Rubber Buyers North Isaan

MYKTHEMIN

I am looking for rubber buyers in the Loei and Udon Thani area, not the small buyers in the villages, I am looking for the people the small buyers sell to, ie cut out the middle man.

The prices at the moment are crazy low in the villages and want to get a much better price.

Any one have any good contacts?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm northeast of Udon, and my first years rubber output was sold as Jim has suggested. The local Gov sale at the Amphur. But we've stopped for the season now.

There is a big rubber buying operation being built just north of Udon and should be ready late next year. I'm looking forward to seeing what they offer in the way of prices. I drive by it on the way into Udon so it would be handy for selling. It's north of Udon and east down Hwy 2255 about 15 kms or so on the north side of the road.

Ken

Myk:

We've just sold cup rubber, first year of tapping and not too many trees yet so sheets are a year or two down the road for us.

Our last sale was Jan 13 before we shut it down for the year. Price was starting to go up a little bit after bottoming out. We got 45.60 baht per kilo