Un-Invited Guests

terrychris

Does this just happen to me.

I sit occassionaly on Jomtien Beach,usually with Thai or Farang friends.

Depending who im with,we eat Thai food or farang food ,snacks,cheeses etc with Wine ,sort of like a picnic you could say.

Usually not always but most times we have some sort of uninvited visitor just plonk himself down,I would say they were all Thai guys,BUT the last one was a European farang who decided to sit on the blanket I had spread out and help himself.

I must admit,unlike the previous Thai 'intruders' he did say thankyou and was sharing his stories.

I did not say anything to the Thai men,except in offering them food once they were seated and ALREADY helping themselves.

I did expect a thankyou at least from them or a wai,but no they just ate away and drank away even ignoring my Thai friend's conversation.,some even grabbing a bottle to depart with.

Does it happen to others.

Edited by terrychris

Although the beaches are public so to speak it does seem like these people were rude and if it was me I would have let them know that and asked them to leave if they didn't at first ask: "Excuse me, may we join you?"

If this seems to happen to you ALL the time then I could only suggest: "Do not eat the brown acid. I repeat: Do NOT eat the brown acid."

Am I misssing something here. Do you have a big sign up saying free food or something? Or are you in a big group and it looks like a party going on.......

If a complete stranger came and tried to help himself to my victuaos I think I would be with Ulysses G - whether he was Thai or farang. .

Am I the only one who thinks it weird to allow uninvited total strangers to sit with them and eat their food?

Nope. You have me for company.

That's a relief. This could never happen at my picnic unless they were pointing a loaded gun at me.

Chern By (invitation to leave), is all you need to say to a Thai freeloader.

You are way more polite than me.

I would have said, ork bai, if he didnt I would say bai cee.

"I did expect a thankyou at least from them or a wai"

A wai, is this for real?

Why didnt the Thais say anything, I would change my friends, are they freeloaders as well?

Does the OP speak Thai?

How does he know these freeloaders werent friends of his friends?

I have never seen anything like the situation the OP describes.

I have never seen anything like the situation the OP describes.

The closest I have experienced to this was sitting drinking a beer with a friend by the beach, and an obviously stoned Thai came and sat close by, leering at us. My friend gave him a cigarette (at my insistence) and he went away. No wai, but he did do a lot of smiling (leering).

Are we talking here about a modern day version of the miracle of the loaves and fishs?rolleyes.gif

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you can get rid of him for a whole weekend.

Teach a man to fish, and you can sell him a ton of accessories.

Teach a man to fish and you've fed him for a lifetime ... unless, of course, he doesn't like sushi -- then you also need to teach him how to cook.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, but give him a case of dynamite and soon the village will be showered with mud and seaweed and unidentifiable chunks of fish.

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime. Enlighten him further, he owns a chain of seafood restaurants.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you will not have to listen to his incessant whining about how hungry he is.

Give a man a fish, and he'll wonder what you want from him.