Punk Rock Revisiited

nomadspike

Punk is not music it's just a way of letting everybody know you're pi##ed off at the world. I'll listen to death metal all day before i even start at punk. But ok....name a couple of good punk songs that will make me change my mind. And please non of those sex pistol crap bands. :o

Punk is not music it's just a way of letting everybody know you're pi##ed off at the world. I'll listen to death metal all day before i even start at punk. But ok....name a couple of good punk songs that will make me change my mind. And please non of those sex pistol crap bands.  :o

You should probably start with BLACK FLAG. :D

Punk is not music it's just a way of letting everybody know you're pi##ed off at the world. Oh not any more, punk has become emo now and those boys are all soft lonely abuses and sad. Very senstive bunch, neo hippies really. Yes punk is dead, and it's corpse has been sold to the highest bidder.

I'll listen to death metal all day before i even start at punk. But ok....name a couple of good punk songs that will make me change my mind. And please non of those sex pistol crap bands.  :o

Punk is not music it's just a way of letting everybody know you're pi##ed off at the world. Oh not any more, punk has become emo now and those boys are all soft lonely abuses and sad. Very senstive bunch, neo hippies really. Yes punk is dead, and it's corpse has been sold to the highest bidder.

I'll listen to death metal all day before i even start at punk. But ok....name a couple of good punk songs that will make me change my mind. And please non of those sex pistol crap bands.  :o

Umm Mods, can we get a quote check here? This is a tough one, he did change the color. Hmmm , what would a punk rocker do? Hmmmm, probably just spit. :D

:D

Punk is not music it's just a way of letting everybody know you're pi##ed off at the world. I'll listen to death metal all day before i even start at punk. But ok....name a couple of good punk songs that will make me change my mind. And please non of those sex pistol crap bands.  :o

The Clash: White Man in Hammersmith Palais, Complete Control, Remote Control, Death Or Glory, Armagideon Time, Clampdown

Stiff Little Fingers: Alternative Ulster, Johnny Was

X-Ray Spex: I Can't Do Anything

The Buzzcocks: Orgasm Addict

The Avengers: White Nigger

The Only Ones: Another Girl, Another Planet

The Undertones: Get Over You

X: The World's a Mess, It's in my Kiss

I could carry on but that's a helluva good start... :D

Very intersting essay about punk!

After having read your posts I also finally agree that The Clash were a punk band, although I always denied it because of their musical diversity. I saw them rather as a rock band filed under "punk" because they were there at the time punk was hip.

One more question regarding what you said earlier about punk, especially its attitude towards establishment...was Frank Zappa after all a punk? Curious!

raro

Dead Kennedies

- Kill the Poor

- Holiday in Cambodia

Most of the rest is pants, especially the Sex Pistols, although then again since I am of that age where they were doing their swindle before me was old enuff to appreciate, well maybe I just didne understan?

Very intersting essay about punk!

After having read your posts I also finally agree that The Clash were a punk band, although I always denied it because of their musical diversity. I saw them rather as a rock band filed under "punk" because they were there at the time punk was hip.

One more question regarding what you said earlier about punk, especially its attitude towards establishment...was Frank Zappa after all a punk? Curious!

raro

Zappa could be considered punk. He challenged the system, and the political and musical establishment. The same can be said for Bo Diddley, Buddy Holly, Johnny Cash, Lou Reed... :o

Bodies and Holidays in the Sun still sounds pretty good!!!

There's a great "classic albums" show about the making of 'Never Mind the <deleted>' - as the producer says (Chris? Spedding - some reckon he played most of that record) Steve Jones' guitar sounds like a panzer division....and Rotten says the real difference with their music is they DIDN'T play fast.

Great doco...can find it on Edonkey or torrent sometimes.

Stiff Little Fingers: Alternative Ulster, Johnny Was

X-Ray Spex: I Can't Do Anything

The Buzzcocks: Orgasm Addict

The Avengers: White Nigger

The Only Ones: Another Girl, Another Planet

The Undertones: Get Over You

X: The World's a Mess, It's in my Kiss

Good stuff.

I'd say Stiff little fingers - Suspect Device

X-ray specs - Oh bodage up yours.

Undertones - teenage kicks.

Adverts - gary Gilmore's eyes.

Ramones - Blitzrieg bop.

The Damned - Neat neaat neat

The Jam - in the city

Patti Smith(yes) - Gloria

Buzzcocks -boredom

Sham 69 - borstal breakout

Dead Kennedys - california uber alles

The members - sound of the suburbs

Public Image - public image

The ruts - in a rut

The Avengers - car crash

The stranglers - get a grip

Black flag - nervous breakdown

999 - emergency

Angelic Upstarts - clockwork orange

man that brought back some great memories!

Punk rock will never die...... end of story :o

Look at bands like Metallica and Foo Fighters. They proudly admit that some of their inspiration comes from Punk.

Metallica even cover 2 punk songs when they play live ... So What (Anti Nowhere League) and Last Caress (Misfits) if i remember rightly.

Original Punks, Like the Damned, SLF, and quite a few others still tour.... I have seen the Damned more in the last 10 years, than I did in the late 70s/early 80s.

I am lucky that I was young in the heyday of Punk and got to see a lot of the original punk bands, was even lucky enough to see Screaming Lord Sutch singing with The Damned at the Christmas on Earth punk festivals in Leeds.

30 years down the line PUNK STILL LIVES!!!!

Ok if blondie,the clash,greenday,bad religion,the smiths and so on is supposed to be punk then it's ok , but othervise punk is just bad vocal and cra##y guitarsounds produced in a sh#tty studio.

I'd have to go with better productions like Opeth,Submersed,sepultura and so on. It sort of sound better........... :o

The local highschool has a license to broadcast over the airwaves. Their range is limited but occaisionaly I can pick them up and I catch some punk that I've never heard before so I am assuming it is new stuff. As for oldies but goodies not yet mentioned: Dead Boys, Stiff Little Fingers and San Francisco based Sluglords.

Blondie was definitely punk but when Mike Chapman took them into the studio and produced Parallel Lines I think it started the New Wave movement.

Edited by aughie

:D:D:D:D

just see that your banned...was that because of the above post? maybe a bit harsh...but then again... :o

:D:D:D:D

The smiths? I wasn't aware that whining and bollocking on about the meaninglessness of existance with a poofy fringey haircut and wearing pretentious clothes and wearing Doctor Marten shoes was the essence of punk?

Or am I missing something?

punk was about angst and nihilism!!!

'ca plane pour moi' by plastic bertrand being a great example.

Garageland (strummer/jones)

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector

Carbon monoxide making sure it’s effective

People ringing up making offers for my life

But I just wanna stay in the garage all night

We’re a garage band

We come from garageland

Meanwhile things are hotting up in the west end alright

Contracts in the offices, groups in the night

My bummin’ slummin’ friends have all got new boots

An’ someone just asked me if the group would wear suits

I don’t wanna hear about what the rich are doing