Private Visa Runs.

Rooo

Some people prefer doing their visa runs privately, in comfort of a private vehicle. If you wish to communicate please do so on this thread.

NB: non commercial.

Thanks.

Rooo.

• Like 1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Does anyone need to do a visa run this coming Sunday, 4th March? (returning to Samui Monday 5th)

Im think Im planning on heading down this coming Sunday. Probably go mid-afternoon, stay over in Hat Yai Sunday evening, then head to Sadao immigration on Monday morning then back up to Samui for Monday afternoon.

Please PM me ASAP if interested.

Thanks

Ian

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Does anyone need to do a visa run this coming Sunday, 4th March? (returning to Samui Monday 5th)

Im think Im planning on heading down this coming Sunday. Probably go mid-afternoon, stay over in Hat Yai Sunday evening, then head to Sadao immigration on Monday morning then back up to Samui for Monday afternoon.

Please PM me ASAP if interested.

Thanks

Ian

Hi,

I would like to do a run before 30th March, I have PM'd you.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

This thread is a great idea. Anyone doing a trip from Koh Samui to Penang end of April?

If the minibus is all there is, can anyone PM an operator they've had good experiences with?

This thread is only for private runs. I apologise, but we are not allowing any advice or recommendations on minibus operators.

Thank you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll do a private visa run using my car a Nissan Sunny Saloon on Wednesday May 09.

Will leave Wednesday morning and back on Thursday afternoon. Border crossing will be Pedang Bazar.

Anyone interesting, please PM me

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone wishes to do a border run in the next week or so please let me know. It will be 2 day trip with an overnight stay in Hat Yai. Flexible on dates. Space for up to 3 people.

Will be going on Friday or Saturday this week (either day is good) if anyone wants to join and share the cost?

• 3 weeks later...

The service my friend - Simon - and myself - Ian - are offering is a 2 day/1 night border-bounce, as follows;

8am leave Chaweng

9am ferry from Nathon to Donsak

1030 leave Donsak and drive south to Sadao border immigration point

3pm approx, arrive border in Sadao. People walk between the Thai and Malaysian check points, with time to use the Duty Free shop

4pm leave Sadao and head for Hat Yai

5pm arrive Hat Yai hotel,

Once in Hat Yai and checked into the hotel we normally then take an hour or 2 to relax, then head to nice local pub/bar where you can get nice home cooked food (Thai or Western) and a drink.

11am leave Hat Yai

4pm ferry from Donsak to Nathon

6pm back in Chaweng

Normally we use a Toyota Fortuner, or similar vehicle. We take various stops on the way as people desire for food, toilet, cigarette breaks (no smoking in car), etc

COST

3 passengers in car with us = 3500

4 passengers in car with us = 2750

These costs represent the cost of the journey, which includes car hire for 2 days, ferry, gasoline, and hotel. We are NOT making profit, we are just covering costs!

If anyone is interested in this, please PM me in plenty of time before your visa stamp expires. If we can get a car full of people to agree on dates, we will go. Oh and please dont turn up drunk, its all we ask!

No mention of insurance ?

The service my friend - Simon - and myself - Ian - are offering is a 2 day/1 night border-bounce, as follows;

8am leave Chaweng

3pm approx, arrive border in Sadao. People walk between the Thai and Malaysian check points, with time to use the Duty Free shop

Once in Hat Yai and checked into the hotel we normally then take an hour or 2 to relax, then head to nice local pub/bar where you can get nice home cooked food (Thai or Western) and a drink.

11am leave Hat Yai

6pm back in Chaweng

Normally we use a Toyota Fortuner, or similar vehicle. We take various stops on the way as people desire for food, toilet, cigarette breaks (no smoking in car), etc

COST

These costs represent the cost of the journey, which includes car hire for 2 days, ferry, gasoline, and hotel. We are NOT making profit, we are just covering costs!

If anyone is interested in this, please PM me in plenty of time before your visa stamp expires. If we can get a car full of people to agree on dates, we will go. Oh and please dont turn up drunk, its all we ask!

No mention of insurance ?

It's a private run or I hope so, it's not a commercial venture.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely a private run. Simply sharing the cost. So no insurance.

There's of course insurance coming with the car (certainly first class insurance), i think you should read the contract and give the details.

What is wrong with some people?

Someone (out of the kindness of their heart) says "Hey folks - I am going to the border. Anyone want a cheap lift? Share the cost and we are all winners." the poster is only offering to help people.

And then we get this "what insurance do you have?" I am surprised that some people have not asked "Do you have any contagious diseases?".

If you are worried about insurance, and you do not already have any already - <deleted>. Buy your own.

• Like 2

There's of course insurance coming with the car (certainly first class insurance), i think you should read the contract and give the details.

I'll tell you what - if you ever come on a visa run with me, I'll bring my insurance policy so you can read it.

I'm sure you'll have a lot of people willing to go to border with a perfect stranger who is happy to mock others when they ask if the car is covered by an insurance...

• Like 1

I'll tell you what - if you ever come on a visa run with me, I'll bring my insurance policy so you can read it.

I'm sure you'll have a lot of people willing to go to border with a perfect stranger who is happy to mock others when they ask if the car is covered by an insurance...

If you read my response, you will notice that it mentions me bringing the insurance policy....ie the car is insured.

But what does it matter to you if my car is insured anyway?

What you were really asking is "am I covered personally in the event of a crash?"......in which case I refer you to Trop's response ^^^

I will state again - this is not a business venture, it is simply me and my friend offering to share the cost of travel with others when we go to do our own border bounces - as the title of the thread says "PRIVATE VISA RUNS".

You can join us or not, that is your choice. It matters not to me, either way.

If you read my response, you will notice that it mentions me bringing the insurance policy....ie the car is insured.

But what does it matter to you if my car is insured anyway?

What you were really asking is "am I covered personally in the event of a crash?"......in which case I refer you to Trop's response ^^^

I will state again - this is not a business venture, it is simply me and my friend offering to share the cost of travel with others when we go to do our own border bounces - as the title of the thread says "PRIVATE VISA RUNS".

You can join us or not, that is your choice. It matters not to me, either way.

Actually i'm not interested to join but others might be if they know in advance how much the car insurance covers them in case of accident, they might be more interested to join you Versus joining a "traditionnal" visa company.

• 3 weeks later...

8am leave Chaweng

11am leave Hat Yai

6pm back in Chaweng

COST

We will be doing this border bounce on Friday of this week (14th), hitting the boarder on Friday, staying overnight in Hat Yai, returning on Saturday.

We have 2 spaces in the car @ 2750 per person. Or it'll be 3500 per person if one 1 more (we have 2 of us already)

Please give me a call ASAP to reserve a seat........0890546271

Cheers

Ian

8am leave Chaweng

11am leave Hat Yai

6pm back in Chaweng

COST

I'm new to this so please bear with me. is the cost for 3 people and you and your friend 3500 per person ?

and if 4 people plus you and your friend go it is 2750 per person ?

So 5 people in the car costs 17,500 Baht to do and if 6 people in the car it costs 16,500 Baht ?

maybe you could break this down a bit more for me ?

I seem to be missing something here

8am leave Chaweng

11am leave Hat Yai

6pm back in Chaweng

COST

I'm new to this so please bear with me. is the cost for 3 people and you and your friend 3500 per person ?

and if 4 people plus you and your friend go it is 2750 per person ?

So 5 people in the car costs 17,500 Baht to do and if 6 people in the car it costs 16,500 Baht ?

maybe you could break this down a bit more for me ?

I seem to be missing something here

Yes you are missung something, read the whole post

I have read the post again and again and still non the wiser.

As said I'm new so maybe I am not getting it all here ?

COST

Rental on a Fortuner ( 2days ) is dearer then a normal sedan, covers your ferry both ways, fuel , hotel accommodation.

If you still have reservations, please contact the OP by PM function.

Thanks.