True Adsl Connection Problem

mokwit

I have a problem in that after a year of working when TRUE network was working it appears my router is suddenly not making the LAN link, maybe after a power surge/drop from a UPS. TRUE tell me that my router sends a signal to their end OK but that nothing is recorded as coming back to me. TRUE suggested I re-enter settings into router but I want to try and isolate if it is my PC or TRUE first as I made NO changes to my PC, it just did not connect one morning, but can't rule out a concurrent probem with a UPS (as maybe being a factor).

I got out the old Askey USB modem which I have not used since switch from old true ADSL to TrueHISP with its change to PPoELLC and VCI 0/VPI 100.

I can see that I am getting an ADSL link from the old modem light but attempts to connect are met with "error 721". This suggests a problem with the TRUE end as this is the error message I got on days when TRUE was down. However want to be sure it is not the change in protocols and maybe dial in number that is causing this.

My old setting to dial in was 0,100 but I suspect that is not right and NOWHERE on TRUE website does it give the number. I MEAN NOWHERE!

So if anyone has it I would like to know what to put in the properties box for number to dial and also any other changes that should be made to update to the TRUE HISP protocols. I tried to install the driver from the website but it was blocked by my existing driver installation and it looked suspiciously outdated anyway.

Edited by mokwit