Mitsubishi Triton Plus

bkmbkk

As pr other topc I have just parked my BMW 320D for a uncertain length of time.

I am now in the market for a truck.

I need a 2 WD 4 door that will be a daily runner (school etc).Must be comfortable (as good as possible for truck).

The Triton Plus (cost 820K) is available in 2 weeks - It looks cool but a bit cheap inside.

How is this truck overall ?

The waiting time on Toyota Vigo is much longe,r so not interested in that even I suspect the Vigo to be better quality.

Ford Ranger ?

Would you buyv the Triton ?

I have been looking at them all. You can see some of them at the BOI, think it’s still on. I particularly liked the look of the Chevrolet, availability is about one month, however have decided to wait for the Isuzu V-Cross. The rear seats in both are very good for a pickup. As to the Triton, I just don’t think that the rear seats are as good.

If you want a large good looking and impressive pickup with good seats then look at the wildtrak. No price announced yet, waiting for motor show I understand.

I've owned my Mitsubishi Triton Plus, since April 2011, 4 door, 2 wheel drive automatic, I find it roomy with adequate comfort for rear seat passengers. I opted for the Pearl White version which came with simulated leather seats all round. I find it a pleasure to drive and feel very safe whilst doing so, up to now it hasn't given me any cause for concern and would recommend it to anyone looking to buy an inexpensive high wheel pick up.

I've owned my Mitsubishi Triton Plus, since April 2011, 4 door, 2 wheel drive automatic, I find it roomy with adequate comfort for rear seat passengers. I opted for the Pearl White version which came with simulated leather seats all round. I find it a pleasure to drive and feel very safe whilst doing so, up to now it hasn't given me any cause for concern and would recommend it to anyone looking to buy an inexpensive high wheel pick up.

The engine in the Triton is great,but...well,the rest is kind of "dated" ...wink.png

I opted for the Pearl White version which came with simulated leather seats all round.

The pearl white Triton Plus 4-door has real leather chairs - nothing simulated about them wink.png

Why only the white one? Special release?

While it's pretty clear that the new Ranger is setting a higher standard in the pickup category, right at this very moment, the Triton Plus is still the most powerful pickup on the Thai market (the 3.2L Ranger is still vaporware and the +2HP on the 2.8L Colorado doesn't count, heh), and it's a very compelling deal if looking at the Plus 4-door.

For the same money as the 4-door XLT 2WD 6AT Ranger, and with a little negotiating, the Triton Plus will give you a few features that are unavailable in the Ranger XLT, i.e. an Alpine 7" touchscreen with DVD player, leather chairs, steering wheel paddle shifters, GPS Navigation*, Reversing Camera*, Reversing Sensors*, 5-year/150,000Km warranty* and a 1.79% interest rate with 25% down, or 0% interest with 40% down*.

* = you'll need to negotiate these into the deal, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

If I had a budget cap of 800K, and didn't necessarily want something as big as the Ranger, I'd give it consideration.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I opted for the Pearl White version which came with simulated leather seats all round.

The pearl white Triton Plus 4-door has real leather chairs - nothing simulated about them wink.png

Yes - you pay extra for white pearl paint, so to sweeten the deal it's the only 'Plus' model that comes with factory leather.

Yes - you pay extra for white pearl paint, so to sweeten the deal it's the only 'Plus' model that comes with factory leather.

and some door lists

for 820k baht I would search all around TH to find a 799k baht Ranger 2,2 auto 4 door

nothing wrong about the Triton, except I find it ugly, and as pointed out by MRO it wins at some points. But overall Ranger is a much better truck, and its new

Thanks guys - I think the Triton is a good option.

The Ranger is quite big so not sure I need a "Hummer".

When I was first looking, they didn't have a truck to show me, so they showed me 2 employees personal vehicles! OK, first they said engine would be smaller, colors are limited, no rear cameras in 4X4, and cannot get a 4X4 in white! Seems all they had to show me was a brosure and not familirs with all accessories available to new ones, I opted to leave, Briskly!! Neighbor has Plus model in 2WD and like it, but I will wait for new Ranger 3.2. After the floods and rainey season, I want a 4X4 and more room for me and family!!

The engine in the Triton is great,but...well,the rest is kind of "dated" ...wink.png

You are right + the interior looks kinda cheap.

I'm now more into the Ranger Wilstreak 2,2 L