Fish & Chips In Bangkok

KKvampire

Offshore chippy on Sukhumvit 23 as well (they seem to have improved their offering somewhat over the past year or so...)

They went from being passable to pretty rough, so if they've improved again I may pay another visit. Hopefully they've improved beyond being just "passable" though!

There's a relatively new New Zealand owned restaurant called Snapper on the same little soi as Cheap Charlies, Sukhumvit soi 11 that I hear is good. BK Magazine awarded them the best fish n chips in Bangkok (beating both Offshore and Fat Gutz), however I'm not sure if they have cod. The best I've had were at the Black Swan pub under Asoke BTS station.

Yep, FatGutz is very nice, probably the best. I am quite partial to a late night visit to the Offshore chippy on Sukhumvit 23 as well (they seem to have improved their offering somewhat over the past year or so...)

+1

Snapper in Sukhumvit 11/1 serves only sustainable fish from New Zealand (meaning that the green street cred of the fish takes a beating from its carbon footprint). They offer all their fish in two versions, battered or breaded. As tommytouch pointed out, it has received a number of write-ups lately, and the fish is really tasty. Chips are pretty good too. Avoid the other dishes though. We sampled several (the low point being a bland, pasty seafood cake, made with a lot of stale bread as filler and precious little seafood). They are also inexplicably proud of their homemade ketchup.

• 2 weeks later...