Can Buy The New Xbox 360 In Bangkok ?

thestirfry

Xbox360 is of course a much better system, but I reckon its going to be 1 year or so until copied games becoem available and a lot of the functionality wont be available due to their XBOX360 Live stuff.

Should be able to get a cheap, chipped XBOX 1 over here, dont think you can get chipped ones in the UK anymore.

If you cant find one, I have one for sale with 60+ games, chipped etc... But Im in Phuketl.

they are all being traded on Ebay at twice the buying price.

Xbox sells out in UK

Very popular or restricted supply?

Iain Thomson, vnunet.com 02 Dec 2005

Retailers are warning that the new Xbox has completely sold out in the UK.

Customers queued through the night to get their hands on the latest console, but the number of advanced orders exceeded the number of available units even before the launch. Some have questioned if this was a deliberate tactic to bring extra attention to the launch.

"I think it's unlikely Microsoft has withheld supply," Paul Jackson, principal analyst for consumer markets for Forrester Research.

"It's more to do with launching in three markets in close succession. The amount of units it had would satisfy either the US, EU or Far East, but not all at the same time."

Meanwhile prices for the new console on eBay have reached stratospheric levels. Some auctions are offering the new machine at double the price in the shops.

I would seriously recommend against an XBox360 at this time.

Here in the US they are having severe issues with the power supply overheating to the point where it is crashing the game. Some people have improved this by suspending the power supply to get airflow all around it. Somehow I don't expect this situation to be less problematic in Thailand, but more so.

I would seriously recommend against an XBox360 at this time.

Here in the US they are having severe issues with the power supply overheating to the point where it is crashing the game. Some people have improved this by suspending the power supply to get airflow all around it. Somehow I don't expect this situation to be less problematic in Thailand, but more so.

Electrically speaking - Thailand "might" not suffer to the same degree because it's 220v rather than 110v. That means the psu would only need to draw half as much current to power the unit (which could easily mean that power supplies here won't overheat...).

If the UK (230v) Xbox360s don't have the same issues that the US boxes have, you can be fairly sure they'll be OK in Thailand too. (so check Google news...)