Honda Crf 250L

RED21

It's only got a few more HP than my 125 click, it aint gunna be blowing anything anytime soon.

Your click has about 9hp the crf has about 18hp so ummm double not just a few.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Pretty sure the 110cc Click had 9hp, I read the 125cc click spec'd as having 11.3 PS (11.15HP) on an Indonesian review.

Wonder why they would increase it to 125cc and knobble it to the same HP as the 110cc click here in Thailand ?

Sent from my PC - i5 2500k/8gb ram/H20 cooling/GTX565 GPU at home from my TOT landline @ 6mb using a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse whilst reclining on my Aeron Miller Chair.

As canuckamuck stated, there is ONE dyno run for the CRF...let's suss out the real HP before we start comparing it to an understructured girly bike as the first time you take a Click off road in the places that a CRF can go you'd probably end up having to leave it there and walk back.

In regards to your question about seeing the 125cc being 11,3 PS; that's probably at the crank (BHP) and rear wheel you might see mid to high 9 after going through the autobox.

Sent from my laptop - Core i7 2670/16GB RAM/128GB Corsair RealSSD/750GB HDD(in optical bay)/GT 540M on a 320 kb/s Wifi connection ermm.gif

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^

are you actually comparing a scooter to a motorbike now..,..lol

No doubt again from someone who has never ridden the crf....,

Have ridden both the CRF and KLX. neither I found exciting to ride.

Would you care to elaborate a bit more in comparing the two? Whilst I fully understand around 20 hp is not going to set your world alight if you are a seasoned biker some of us are relatively new to 2 wheels. Did one feel to be more powerful or better to ride?

Exactly every thai that has seen my crf and a few farang have said the bikes to high the 150 kawa is perfect for alot of Thais pricewise and size wise no doubt should be a good seller

Agreed. Whenever i have parked with Thais around, they swarm around and start a chat going, and the general consensus is that it is too tall for them. Although the price is high for most, i have only heard one negative, and that was from a blokes wife last night who said he could buy them a Pickup for that price. She is 100% correct in that ones personal reasons for having this type of machine has to be taken into perspective with regards practical reasons. It's all about personal choice and necessity.

All my friends knew it was only a matter of time before i upgraded to a Trail bike, as i have made it clear they are my Bike of choice for various reasons. It was just waiting for the right Bike. IMO this is it for me, having rode an XL125 for years. I dont need a superbike with a herd of horses driving it....(and especially on Thai roads where the world and his dog just pull out in front of you), and the CRF has adequate power alround for general use.

PMSL at some comparing a Dual-Sport Trail with a Girlie-Bike cheesy.gif BTW....do you know the big gap between your knees aint for the shopping....it's so when you are wearing your skirt you dont need to cock-a-leg. tongue.png

The one issue that cropped up is that the missus says the seat can be uncomfortable for her due to my fatarse taking up all the good bit. lol. But she also pointed out her back is feeling better for not being jarred every time our combined weight hits an obstacle. To compare, i dont even bother to slow down for sleeping policmen anymore as the CRF just cruises over them.

Dual-Sport v Girlie-Bike = no brainer.

^

Fair enough comment these bikes are not for everyone ,but for me they are perfect I have to go off road just to get to our house we have no road access so it is really the only bike for me,unless I stick with the scooter which gets really boring after a while

No doubt if I lived Bangkok or another big city these bikes would not be for me but as where I am we are surrounded by jungle it's perfect and I have fun everytime I go out on it.....

^

Fair enough comment these bikes are not for everyone ,but for me they are perfect I have to go off road just to get to our house we have no road access so it is really the only bike for me,unless I stick with the scooter which gets really boring after a while

No doubt if I lived Bangkok or another big city these bikes would not be for me but as where I am we are surrounded by jungle it's perfect and I have fun everytime I go out on it.....

Yep, if I live up North or somewhere island or jungle etc, I buy crf like you definitely.

Good choice for these.

I think you bought the best bike for your living environment, needs and fun.

My first owned geared bike was a yamaha dt125 and I never forget it on gravel man.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer

A friend just took a CRF 250 L on a 500km test ride up to Chiang Rai & on the Chiang Rai monthly group ride, great thing to do if you're in the area, now on the 10th of every month. He's now sold on the bike and will be ordering one..

He's done a full report on the ride asia website... i think the heading is : The Honda CRF250L on the 'saddlebags' Ride (his photo's wont copy over) take a look - interesting read.

7158715147_babc7b417e_o.jpg

Edited by RidersCorner

^

I live in Bangkok and I`m considering a CRF because I think it would make a great traffic buster with it`s high seat and nippy performance, not to mention taking care of some of the badly maintained roads in my neighbourhood. Wrestling a big road bike through lines of cars takes the shine off the journey so the CRF could be just the ticket in town.

^

I live in Bangkok and I`m considering a CRF because I think it would make a great traffic buster with it`s high seat and nippy performance, not to mention taking care of some of the badly maintained roads in my neighbourhood. Wrestling a big road bike through lines of cars takes the shine off the journey so the CRF could be just the ticket in town.

A bike with a high seat and stance and wide handlebars will not make it a traffic buster. Just make it harder to ride between cars or high traffic.

You just hit your head to the mirrors of buses and high trucks. lower and narrower is better in traffic.

No it's not. It is an advantage having the leverage, tight turning circle and height to see over cars what is ahead on D/S bikes.

Hitting your head on mirrors is easily avoidable as we have necks that move in all directions.

What disadvantage you have with wide bars is easily made up for with the stated advantages.

They are also cheaper if/when you do drop it as they are made for that.

It would be a great bike around bkk.

No it's not. It is an advantage having the leverage, tight turning circle and height to see over cars what is ahead on D/S bikes.

Hitting your head on mirrors is easily avoidable as we have necks that move in all directions.

What disadvantage you have with wide bars is easily made up for with the stated advantages.

well man, all my life, i ride on cities with high traffic with many different bikes so my suggestion is fixed with my experience. lower and narrower is better.

and avoiding high mirrors of buses and trucks with our necks? So, we need to concentrate on avoiding to hit our head on a bike with athletic movements with our neck? or concentrate on riding the bike only? which one?

Besides, Negotiating the tight passes between cars with a wide handlebar? c'mon.

Even moning your feet up and down in a high bike on traffic is torture if you are less than 180 cms. not to mention the pad like seat of crf and sitting on it long time. especially two up.

still, if you feel comfortable on a high bike on traffic, it is up to you of course but not for me definitely.

Edited by loserlazer

Is it ok to have a gik? (lover)(aka honda crf250l 4 day off road review)

Ermmmmmmmm! Where do I start? I’m not even sure if this is the correct place to be sharing and divulging this unfortunate predicament I’ve got myself into!! If the post needs moving or deleting please feel free!!

It all started a couple of weeks ago! I have been with my current thai partner for almost 3 years now, we’ve been every where together yes we’ve had a few minor problems along the way but I really am happy with the way she responds to me and very very happy with the way she makes me feel, so why should I need to be unfaithful or why should I feel the need to have extra curricular pleasures?

I feel so guilty and ungrateful, its not as if she’s done anything really wrong or even let me down, I think this is why I feel so bad!!! I know it’s all me, its my fault and my wandering eye!!!!

But when I grasp her b*****s she effortlessly purrs away and knows what’s coming next!!

(missing word was bar-ends by the way!!!)

Ok, more detail

My current partner is a 2009 klx 250, my gik is a 2012 crf250L, all round in better shape, feels tighter, not so tall, a touch slimmer maybe, very responsive, but I know they all are in the 1st few weeks eh?

I have been able to work it, so we are away together for a few days, mae hong son, pai, chiang dao etc yes I know really romantic places too!!, I was sort of hoping that the gik was gonna let herself down, you know, not perform, maybe not like it when I give it to her hard!! maybe even have a breakdown, you just don’t know with these thai girls do you?

I didn’t tell you, I’ve also bought along the klx too for comparison, sure she might have an idea something’s not quite right but we are being careful and I have got a young fit german guy here too to help out with the deceit!!! And also act as a decoy!

So how is the gik doing?

WOW, what a wonderful experience, more responsive and Quicker to respond! Forgiving! and this ones not a pain in the ass too!!

100% reliable and more economical!

Now she really does seem to like it in the dirt too, now that is unusual!! I’m sure that will change after a few times it normally does!!!

I’m not into rubber usually but standard issue are really good even in the dirt!!!! Oops, here we go again!!!

Will the grass be greener? Will the novelty wear off? Is it normal to feel like this at my age? Should I know better?

She really doesn’t seem to mind when I am astride her, at 110 kgs!!! It must be true then that thai girls like pumpui man after all!!! All those times in pattaya I heard it, I just thought yeh yeh yeh!!!

So I suppose I need some advice from my friends, should I forget about my new love and simply put my heart and mind and my effort into my current ride?

ok, I could spend abit of money on her, that always goes down well!!! Take her out even more regularly, don’t look at others when I’m with her, cause they really do see us!!! All that stuff!

But you know and I know when your whistles been wetted!!!! She’s just not gonna feel the same again is she? they never really do, do they?, not so slim , showing her age, even a few strange noises!!! She never did that when we 1st met!!!!

Then there’s that whining noise, Yes I could try more lube!!!!

Or is it just a case of having my head turned by some cheap floozy, a new on the block tart!! and will she just turn out the same as all the others, costing a fortune!, unreliable, not meeting all my needs and getting tired really early and maybe refusing to let me up that slippery dirt track!!!!!!!!

You just don’t know where it’s all gonna lead eh!!!!! It could end it tears, it normally does!!

What we did!

900 kms in 4 days, 4 days of as hard as it gets double and single track, off-road mountain riding in N Thailand, no its not a moto crosser or a gas gas or a quad, it’s a fukin great dualsport, standard equipped Honda with more balls than Marina ladyboy bar on a fight night!!!!!

Time will tell if it can stand the pace, I think it will, I hope it does too, the add on’s and mod’s will be being made faster than a thai girl can call her mum after the lottery’s been announced !!!!

3 different riders this week, no real complaints, no problems, no shortfalls, no whinging!!! Fuk that’s a miracle for farang in Thailand (thank fuk this is not a post on thai visa!!!!!!)

I think we’re gonna be hearing more good reports on this baby!!

What would I modify? Not that it needs owt doing desperately!!!

Klx style gear shifter

metal sump/bash plate

Higher bars, I really do miss standing up on this bike

Proppa knobblies as most of my riding is off road, but it was more planted with standard issue than the klx with full brandnew knobblies!!

a slightly bigger rear sprocket (I reckon this will make a big difference and be awesome)

Rear rack for my tools and overnight bag!!!! A must for me!

Maybe bark busters, not that I actually bust much bark, maybe just cut the levers down a bit and then watch where I’m fukin going!!!!!

Today I rode the CRF for about 2 hrs of hard riding, single track mainly, it was really really good, cant believe how good the tyres are and we’ve had loads of rain! Power delivery is instant and smooth, 2nd gear doesn’t have much engine breaking so that’s why I would change the rear sprocket, I prefer to engine brake going downhill in the slippy stuff!

When I got back on the klx, it felt sort of agricultural, lazy, you know the feeling I’m sure! It does sort of feel appreciative though (yeh, just like an ugly fat girl!!!)

One thing that stands out for me is when you make a mistake on the klx it sort of shakes it’s head and makes you feel all nervy ( bit like the ex missus in UK) but the CRF, just deals with it but also rises to the challenge and puts a fukin great smile on yer face at the same time and even makes you feel like a better rider!!!

Seriously, I think I rode the CRF at least 25% quicker than the klx, due to the above but also it feels so light and nimble and please remember this is a standard set up, out of the showroom bike!!!!!!

On my klx I was lagging behind the pack all twitchy and edgy, on the crf I was waiting for them to catch up, both the other guys in my opinion are excellent riders, I am an average but regular rider that doesn’t like wet, red or green stuff on the trails!

I do also think though that I could be led astray with the CRF, riding faster etc etc

Note

There was some slight noise in the gearbox/final drive region, it's not getting any worse infact it’s quitened down, the gearbox doesn’t feel as good as on the klx , in my opinion that is the only area the klx has the edge, but watch this space!!!!!

So there you have it, I have spoken to the other guys, who rode the CRF more than me (as I’d already ridden it for a day last week) both were very very impressed.

I think it will beat the d tracker all round too, as is!!!!!

One word of advice though, is be careful as I think all your mates (even your true mates) will want to ride her!!! They might not admit it or come clean with their intentions but when your back’s turned!! They’ll be sneeking a look and a touch!!!!!

stay safe

this life is not a rehearsal!!!

well man, all my life, i ride on cities with high traffic with many different bikes so my suggestion is fixed with my experience. lower and narrower is better.

and avoiding high mirrors of buses and trucks with our necks? So, we need to concentrate on avoiding to hit our head on a bike with athletic movements with our neck? or concentrate on riding the bike only? which one?

Besides, Negotiating the tight passes between cars with a wide handlebar? c'mon.

Even moning your feet up and down in a high bike on traffic is torture if you are less than 180 cms. not to mention the pad like seat of crf and sitting on it long time. especially two up.

still, if you feel comfortable on a high bike on traffic, it is up to you of course but not for me definitely.

I used to ride a CCM motard in London so I actually speak from experience. These style of bikes are far superior in traffic. The wider bars aren`t an issue and you have a great view of what`s going on around you. Low = unseen bus and taxi fodder. Edited by BirdsandBooze

hi william, thanks hope you enjoyed it!!

i personally wear full kit, including alpinestar tech 8 boots, upper body armour with strong back protector, elbow pads, the most expensive knee pads/braces you can afford, m/cross pants and shirt, helmet with goggles, always go out with a camelbak and spares for bike inc levers and tubes!!!

hope this helps?

alan

Gearbox on mine is as smooth as silk, must be specific to Lan's bike.

Is it ok to have a gik? (lover)(aka honda crf250l 4 day off road review)

Ermmmmmmmm! Where do I start? I’m not even sure if this is the correct place to be sharing and divulging this unfortunate predicament I’ve got myself into!! If the post needs moving or deleting please feel free!!

It all started a couple of weeks ago! I have been with my current thai partner for almost 3 years now, we’ve been every where together yes we’ve had a few minor problems along the way but I really am happy with the way she responds to me and very very happy with the way she makes me feel, so why should I need to be unfaithful or why should I feel the need to have extra curricular pleasures?

I feel so guilty and ungrateful, its not as if she’s done anything really wrong or even let me down, I think this is why I feel so bad!!! I know it’s all me, its my fault and my wandering eye!!!!

But when I grasp her b*****s she effortlessly purrs away and knows what’s coming next!!

(missing word was bar-ends by the way!!!)

Ok, more detail

My current partner is a 2009 klx 250, my gik is a 2012 crf250L, all round in better shape, feels tighter, not so tall, a touch slimmer maybe, very responsive, but I know they all are in the 1st few weeks eh?

I have been able to work it, so we are away together for a few days, mae hong son, pai, chiang dao etc yes I know really romantic places too!!, I was sort of hoping that the gik was gonna let herself down, you know, not perform, maybe not like it when I give it to her hard!! maybe even have a breakdown, you just don’t know with these thai girls do you?

I didn’t tell you, I’ve also bought along the klx too for comparison, sure she might have an idea something’s not quite right but we are being careful and I have got a young fit german guy here too to help out with the deceit!!! And also act as a decoy!

So how is the gik doing?

WOW, what a wonderful experience, more responsive and Quicker to respond! Forgiving! and this ones not a pain in the ass too!!

100% reliable and more economical!

Now she really does seem to like it in the dirt too, now that is unusual!! I’m sure that will change after a few times it normally does!!!

I’m not into rubber usually but standard issue are really good even in the dirt!!!! Oops, here we go again!!!

Will the grass be greener? Will the novelty wear off? Is it normal to feel like this at my age? Should I know better?

She really doesn’t seem to mind when I am astride her, at 110 kgs!!! It must be true then that thai girls like pumpui man after all!!! All those times in pattaya I heard it, I just thought yeh yeh yeh!!!

So I suppose I need some advice from my friends, should I forget about my new love and simply put my heart and mind and my effort into my current ride?

ok, I could spend abit of money on her, that always goes down well!!! Take her out even more regularly, don’t look at others when I’m with her, cause they really do see us!!! All that stuff!

But you know and I know when your whistles been wetted!!!! She’s just not gonna feel the same again is she? they never really do, do they?, not so slim , showing her age, even a few strange noises!!! She never did that when we 1st met!!!!

Then there’s that whining noise, Yes I could try more lube!!!!

Or is it just a case of having my head turned by some cheap floozy, a new on the block tart!! and will she just turn out the same as all the others, costing a fortune!, unreliable, not meeting all my needs and getting tired really early and maybe refusing to let me up that slippery dirt track!!!!!!!!

You just don’t know where it’s all gonna lead eh!!!!! It could end it tears, it normally does!!

What we did!

900 kms in 4 days, 4 days of as hard as it gets double and single track, off-road mountain riding in N Thailand, no its not a moto crosser or a gas gas or a quad, it’s a fukin great dualsport, standard equipped Honda with more balls than Marina ladyboy bar on a fight night!!!!!

Time will tell if it can stand the pace, I think it will, I hope it does too, the add on’s and mod’s will be being made faster than a thai girl can call her mum after the lottery’s been announced !!!!

3 different riders this week, no real complaints, no problems, no shortfalls, no whinging!!! Fuk that’s a miracle for farang in Thailand (thank fuk this is not a post on thai visa!!!!!!)

I think we’re gonna be hearing more good reports on this baby!!

What would I modify? Not that it needs owt doing desperately!!!

Klx style gear shifter

metal sump/bash plate

Higher bars, I really do miss standing up on this bike

Proppa knobblies as most of my riding is off road, but it was more planted with standard issue than the klx with full brandnew knobblies!!

a slightly bigger rear sprocket (I reckon this will make a big difference and be awesome)

Rear rack for my tools and overnight bag!!!! A must for me!

Maybe bark busters, not that I actually bust much bark, maybe just cut the levers down a bit and then watch where I’m fukin going!!!!!

Today I rode the CRF for about 2 hrs of hard riding, single track mainly, it was really really good, cant believe how good the tyres are and we’ve had loads of rain! Power delivery is instant and smooth, 2nd gear doesn’t have much engine breaking so that’s why I would change the rear sprocket, I prefer to engine brake going downhill in the slippy stuff!

When I got back on the klx, it felt sort of agricultural, lazy, you know the feeling I’m sure! It does sort of feel appreciative though (yeh, just like an ugly fat girl!!!)

One thing that stands out for me is when you make a mistake on the klx it sort of shakes it’s head and makes you feel all nervy ( bit like the ex missus in UK) but the CRF, just deals with it but also rises to the challenge and puts a fukin great smile on yer face at the same time and even makes you feel like a better rider!!!

Seriously, I think I rode the CRF at least 25% quicker than the klx, due to the above but also it feels so light and nimble and please remember this is a standard set up, out of the showroom bike!!!!!!

On my klx I was lagging behind the pack all twitchy and edgy, on the crf I was waiting for them to catch up, both the other guys in my opinion are excellent riders, I am an average but regular rider that doesn’t like wet, red or green stuff on the trails!

I do also think though that I could be led astray with the CRF, riding faster etc etc

Note

There was some slight noise in the gearbox/final drive region, it's not getting any worse infact it’s quitened down, the gearbox doesn’t feel as good as on the klx , in my opinion that is the only area the klx has the edge, but watch this space!!!!!

So there you have it, I have spoken to the other guys, who rode the CRF more than me (as I’d already ridden it for a day last week) both were very very impressed.

I think it will beat the d tracker all round too, as is!!!!!

One word of advice though, is be careful as I think all your mates (even your true mates) will want to ride her!!! They might not admit it or come clean with their intentions but when your back’s turned!! They’ll be sneeking a look and a touch!!!!!

stay safe

this life is not a rehearsal!!!

I used to ride a CCM motard in London so I actually speak from experience. These style of bikes are far superior in traffic. The wider bars aren`t an issue and you have a great view of what`s going on around you. Low = unseen bus and taxi fodder.

man, Bangkok traffic or let's say second or third world quarter traffic is not the same with London. There you cannot cross lanes, cannot go between cars, lot's of rules etc. So, for London, any bike should be OK even a hayabusa as you wait like a car in traffic.

Besides, i rode my yamaha dt125 on city long time and some d tracker here and it was mostly an uncomfortable experience. especially feet up and down and hitting the mirrors with head, scratching the cars with your handlebars etc. and arse pain even after 30 minutes.

I mean, we are all individuals here so i respect anyone's decision on bikes but no need to torture ourselves.

crf is good for gravel and it is designed for gravel or if you are living in rural, island, up North etc and even i buy it if i am living these kind of conditions.

You cannot even tour with it as these cross tires you know...a motard version should be OK but then wind protection problems will appear at high speeds so... think about it.

Edited by loserlazer

Good report Alank, leaning towards the CRF........ Off-topic..apart from helmet what kind of gear do you guys wear when off-road ?

T-shirt and shorts for the Crf and full gear for competition on the trackthumbsup.gif

First of all, I'm not the most experienced rider. I guess I could be considered a re-newbie rider. My last real bike was a HD RKC, but that was over ten years ago. Never did get to ride as much as I would have liked. The CRF is nothing like it, nor did I expect it to be. I have never ridden off road, but could see learning to like it, but hope to have a set of motards made as most of my riding will be on road.

Reading what other more experienced riders reported was a major factor in deciding to buy the CRF vs D-Tracker/KLX. Thanks for all those who have contributed their experience here and other forums.

This bike will be great for some, good for others, and useless to some for various reasons. As has been said, to each his own, and I will respect those who's views differ. There's a lot more rider knowledge and experience out there that I am more than willing to listen and try to learn from. But for now, what follows is just my experience and opinion.

For me it's great. I like the upright seating, and the leg position is actually more comfortable to me than the 80 degreeish angle on the PCX. I'm 176.5cm tall and about 87kg. Tried the CBR250, but my shoulder did not like that riding postition at all. So far the seat has been comfortable, but haven't gone for any real long rides as of yet. I do suffer from chewbacca syndrum, so riding anything after a while can become uncomfortable if I start to sweat. If I do decide to do any touring, it won't be to cover great distances as fast as possible, but to enjoy the beauty of this country, so plenty of stops along the way.

Cruising at 100 the bike still has power to go if I need it to, but for the most part I'm comfortable and content in that range. The bike has gotten to 126 (speedo, no gps available) quite easily on a few occassions when not paying attention to the speedo. To me, the knobbies start to get a little too jumpy, and I am still getting used to the bike. Overall though, the ride is very smooth, but have only ridden on road.

As far as getting around traffic, I never was one for threading through and around the lines of stopped cars at traffic lights unless there was plenty of room to get around, so it's not an issue if I just have to find a hole and wait. It does seem to be easier cutting between bumpers than was on the PCX. Of course the PCX isn't the thinnest of bikes either.

I can't quite get my feet flat on the ground, which has only been a real problem once, so far. Trying to turn around from a stop, too slowly and tight on a rather steep incline, threw the balance off, and as I went to balance with my right leg on the downhill side, there was nothing there. My stump was too short and the bike too heavy to keep it from going down although somewhat controlled. Still it was enough to bend the brake lever a bit. Changing the wheels and tires should help in this respect. Wrap around hand guards are also on the list of things to get.

I still have much to learn about riding this bike and riding in Thailand, hopefully on and off road, and will always try to do so within my ability. Some may completely disagree with my views of the bike, and riding style, but that's the great thing about it, there are other bikes out there to fit other budgets, riding styles, abilities and needs. Someday I might be able to afford something that would change my mind, but for now the CRF fits my budget, and my need.

Got mine today, it's always a good day to have a new bike arrive.

Initial findings for me is that it exceeded expectations, I'm loving it! Goes great.

Couldn't help myself, fitted the new fat bars 10 minutes after getting it home :)

picked mine up yesterday, drove it back and tbh i did expect a little more poke from a 250 ermm.gif ..had it back in the house and.was thinking i'd made a mistake buying it but took it out on some back roads and off-road trails and this bike is mega fun as long as you keep blipping through the gears...can't wait to get it out again tomorrow morning for some fun !!

^

congrats yep on straight open roads it's certainly not the best bike your up to 110 km/r before you know it then there's to much wind buffeting going on , but once you get on a few twisties and off road it's great fun

I used to ride a CCM motard in London so I actually speak from experience. These style of bikes are far superior in traffic. The wider bars aren`t an issue and you have a great view of what`s going on around you. Low = unseen bus and taxi fodder.

100% agree.

man, Bangkok traffic or let's say second or third world quarter traffic is not the same with London. There you cannot cross lanes, cannot go between cars, lot's of rules etc. So, for London, any bike should be OK even a hayabusa as you wait like a car in traffic.

Besides, i rode my yamaha dt125 on city long time and some d tracker here and it was mostly an uncomfortable experience. especially feet up and down and hitting the mirrors with head, scratching the cars with your handlebars etc. and arse pain even after 30 minutes.

I mean, we are all individuals here so i respect anyone's decision on bikes but no need to torture ourselves.

crf is good for gravel and it is designed for gravel or if you are living in rural, island, up North etc and even i buy it if i am living these kind of conditions.

You cannot even tour with it as these cross tires you know...a motard version should be OK but then wind protection problems will appear at high speeds so... think about it.

Having rode during Rush-Hour in London on a D/S for years, i can say that traffic standing still is the same all over the world. In the UK you are able to change lanes and weave through the cars no problem....not sure what laws you are on about? Even the Police do it.

If you mean when traffic is moving, then my view is that attempting to negotiate handlebar wide gaps at speed through moving vehicles is just asking for trouble.

In all that time, i never once hit my head or scratched a car....as Bung says, we have great flexibility in our necks and Torso. Maybe you need to revise your riding skills.

As for when the gaps are too small, it doesnt take much to slow up and gently walk it through. Most local riders here dont have the stability skills that we develop in the west, as their testing rules are absolute <deleted>. So most small gaps tend to cause a bottleneck anyway. I find though that once the traffic is moving....and with the blip of the throttle....i tend to be ahead of most cars at lights anyway. biggrin.png

Another thing....what is it with people trying to turn a 250 D/S into some sort of Touring machine? It's horses for courses, and high speeds on tarmac are not what this bike is about. Besides, as i have alluded to before, anyone who does 120kph on these Thai roads is tempting fate with the world and his mate & dog all waiting to cross in front of you.

IMO only the freeways handle those types of speed, and that isnt exactly what i would call touring, and not on a CRF250L.

Edited by StGeorge

Initial findings for me is that it exceeded expectations, I'm loving it! Goes great.

Couldn't help myself, fitted the new fat bars 10 minutes after getting it home smile.png

I sold the CBR 250 and picked up the CRF 250L 2 days ago. I agree, what a great bike.

By fat bars do you mean the 1 1/8" down to 7/8" diam.? If so would you mind posting where you picked up the new wider handle bar clamps for the top triple clamp?

any prices on the after market parts from Honda ?... just had a look and the sump protective cover is made of plastic whistling.gif

In the Honda CRF 250 L sales brochure there's a few pages of accessories available. I ordered the rear carrier from Honda, 1100 baht I believe. The Honda aluminum sump guard is the same a the plastic one. Too small, IMHO. A fellow in CM makes a proper aluminum guard and a stainless rear rack. I'll post a link later. Next time I head up there I'll purchase the guard that he fabricates.

Couldn't help myself, fitted the new fat bars 10 minutes after getting it home smile.png

I sold the CBR 250 and picked up the CRF 250L 2 days ago. I agree, what a great bike.

By fat bars do you mean the 1 1/8" down to 7/8" diam.? If so would you mind posting where you picked up the new wider handle bar clamps for the top triple clamp?

Drift having had the cbr 250 and now crf how would you compare the difference in acceleration/engine power between the two I'm starting to think maybe the dyno reading we have seen of 18 bhp is correct and these bikes are restricted