O (Spouse) Visa, 1 Year, Multiple Entry, Singapore. Success

Went to renew mine this morning. I will say right from the start that I am a Singapore PR which obviously makes it easier. The usual paper copies were provided of:

* Letter of invitation from Mrs CC, in English

* Marriage cert (Thai & English)

* Wife's passport

* Wife's Thai ID card

* My Singapore ID card

* Bank statement

This year, they also wanted two new things - a copy of my SPR re-entry permit (bit of paper that clips in the back of your passport), and a copy of a confirmed air ticket / travel itinerary to Thailand. I've never had to show the air ticket thing before but they were adamant they had to see it this year. No biggie but rather defeats the purpose of having a multiple entry visa to let you enter and exit the Kingdom freely at short notice in order to visit a Thai spouse and family?!

Whilst the Singapore Malay lady who processed the application was quite polite and clearly spoken as usual, my overall impression was that the environment was less receptive to visa applications this year. Most of the people in front of me in the Q were rejected for one reason or another, both westerners and Asians, and including a tour group of what appeared to be Mainland Chinese language school students, who only wanted single entry tourist visas! How hard can that be to issue...?

By the way, due to the building works, the front entrance to the embassy on Orchard Rd is now shut, and has shifted to the rear of the embassy at Colmore Road (next to the Pan Pacific hotel).

CC

Edited by Captain Chaos