Possible To Replace Macbook Battery

beachyman

Try a place called unlimitmac.com, I was told that sometimes the do repair work for istudio. My cousin fixed his mac air screen with them, istudio quoted 12,000 but they fixed for 7,000.

Edited by arkom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The name is iStore is on the 4th floor of fortune IT mall. Pink/white logo near the end of the computer/printer section. (away from tesco) 086 302 2218.

Not sure if he will repair or have the exact part. Maybe he can order. traffic can be bad in that area of town at most times of the day. Take MRT or a minibus if there is one.. A taxi can easily add 100 baht on meter just waiting for traffic to move. tollway or not, that area gets packed sometimes.

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app.

• 1 month later...

BUMP:

I need to replace my Macbook Pro Battery: Its the removable type from the 1st Gen Unibody design Macbook Pro (now 3 year old).

Hence, all I need is a spare battery to slot in and clip the base back in.

Does anyone know where in Bangkok and how much?

Also there is a mention of cheaper batteries for the MBP, are they any good, the same, poorer? I really have little idea here so if anyone with first hand experience knows I'd appreciate the feedback.

It might be a silly question - any iStudio could sell them, but I've never seen them before and don't want to go driving from shop to shop if there are only a few places I can find one, equally so I don't want to drive to fortune or panthip unnecessarily if the iStore down the road has them.

I only used them once, but I thought the iStudio (iBeat?) in Seacon Square was fair. Traffic's not bad and they have good parking.

By Skytrain it's tough to beat the iStudio at the Emporium, but I don't know about the service.

BUMP:

I need to replace my Macbook Pro Battery: Its the removable type from the 1st Gen Unibody design Macbook Pro (now 3 year old).

Hence, all I need is a spare battery to slot in and clip the base back in.

Does anyone know where in Bangkok and how much?

Also there is a mention of cheaper batteries for the MBP, are they any good, the same, poorer? I really have little idea here so if anyone with first hand experience knows I'd appreciate the feedback.

It might be a silly question - any iStudio could sell them, but I've never seen them before and don't want to go driving from shop to shop if there are only a few places I can find one, equally so I don't want to drive to fortune or panthip unnecessarily if the iStore down the road has them.

The iStore below seems to have OEM Apple parts from hong kong. I bought a battery for a macbook 2007 model and it is still chugging along fine. Sometimes the battery will charge to 98-99% and hold, but that is a common problem for some batteries. Maybe I will reset to PRAM again and see what happens.

I can add that they are on MRT, Phra Ram 9 station.

http://www.fortunetown.co.th/index.php/contact-us/map.html

and I will also upload the map here for reference.

post-109486-0-21270700-1334471885_thumb.

The name is iStore is on the 4th floor of fortune IT mall. Pink/white logo near the end of the computer/printer section. (away from tesco) 086 302 2218.

Not sure if he will repair or have the exact part. Maybe he can order. traffic can be bad in that area of town at most times of the day. Take MRT or a minibus if there is one.. A taxi can easily add 100 baht on meter just waiting for traffic to move. tollway or not, that area gets packed sometimes.

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app.

Fastmac batteries are supposed to be the best for the older, replaceable MacBook Pro models. They have tech in them that's similar to what the new unibody batteries have. Google it.

I have to say since then batteries have improved to the point where you really don't need to replace them. My MacBook Pro unibody 2009 (3 years old now) had its battery replaced under AppleCare at year 2. I have put 418 charge cycles on the new battery - in case you don't know what that means, 300 cycles used to be where Apple would say the battery normally fails - and it's still at 94% of its original capacity.

In the past, anything above 300 and the thing would be dead.

Get iStat Pro to find out what yours is at... it's a free widget.

Edited by nikster