Fighter Jets In Chiang Mai

deesquared

i personally believe that children's day as a concept is truly redundant. It has been children's day at mine since my daughter was born 5 years ago.

As it relates to parents, yes of course: every day you try to make it the best possible day for your kids. Children's Day in Thailand however typically means that many businesses and government institutions do something special for kids, which can be very fun and educational. Never mind if it's the local district office, or the State Railway, or some local business, many organize a family-friendly open day to see stuff, play and have fun.

That's the concept anyway. I often steer clear of the major Children's Day events because they cause a traffic nightmare. (Especially around shopping malls. And in Chiang Mai that's worse, because the biggest shopping mall is also near the airport where the airforce show was held. )

So whats your point? The thread is about the Chiang Mai airshow? What are you trying to say?

By the way, there is only one problem with being a pacifist........you better hope everyone else is a pacifist too, otherwise your in trouble.

I responded to the post by Nocturn, which I quoted in my very reply for easy reference; see above.

The topic is Children's Day events, as per the OP. And it's certainly not 'pacifism' !!

So.. you figure it out, or better yet, go to bed.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I might find odd is the relation [and celebration] of Children's Day and militarism.

Good point.

But in my experience of almost 20 years, the airport has always been the focus of Children's Day. Kids are thrilled to see planes up close and even sit in them.

Would be better if they weren't war machines, though. Could be a carryover from the anti-Communist days when all good Village Scouts were "educated" to kill commies.

It's been a bad year (past) for military aviation in Thailand...

The double F-16 crashes, the multiple Army helicopter crashes, and now this parachuting fatality....

Little chance we'll ever learn what was the real cause of any of them.... But it's been more than enough disparate problems to make one wonder what's going on....

i personally believe that children's day as a concept is truly redundant. It has been children's day at mine since my daughter was born 5 years ago.

As it relates to parents, yes of course: every day you try to make it the best possible day for your kids. Children's Day in Thailand however typically means that many businesses and government institutions do something special for kids, which can be very fun and educational. Never mind if it's the local district office, or the State Railway, or some local business, many organize a family-friendly open day to see stuff, play and have fun.

That's the concept anyway. I often steer clear of the major Children's Day events because they cause a traffic nightmare. (Especially around shopping malls. And in Chiang Mai that's worse, because the biggest shopping mall is also near the airport where the airforce show was held. )

So whats your point? The thread is about the Chiang Mai airshow? What are you trying to say?

By the way, there is only one problem with being a pacifist........you better hope everyone else is a pacifist too, otherwise your in trouble.

I responded to the post by Nocturn, which I quoted in my very reply for easy reference; see above.

The topic is Children's Day events, as per the OP. And it's certainly not 'pacifism' !!

So.. you figure it out, or better yet, go to bed.

Au Contraire, the subject is about fighter jets in Chiang Mai, do try to keep up

Au Contraire, the subject is about fighter jets in Chiang Mai, do try to keep up

Fighter jets in Chiang Mai, which were flying BECUASE OF CHILDRENS DAY. Who's not keeping up? cheesy.gif

But seriously, it would be good if a moderator could confirm what the actual topic is; I'm getting concerned because there was a warning to 'stay on topic', but it could be any of three topics now: "Childrens Day", "Fighter Jets in Chiang Mai" or "Militarism vs Pacifism as it relates to raising children".

On the assumption that the topic is indeed limited strictly to "Fighter Jets in Chiang Mai', and that any and all discussion on the answer to that very question is off topic, here are some pretty pictures of those, especially to make TheBlether happy.

Aero L-39 Albatros

Vintage Thai Airforce DC3 -- WARNING: Not a jet plane, so very, very offtopic.gif

OV 10C Bronco ground attack plane (Also not a jet)

F16B at Chiang Mai, during Children's Day:

Edited by Tywais
Photos removed due to copyright violations

Fighter jets in Chiang Mai, which were flying BECUASE OF CHILDRENS DAY. Who's not keeping up? cheesy.gif

But seriously, it would be good if a moderator could confirm what the actual topic is; I'm getting concerned because there was a warning to 'stay on topic', but it could be any of three topics now: "Childrens Day", "Fighter Jets in Chiang Mai" or "Militarism vs Pacifism as it relates to raising children".

On the assumption that the topic is indeed limited strictly to "Fighter Jets in Chiang Mai', and that any and all discussion on the answer to that very question is off topic, here are some pretty pictures of those, especially to make TheBlether happy.

Aero L-39 Albatros

Vintage Thai Airforce DC3 -- WARNING: Not a jet plane, so very, very offtopic.gif

OV 10C Bronco ground attack plane (Also not a jet)

F16B at Chiang Mai, during Children's Day:

You dont need me to keep up.and you dont need need to keep me happy. Please take offence, if you are half as smart as you think you are are you are beyond genius. THHE SUBJECT IS CLEARLY ABOUT THE CHIANG MAI JETS ......but as per usual you twist it to suit your agenda......enough is enough.....get a grip on yourself and stop pontificating.

It's been a bad year (past) for military aviation in Thailand...

The double F-16 crashes, the multiple Army helicopter crashes, and now this parachuting fatality....

Little chance we'll ever learn what was the real cause of any of them.... But it's been more than enough disparate problems to make one wonder what's going on....

At least we get the reports these days. I'm not sure there really are more incidents, or that we hear about them more often now. It would not surprise me at all if more accidents were (more easily) suppressed before, especially the ones that don't happen in plain public view.

What I might find odd is the relation [and celebration] of Children's Day and militarism.

Good point.

But in my experience of almost 20 years, the airport has always been the focus of Children's Day. Kids are thrilled to see planes up close and even sit in them.

The army and navy also have events. Children get to hold assault rifles and there are demonstrations. It's certainly not limited to the airforce and planes, which I agree children like. Children like holding guns too though.. I think it depends on the parent to make it a responsible experience.

If there was an airshow and it wasn't childrens day, i bet some of you would say they were doing it to brainwash the children.

Stop being so paranoid.

Too many dam_n hippies in Chiang mai.

Edited by KRS1

If there was an airshow and it wasn't childrens day, i bet some of you would say they were doing it to brainwash the children.

Stop being so paranoid.

Too many dam_n hippies in Chiang mai.

It's not the hippies in CM that are the problem, it's more the flotsam & jetsam that gets washed up here. Jack of all topics, master of nothing more than a keyboard.

• 1 month later...