Private Visa Runs.

Rooo

I have to do a visa run on or before 21st May.

I intend driving my Toyota Vios to Ranong, probably Club Andaman, this will not be a rushed trip but hopefully one night away. If anyone is interested then all i need is shared expenses. I am a non smoker so no smoking in the car thank you. It is a very pleasant journey once one gets off the highway north.

David.

• Like 1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warning to all car rental companies in Samui !

According to most of the car hire rental terms & conditions in Samui, it is not allowed to use the car on the mainland, the hirer must use the vehicle within Samui Island only. ( especially for long distance visa runs ). Car rental companies should check the mileage counter by return or install a

GPS tracking system in your cars.

Easy to rent a car on Samui for use on the mainland. I once hired one from the airport.

According to most of the car hire rental terms & conditions in Samui, it is not allowed to use the car on the mainland, the hirer must use the vehicle within Samui Island only. ( especially for long distance visa runs ). Car rental companies should check the mileage counter by return or install a

Easy to rent a car on Samui for use on the mainland. I once hired one from the airport.

You should inform the rental company if you plan to take the car off the island - otherwise the insurance could be invalidated.

Also - most rental cars now have a sticker on them with a telephone number or name of the rental company on it. Someone at the ferry terminal contacts that number to check that approval has been given to go 'off-island'.

You should inform the rental company if you plan to take the car off the island - otherwise the insurance could be invalidated.

Also - most rental cars now have a sticker on them with a telephone number or name of the rental company on it. Someone at the ferry terminal contacts that number to check that approval has been given to go 'off-island'.

I am referring to the big rental companies such as HERTZ, not the little shopfront ones. Just go to the airport and you will have no trouble getting a car off the island.

• 1 month later...

Why do commercial border runs take you to Malaysia and not to Ranong if Ranong is closer?

Better roads to Malaysia and most get visa free entrance to Malaysia.

Maybe, but road to Ranong much quieter and the scenery much more beautiful when you get into the hills.

Why do commercial border runs take you to Malaysia and not to Ranong if Ranong is closer?

Better roads to Malaysia and most get visa free entrance to Malaysia.

Maybe, but road to Ranong much quieter and the scenery much more beautiful when you get into the hills.

Yes, nothing wrong with the roads to Ranong........even on a motorbike! The 4006 road is the one I came back on, very pleasant drive !... Even going Khao Sok, is nice too!

I guess you just need a $20.00 American bill to get into Burma.wink.png

FYI

PHUKET: -- Officials at Ranong Immigration today confirmed to the Phuket Gazette that they are turning away any foreigners attempting to enter Thailand after using three consecutive “walk-in” visas.

The news follows reports of immigration officers allegedly stopping Phuket expats on visa runs to Ranong from exiting the country. Ranong, nearly 400km north of Phuket, has for decades been a prime destination for foreigners conducting "visa runs".

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/723785-visa-crackdown-risks-stranding-phuket-expats-in-myanmar/

I intend driving my Toyota Vios to Ranong, probably Club Andaman, this will not be a rushed trip but hopefully one night away. If anyone is interested then all i need is shared expenses. I am a non smoker so no smoking in the car thank you. It is a very pleasant journey once one gets off the highway north.

David.

Hello David,

I must do a run too are you still looking for a passenger to drop your costs?

Please reply as soon as possible thanks..

Rosetta

David.

Hello David,

I must do a run too are you still looking for a passenger to drop your costs?

Please reply as soon as possible thanks..

Rosetta

Last minute PM sent, My apoligies.

Edited by oldsailor35

• 3 months later...

Anyone planning on doing a border-run from Samui during the first week of July. If so please let me know.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I need to do a VISA bounce in the next ten days.

Happy to share gasoline and ferry costs rather than do the crazy vans

Theres two of us. We are normal working Samui residents