Buffalo Or Cow

nellyp

I posted this at the end of an older thread but as there was no response I though I would try again. I have tracked back through some threads but cannot find the info I need.

I am interested in buying a young buffalo as my misses wants one and I think it would be good at eating the overgrowth around my place. I understand a buffalo will grow on this stuff but not a cow. i would not mind either but would want to sell if they ever grow. I too am interested in prices for either. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry i have no idea of an age to buy at so advice on that would be appreciated too

Cheers

B20,000 - B25,000 for a healthy male calf....perhaps differing in regards to a healthy female counterpart. Every situation and price will be diiferent, of course.

A strong healhy adult can fetch a wad. Since they really don't serve any practical purpose in modern Thai today, folks continue to produce and raise them for security, barter, cash, and dowries. Just as valauable as they were 100 years ago....

i was told to wait until the rice was being harvested to get a good price on cattle as most farmers are busy cutting the rice and the cows cannot be let out to roam while the farmers harvest rice

last cow i bought for the mrs old man cost me 22500 bt it was 9 months old and its a fawn colour with great big long ears like a rabbit the old boy selling it wanted 30000 bt but i bid him down, the cow i bought is more of a pet than an animal for meat hence the price, my wife has told me many times that her dad has been offered a lot more money for the cow than i paid for it some time this year it should be ready to breed so fingers crossed. im not in the habit of buying her old man cows but hed been really good to me in the past and my 2 daughters fell in love with it so i treated him.

Edited by randysavage