) on the cbr 250r

you are one of the highest posters in the enormous cbr 250 thread yet you have never owned owned one and ove to criticize people who really own even sell/service these honda bikes in the case of sumet-cycle

seems you have a wealth of no idea .......as usual coffee1.gif

Going a little of topic I think a lot of people buy these 250 cc thinking they have a sports bike after a couple of months when they are used to the power and realise they are not actually as fast as they first thought they then go up for sale looking at the baby ninja yesterday I think it's a beautiful looking bike beats the cbr easily ,however none of them interest me as they are both a wolf in sheeps clothing really for me a sports bike has got to be 600cc minimum but I have a little experience,for someone new to biking any of them ate fine but not something I would imagine you would hold onto for long before you want something bigger and better

money

stop back peddaling when you have made thousands of anti honda posts and many of them are commenting on the (lack of quality ) on the cbr 250r

you are one of the highest posters in the enormous cbr 250 thread yet you have never owned owned one and ove to criticize people who really own even sell/service these honda bikes in the case of sumet-cycle

seems you have a wealth of no idea .......as usual coffee1.gif

No back pedaling Wana,

I've ridden the new CB'r' 250 a few times and have seen dozens of them blow up at various Moto 3 races and I remain thoroughly unimpressed with this particular bike.

That said, I think the thumper engine makes a LOT more sense in a dual-sport / dirtbike frame, and initial report all indicate that the new CRF250L is a winner.

Hopefully Honda has had a chance to iron out some of the problems that many CB'r' 250 owners have reported on this and other forums.

If you've never ridden a real CBR250RR you are ignorant of how underwhelming the new CB'r' 250 is. But then ignorance seems to be your MO; I lol'd at your BMW 1250 post yesterday cheesy.gif

I'm no "Honda-hater"; I've owned a lot of Hondas in the past and my next bike is going to be a Honda. :) (But it sure as heck won't be a CB'r' 250!)

Happy Trails!

T

I don't get how people can get wound up about 250 road bikes. They are learner bikes, if you are thinking performance you would buy a ER6-N, Versys or be waiting for the CBR 600 soon to be released.

Dual sport, we have no choice.....

money

There is a guy who owns the bike and rides it for long time and another guy who never owned it and who allways pops up to debase Honda bikes. Who should i believe?

rolleyes.gif

money

There is a guy who owns the bike and rides it for long time and another guy who never owned it and who allways pops up to debase Honda bikes. Who should i believe?

rolleyes.gif

Lolz, Wana/Wantan, give it a rest mate.

Why on earth would I buy a bike I've ridden and hate? Is anyone really going to take seriously a troll who is "driven by cheese"? cheesy.gif

This thread, in case you forgot, is supposed to be about the new CRF250L.

Ride On!

T

Why on earth would I buy a bike I've ridden and hate? Is anyone really going to take seriously a troll who is "driven by cheese"? cheesy.gif

Written and forgotten, as allways. This thread is about the CRF, not KTM. You never let a chance go by to promote your favorite brands, do you? Getting free service vouchers or collecting bonus points for your next buy?

Written and forgotten, as allways. This thread is about the CRF, not KTM. You never let a chance go by to promote your favorite brands, do you? Getting free service vouchers or collecting bonus points for your next buy?

Erm, I was replying to Bung's comment about no other dual sport choices available in Thailand. Get it? passifier.gif

As mentioned several times, my next bike is going to be a Honda. I'm not expecting any service vouchers or bonus points beatdeadhorse.gif

Ok have changed my foot gear pedal the kawa one is about 1 inch longer and also sticks out about 1/2 inch more when the tip off the kawa 1 is folded in it sticks out probably 1/4 inch less than original 1

First imprecision kawa 1 probably to long sticks out to much and more likely to bend than the original will post some pictures later as using iPhone at the moment

Ok have changed my foot gear pedal the kawa one is about 1 inch longer and also sticks out about 1/2 inch more when the tip off the kawa 1 is folded in it sticks out probably 1/4 inch less than original 1

First imprecision kawa 1 probably to long sticks out to much and more likely to bend than the original will post some pictures later as using iPhone at the moment

Good write up with pictures from Ian Bungy over on GT Rider showing the gear pedal swap:

Stock:

DSCN4437Small.jpg

Kawasaki Pedal:

DSCN4434Small.jpg

Modified and installed:

DSCN4443Small.jpg

A Honda-saki CRF250L! clap2.gif